Jpl

4 Node's on a Plant? "genetic's"

I've had this in my head since the mid 90's, so I'll be interested on any feedback of this topic.

The story goes, I found some seed from a bud that was purchased. I can't remember what the smoke was like but the thing that struck me was planting some of these seeds into dad's veggie garden resulted in plants that had 4 node's per segment coming out as a cross. This was on all segment's of the plant also the branches came out in four's,

with 4 leaves & 4 tip's.

All but one was kept and i put the others out bush, if they survived i would have been lucky but sadly there was nothing there when i got back from grape picking.

The most f'up part is that the one that was left in the garden was plucked from a dick of a mate before i got home ( tryed to offer $ ) for it! Shame.

The reason for this topic is, has anyone seen this genetic behaviour before?

If i could only go back with a camera...

• Like 2

No seen twins from one seed and twisted leaves, but not multiple branches off one point.

• Like 1

Mmm, with all the growing you guys get to play with ( i envy your world ) i thought this would have been noticed  somewhere else on the planet.

This was in the early part of my introduction to the pot plant,

as i recall being bewildered that the leaves weren't the normal long & thin leaf's that I've been seeing.

These were broad & short, now i know it was an "Indica Strain".

I did do some research on this on the internet and the result wasn't as clear has i hoped, so being on this forum i thought i would put this out there and hopefully get some clarity on this.

Jpl...

Ps. This is as close to a resemblance as i could find to what they  looked like, i dont remember if it produced 4 cotyledon's?

3-leaf-seedling-marijuana-sm.jpg

tri-leaf-cannabis-sm.jpg

• Like 2

Would this be a desirable trait to have?

• Like 2

Every plant I've had start funny like that grew out of it as it got bigger.

No advantage at all but mildly interesting.

• Like 1