I was given the opportunity to run a few grows with the Majestic 12 LED and I'm going to record the progress of the grow every step of the way. I started from clone and planted them in 1 gallon airpots. The strain is Lemon Kush by the Humboldt Seed Company. Its my second time growing this strain, so I'm excited to see how it grows under my new Majestc12 LED. 

IMG_0541.thumb.jpg.a1d2e64ef8c34dee3159e4ff65575a7f.jpgIMG_0753.thumb.jpg.74bb0732b055ee515ef14256d0550608.jpg

This is day 6 of Veg from when I planted the Lemon Kush clones into soil. I had to disconnect half of the LED bars from the Majestic12 because it was too powerful for the clones. I keep the LED about 24-26 inches from the canopy, any lower causes the plants to droop. Im able to keep the temperature pretty stable and 78 being the low and 81 as the high. 

So far I have 6 Lemon Kush clones, but will chose the top 4 that are closest in size when they are ready to be transplanted in 3 gallon airpots.   

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

that's a nice setup, love the light . can i inquire as to what brand it is?

scrap that, just reread your post and you say what it is  sorry.

• Like 2

Here is Week 2 of Veg for the Lemon Kush clones grown under the Majestic12 LED. I topped the Lemon Kush clones a few days ago and they are already starting to form new nodes. Not too much growth from last update, but they are slowly coming along. On my last run with Lemon Kush, I noticed that they like to grow tall instead of bushy, which in want to focus on during this grow. 

I have the Majestic12 LED about 26 inches above the canopy and I still have half of the LED bars running. I tried lowering the light to 24 inches and the plants started to droop and they responded the same way with all 8 LED bars running. Also, the Majestic12 LED doesn't emit too much heat so I'm able to keep the temperature constantly around 77 Degrees Fahrenheit and about 55 Humidity. 

IMG_0753.thumb.jpg.2cb79c7fbfeff8920087032ad9f903d0.jpgIMG_0757.thumb.jpg.51a0eddb1e84b8923d8f155232896499.jpg

• Like 1

This is at the start of week 3 of Veg and there is not much difference. The growth is slow, but I'm noticing some of the Lemon Kush clones are growing faster than the others. The first 2 pictures were taken on day 21 and there is not much change from my previous posts.

IMG_0968.thumb.jpg.159514b72792d0e576557e0a6e56885b.jpgIMG_0971.thumb.jpg.75f4c9e6e2185220448914a017e11bf5.jpg

These last 2 pictures were taken on day 26 of veg. Now I'm starting to see growth and new leaves are forming. When I opened the tent, the Lemon Kush were reaching for the light! I keep the Majestic12 LED 26 inches above the canopy because any lower causes the clones to droop.

IMG_1049.thumb.jpg.911d307ddb2ea2a7a774100a4052515d.jpgIMG_1054.thumb.jpg.5b18ea41941f85bdbec034d0e996ebdd.jpg

• Like 1

They are starting to get some legs on them, I find usually around week 3, they have got enough roots developed, to get a good growth spurt going.

Looks like you definitely had a bit of  light burn last week when your light was too low, the leaves are clawing, and some of the leaves in this last pic have a bit of burn on them. probably what stalled the growth a bit.

Week 4 of veg and I'm starting to see vigorous growth. The Lemon Kush clones are reaching for the LED and are starting to fill out. Still have half of the LED bars connected and have the light 26 inches above the canopy.

IMG_1167.thumb.jpg.b2b396ff8d82154dcddcf9d54dce4111.jpgIMG_1170.thumb.jpg.008a2123a6c1648a50251bf48893112d.jpg

This is Week 5 of Veg and I have selected the top 4 Lemon Kush clones that I will be using for this grow. The Majestic12 LED did great for the clones so I threw in a Purple Punch 2.0 seedling in there to help her grow. I will take it out once the Lemon Kush clones start to fill up the trellis I built for them. 

I will probably veg for 8 full weeks as I want to fill this tent up as much as possible before I flip them into flower. 

IMG_1226.thumb.jpg.868875932bce323fc9c962260d5135e2.jpgIMG_1252.thumb.png.bf52333c2b652343c1f778c7f4a9b077.png

• Like 1

This is week 6 of Veg for the Lemon Kush grown under the Majestic12 LED. The Lemon Kush clones have reached the trellis that I built for them and are growing fast! As they grow I'm weaving them through the trellis to get an even canopy.

IMG_1333.thumb.jpg.4306afab076496f16883f3fe10c96f9f.jpgIMG_1407.thumb.jpg.e30c11734fb0268eb49e8c076d854d5d.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/4/2018 at 12:30 AM, BeachBums Grow said:

This is week 6 of Veg for the Lemon Kush grown under the Majestic12 LED. The Lemon Kush clones have reached the trellis that I built for them and are growing fast! As they grow I'm weaving them through the trellis to get an even canopy. 

