• Photo
      25 Jul
    BongAkaDrew

About to attempt my first 4g run of bho :) wish me luck

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      25 Jul
    the_dank_one

nothing pisses me off more to come by and see all my pics have been removed and the threads look like shit now..pointless

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      10 Jul
    ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

Happy Oil Day! Happy birthday to Tesla, Busch and Orff and me!

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Help plants getting taken over by powdery mildew.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2003 - 07:50 AM

My plant has survived some freezes and frost. It seems to me that the powdery mildew is getting worse. What type of weather kill powdery mildew? What kind of chemicals or soulitions should i put on my plant to heal it up. This is my last and only plant left. 3.5ft female flowering great and in its 4 week of flowering. Finishes late october to early november.HElP?

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2003 - 05:38 AM

3 ways:
air circulation - humidity control - rotation
otherwise synthetic poisons,but since they're fowering you may wanna use naturals. mildew on leaves is greatly reduced by regularly applying organic foliar fertililzers prepared from compost--the greater variety of organic matter in the compost, the better the foliar fertilizer in promoting diverse, balanced fungal populations in the phylosphere--this is the real key to contolling leaf fungus.
remove the untreatable leaves if possible. it can kill a plant swiftly when the weather is mild/cool, damp and cloudy. it also slows flowering and fruiting in some plant species. ask anyone who grows squash and the related.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2003 - 10:18 AM

Yesterday i just sprayed spectracide immunox fungicide on my plant. It was just a light coating. It is suppose to wear off in 2 weeks. Weather has been getting in the mid 70's to low 80's. It is getting dry which is good. I dont want to spray it anymore. Is it ok that i sprayed my plants with Spectracide ?

#4 Eazy_T

Eazy_T

Stoner

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 05 October 2003 - 11:33 AM

Did you spray it on the buds??

"Greed will kill us all."-Me

#5 da_Gnome

da_Gnome

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 05 October 2003 - 02:30 PM

A mix of baking soda in water can slow down down and sometimes stop powdery mildew. More information Here & Here . I've used this with good results on garden ornamentals - would probably work for you - but stay clear of buds unless you want your smoke to taste of it.

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2003 - 04:52 PM

Yes i did spray my buds with the fungicide. But i did spray a light coating on the plant and shook the plant a few times to get alot of the droplets off. It was an emergency, I did not know baking soda would work and this is for vegetable plants to like grapes. It is only supposed to last for two weeks and thats without rain. If the problem still presist than i will try the water and baking soda solution. I am a little afraid about putting soap in it for fear of poisoning my plant. This is my only plant now. This plant has to survive at all cost. So i am a little cautious about putting new things on top of my plant. I need proven marijuana sprays that work and wont shock or kill my plant. Thanks for all your comments!!

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2003 - 02:57 PM

Any More thoughts or Advice?

#8 flashback

flashback

Stoner

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 03:47 PM

There is a new product called AQ10 that's a biofungicide and is organic. I read about it but haven't tried it. I might, next year because my Cuc's had a problem with powdery mildew this past grow season.

http://www.groworgan...e5oz14gram.html

http://www.pmac.net/aq.htm

#9 da_Gnome

da_Gnome

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 07:38 PM

He's right!

ATTRA Organic references...
Compost tea as a foliar spray

Now please don't think I'm nuts but the spray mentioned above is based on the beneficial parasitic fungi Ampelomyces quisqualis found in healthy aereated compost tea... they do indeed attack powdery mildew.

#10 Eazy_T

Eazy_T

Stoner

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 10:22 PM

Thanks for the links guys.

IMO you should never smoke bud with that chem shit that's been sprayed on it. But it's your body buddy.

I do feel for you because it's your last plant.

Good luck

"Greed will kill us all."-Me