Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      06 Sep
    ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

I made a step, acquired a label, gained knowledge and once again the yawning chasm of another step approaches. I still have far to go. How do you win when you have a fraction of the strength of others?

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

tripping shrooms alone?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2003 - 10:48 AM

Have you guys ever tried this? I'm very experienced, but I've never done it alone. I assume as long as I kept myself occupied as ussual it would be fun. thoughts........?

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2003 - 01:16 PM

Tripping on shrooms alone is different from when you are with friends, but its neither better nor worse. It's like smoking up at home alone as compared to with all your buddies.
Only cautions I'd say are worth mentioning when tripping alone is to make sure you can avoid a bad trip by yourself.

Make sure you know how to handle a trip when its getting sour, uncomfortable or whatever.
When I tripped alone in my room, i thought my room would be the perfect place, but it turned out that I didn't really like my room that much while on shrooms.

Watching t.v is very cool and strange, but may seem like a waste of time.. i tried listening to music but all I could find was britney spears and other pop.

Just try to keep yourself occupied with things that may interest you, if you don't its easier to fall into a bad trip. And while alone a bad trip can be well, VERY bad.
Just on new years, one of my best friends was having a great trip for the new years, then he had to go home and at 3 am he phoned me, still tripping. And he was having major mood swings, good thing that i was able to talk him through it thuogh.

When you're alone, it someitmes means that you are alone and that is that. No one to call or reach out to while experiencing a tough and rough trip. So be prepared, keep in mind that you can handle yourself.
You're very experienced you say so it shouldn't be anything overwhelmingly new. Although it will still be overwhelming, just do the same things you do when tripping with friends, HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Tripping alone is more of an experience of learning, rather than an experience of chaos and giggles... Its different, but hte same, but different..... hahaha i dunno just do it and keep yourself safe.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2003 - 02:06 PM

eat the shrooms - turn off all the lights, and lay in bed for four hours - thats they way to do it.
the fifth dimensional MantisLords who are plotting to take control of our dimension through the use of electromagnetic carrier waves and commercial media are only centimeters away.....

#4 Gopal108

Gopal108

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,886 posts
  • LocationTime and Space

Posted 02 January 2003 - 03:22 PM

I agree with xochipilli,
Tripping alone is the way to go. I follow terrance Mckenna's view that if a person has tripped a few times and there seems to be no serious problems they should try it alone. Others only distract you from the trip. While somewhat valuable as a safety at first, to really experience it one must dive in alone. On a bed with good music is definatly a good way to go. Nature is nice as well but it often difficult to relax fully unless one is in a very private area. The only enemy is fear. One often fears where mushrooms take us, toward insanity or worse death, but actually in a strong mind niether is the case. They take you too a wonderful place. For me the best mushroom trips come alone in the dark with natural/tribal music and complete privacy to feel, think, and act how I wish.

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2003 - 07:17 PM

I agree, alone in a dark room, on a comfortable bed with incense burning, and a good selection of listening material set out is my ideal trip scenario.

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:38 AM

I love tripping alone
and doint take that the wrong way I love being social (and sober) or tripping with friends

but with friend I cant take shrooms breathe in and out with my eyes closed going as deep as I can into my own mind (which is the the mind of ONE, there is nothing seperate)

anyway if you can handle being alone and really having fun seeing what you can see I say go for it

I having beig trying to have one of my shroomie "journeys" for 2 -3 weeks now but no luck here in vancouver bc fo me
I am gonna have some syrian rue soon it sucks I cant find mushies anywhere

#7 budgrowth02

budgrowth02

Old hand

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:35 PM

i would say start slow and get used to the feeling of trippin alone. i prefer to trip alone, its very peaceful once i get over the antisapitory anxiety. sailing on the water with just you, a sail, and mother nature is a blast. clouds making weird things of them selves. but dont go on the water unless you got things figured out.

When reaching out and touching peoples soul you have to be careful, because there might be something unhealthy living there.

#8 ralphster44

ralphster44

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationIllinois USA

Posted 06 January 2003 - 12:58 PM

Tripping alone is cool....been doing it for years.
With people is cool too...either way:)
If your gonna do some really heavy tripping...I like to trip alone.
Especially mushrooms...

www.RalphstersSpores.com Ralphsters ships to Canada from WITHIN Canada !!!

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2003 - 02:25 PM

Tripping alone and medditating is awesome I have experianced what shamans call the Small Death. It is incredable!

Once you cross the abyss there is no going back...

Disclaimer: These trips not intended for those with extream psycological or neurological disorders.

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2003 - 04:53 PM

Read The psychedelic experience (tibetian book of the dead)By timothy leary and friends just by reading the manual you will find what your looking for. You'll be shocked

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2003 - 01:09 PM

hmm I think I saw that on kazaa ill have to go download it...

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2003 - 05:50 PM

YesYesYes! I cant stress that enough, read that book, and trip alone. You'll learn alot im sure.

