Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      14 Aug
    Organic Gardener

Well Marc is back home, good stuff. Glad I'm not paying to keep someone in jail that shouldn't be there.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

dying pistols

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2004 - 12:40 AM

so the ladies are in their 6th week and some of the pistols are looking like they are drying up and turning brown on the tips only. the middle and down part of the pistol is fat and healthy looking. it is not affecting the whole garden but enough to raise a flag. there is no uniform place where this takes place...it is happening in all areas: the outter perimeter of the garden, the inner plants, top of the plant, middle and bottom buds. it is not happening everywhere and i am sure it is not rubbing of leaves on buds but i am concerned it might be some thing that could spread or something that i can catch in time. there are twelve days left before flushing and i don't wanna miss out on anything.thank you for your time and peace to your nation.

#2 Orchidman

Orchidman

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 02:55 AM

One of the first things I think of when the pistols die too early is a male plant. Once the pollen hits the female the hairs turn brown right away. Look around for a male or a hermie in your females. This would be my first suspect.

A flower is a flower

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2004 - 05:16 PM

yeah and the problem....ph metre out of wack! hanna ph pens suck and should only be used in dire straights. all this time i have been getting crazy readings and adjusting "accordingly". yeah right...test all metres high and low and never rely on the pen!

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2004 - 05:35 PM

Are you walking into the crop to water your plants? If you start walking in and around the bush, it will show...and if there is one hermie you will spread the pollen all over the place. If it is what orchidman think it is, you will see it very quickly,the pistils will get brown within few more days.... If it is only because you enjoy dancing in the garden, then it is not such a big deal but you are breaking your resin pods and you will damage the flowers. Actually it can be due to numerous causes, usually not that serious..like PH problems as you said....
what ferts are you using?