HERDEE

A trichome/hash/shatter storage question

I'd like to ask the forum members a question on storing the different forms of Cannabis. I've been keeping my trichomes and shatter in the freezer in small glass containers and my hash made from the pressed trichomes down the basement on a shelf, within a box in a glass jar where it's dark and cool. I know the ancients stored old hash down in the cool dirt cellar within a lambskin hung up in the cellar rafters where the old hashish was highly prized for being so mellow and smooth. We know now it's the development of more of the CBN. Do you think I need to keep the trichomes in the freezer or is it a mistake? The shatter seems to do well frozen because when I take it out it becomes so sticky very quickly. Thanks for any advice.

• Like 2

Interested to see what the knowledgeable people say about this. Perhaps the lamb skin is the important part.

• Like 1

I can't see what the lambskins had to do with anything.  Likely hung here as part of the leather tanning process if anything.  Meat is hung in a cool place to age it so likely that is it.

Hash from dry sift will age slowly but should be no problem freezing it for long term storage tho that will radically slow down any aging.  As it has almost zero water in it so freezing shouldn't alter it physically.

• Like 2