#13 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2003 - 05:14 PM

Hey, why not have the phone number of a friend around while you are tripping. Just let the friend know where and what you are up to. You never know when one of those uncomfortable trips is gonna sneek up on you, Only afterwards have I looked back and said "Oh yea, I should have known". I pick up just as much info from the tough trips as the ecstatic ones. Sometimes means you are tripping too much? Anyways unless you actually go ahead and jump you won't die. at least not physically. Those transdimensional buggers better think twice while Bush is in charge. Ha Ha

#14 snowstorm

snowstorm

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2003 - 03:31 PM

I know I'm new to these forums,well not really i was on the last one that crash or something for about a year.Anyway the first time i took about a gram of shrooms,I did it with a friend ,he left to go to a party about an hour later.I never took them since, that was over 10 years ago.I was watching TV when I noticed that every time I'd breathe in the wall in the room would suck in or close in worp what ever,breathing out the walls went out,I hyperventalated and thought i was having a heart attack,run outside into a field and talked to myself through the peak while my body felt like jello.I could do acid alone anytime though,funny Ah?.

#15 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2003 - 01:47 PM

Ive done shrooms like 4 times and ill resume you the last one First Me And My friends we're around a fire ( in winter :S ) and we did 1-2g each ( Mushrooms are powerfull here in Montreal ) ive taken 2 g But i was supposed to have 1 g When the trip as started you know i was starting to se Wavy visuals and weird colors that was getting Nice :p and suddently some NON-Shrooming people have come to the fire they have stayed like 5 mins But i dont know why i was returning to the town with them ( we wer in woods ) and suddently ive lost them ( dont remember how ) i was starting to freak out ! so with apparently not alot of intelligence i decided to return Home ( Where My Mom was ) the cars and the danger of getting hurt ws really there i was freaking out at every cars that pass by. when ive came to my house i saw from the lights at the window that my Mom was listenning TV so i was REALLY FREAKING OUT !!!! cuz i didnt remember she was there so ive came inside ( By the basement ) and when i was going down the stairs i remember that i was Feeling like a complete Stranger and inside the House the wals was Moving ( That was Really scaring me out ) so after that i was going in the washroom to take a shower ( tough it was going to help me ) But when i saw my eye on the mirror i was Having such Big Mickey Mouse's eyes lolll Then ive get in to the shower and i remember that the shower was moving too!!! when i came out ive forgot that i already taken a shower so ive re-taken another shower ( did that 6 times ) after that ive come up ( where my mom is ) and i really move fast to My room ( and was getting ready to go to bed ( at 9:00 pm lolllll ) ( its been 2 hours since i have taken the shrooms) and suddently my Mom called me ( I WAS SO FREAKING OUT !!!!! ) i dont remeber a word what ive telled to her but i remember that it didnt make a lot of sens at all then i was jumping in my bed and try to sleep the fastest as possible ( But We Cannot really Sleep On shrooms ) loll so i was in my bed everything around me was Moving ( Wavy Walls) so i decided to close my eye and see if this better . LOLLLLLL That wasnt i was seeing Colors , light and flashing colors and a strange character looking like an asian with a pyramid style Hat ( cartoon like ) he Was Flashing and he's eyes was like spirals . so i opened my eyes and the walls was still moving and suddently my move came in my room and put the dog ( he sleep in my room ) in my room i remember me saying stupid things like : are you Going to The ' Chalet ' Tonight ??? and it was 10:30 pm and my mom was ready to go to bed loll after that i was earing a weird sound we call that a ' GInbarde ' in French it make a weird sound and you put it in your mouth and it vibrate and creat a sound . when we was at the fire someone played that instrument and i was earing that in my room ( why eyes was closed ) i tough i was still at the fire i opened my eyes and i was in my rooms But i didnt know if i was really there ( pretty freaky feeling ) i tough i was sleeping at the fire and all dream that But i wasnt dreaming lolll after ( i dont remeber how much time ) i remember seeying the life another way ( a better way ) the trip was getting more in control and ive fall asleep ( dont know how i was on shroom normally you cannot sleep on shroom alot of people told me this ) and i dont remeber my dreams but this Night My dreams Was REALLY Fuck up loll i think i ws having more than 2 g of shrooms ( ill never know how much it was ) But those shrooms Was Fuckin incredible !

the next day i didnt talk to my mom about that dont know what she was thinking Maybe she taugh i was just tired lolll

Ps : sorry for my English i usually speak french

#16 Gopal108

Gopal108

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,886 posts
  • LocationTime and Space

Posted 23 April 2003 - 02:07 PM

I used to always tell my parents I had been drinking. To them this was much more acceptable than psychedelics and they always bought it as a reason for my somewhat strange behavior, usually just a big grin. One has to always remember that to outsiders we don't seem nearly as strange as we feel. Always remember they don't know.

#17 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2003 - 02:16 PM

Right Gopal. Usually people seem alot stranger than they really are. Take me for instance.....Most of the time people think that I am very strange, but when they get to know me they realize that I am quite normal in most respects.

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2003 - 02:42 PM

by the time im tripping pretty good i *must* be alone....so i usually trip alone.

#19 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2003 - 04:42 PM

yeah i always become torn between stayin with my trippin buddies or goin on my own, i usually pick alone. I tend to get bugged out by other people, especially if one or more of them arent. When im alone it usually seems more spiritual or in the very least more worth the shrooms. Helps me work out problems.
I like the real heavy trips where i pretty much never move since im completely lost in my mind.....damn where the shrooms at?

#20 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2003 - 08:57 PM

couldn't agree more. i've found that trippn alone is generally a more worth while experiences than trippn with others. its definetly a more spiritual experience and you don't have to worry as much about bad vibes ruining it. unless something genuinely BAD occurs, bad trips normally happen around others when something gets taken out of context or someone is misunderstood, which happens alot when people are really fucked up. trippn with people you know well can be alot of fun, but tripn in an intimiate setting with strangers is always a bad idea.