Nice job Beach Bum—on all counts. You inspired me to ask you how you posted all your great pics. I love the trellis you built! I have a little experimental grow in my basement and would like to show you my pictures. I too am using an LED. But after only 6 weeks, my OG-Kush plants were massive and more than 5 times the size of your plants when they were that old. My light is called an “Electric Sky 300” and it blew me away when I started using it. It’s so powerful like yours I had to start it 4ft above my canopy. That’s what its instructions said and I’m glad I listened! It doesn’t have the ability to turn parts of the diodes off. So what I’m suggesting is that your growth was so slow because instead of just raising your lights at full strength, way higher than you’re accustomed to, you turned parts of zee light out. Did your instructions tell you to do that? Or was that tent forcing you?

Grow_Wizzard taught me a cool new way to clone, but I was so busy with my regular grow operation, I didn’t have time to try it yet. So I made cuttings a few days ago, the way I’m used to doing it before putting the mothers into flower. I’ll do that tomorrow on their 7th week birthday cause they’re already over 3ft tall! I know this strain will stretch lots all zee way through flowering. When I do I’ll move them into the flowering room and continue with a regular HPS flower Hortilux lamp which these OG’s love.

I only do clones in my basement grow and all our regular 5000 plants are started from seed. I took the clones when the mothers were still in veg like I’m supposed to do and always done. I was hesitant to try what Grow_Wizzard suggested, which was take zee clones a couple weeks after flowering. I’ll have to ask him about that later. So when I move zee mothers tomorrow, my ES 300 will be super high up over my dome at around 5ft.

I see Shadey said your plants look a little burned. My giant mothers are rich beautiful emerald green so I don’t wanna burn their babies. I know faded green yellowing leaves are a sign of too much light, and your plants are looking good now after you brought them back, but try turning you LED on full blast at a much higher height and see if they still burn. Maybe you can’t cause you’re using a tent. My veg room has lower ceiling than my flower and my flower room ceiling is 12ft high and that’s why its my flower room cause those OG’s love to stretch. By zee end of flower they’re a good 7ft. With giant 12” cola’s—which I hear is freakish for that strain! That’s the sativa in them. Zee other part of the strain is indica and when they’re in veg, that part makes them big and bushy with fatter, broader leaves.

Anyway, I imagine posting pics here will work like any other place, but if you could teach me your picture posting procedure, I’d really appreciate it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mjMikey said:

Anyway, I imagine posting pics here will work like any other place, but if you could teach me your picture posting procedure, I’d really appreciate it.

You just click the 'choose files' option at the bottom left of the reply box and select the picture file you want to upload.  Then click on the + on the thumbnail to have it show in your post or leave as is for readers to click on to see the full size picture.  Pictures you upload are stored in your gallery and can be used again if needed by clicking on 'Insert other media' on the lower right and selecting 'Insert existing attachment'.

Try to not send huge file sized pics as they take too long to load and I have no idea how much server space we have.  I resize mine to 3" wide at 300dpi and get very sharp photos with file size around 500-800kb.  Most phones now at high resolution can be as big as 10MB which is a total waste of bandwidth.  Turning down the resolution in the phone settings makes for smaller file sizes but still clear pics at something like 1200x800 or even smaller.  I use a 20mp digicam at high rez then put them on my computer to crop and resize before uploading.

We used to have to put pics on Photobucket or another image server then link to the pics which was a real PITA and when people lost those accounts all their pics would disappear from the forums.  After I became Admin I went into the site settings and changed it so we can directly upload now but I have no clue how long we can do that or how much space there is on the server.  We have virtually no contact with the webmaster or the owners, Marc and Jodie Emery, so it's fingers crossed and carry on.

If you use a phone for your pics make sure the location feature is turned off so your location is not embedded in the EXIF file in your photos.  Many digicams include locations too so be aware.  I've never heard of anyone on any forum being busted from info like that but being as paranoid as I am, and drug bust free after 50 years, I try to cover all the bases.  Rippers are more of a concern than the cops IMHO.

Be safe out there!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LabRat said:

If you use a phone for your pics make sure the location feature is turned off so your location is not embedded in the EXIF file in your photos.  Many digicams include locations too so be aware.  I've never heard of anyone on any forum being busted from info like that but being as paranoid as I am, and drug bust free after 50 years, I try to cover all the bases.  Rippers are more of a concern than the cops IMHO. 

Happy Thanksgiving Lab Rat! Gobble Gobble! That’s very cool info you posted! Now I can show my basement pics! Like I said before, I’m too paranoid to show my green house, mine shaft pics, but my basement experimental grow I feel safe posting. What I’m really thanking you for is reminding me to turn off zee location feature! I never even knew about that! Of course, I know very little about phones and computers. And don’t worry, I’m not like some people we know who post dozens of blurry pictures at a time!

Someone, I think it was Shadey who wanted to see pics of my greenhouses and mine shaft operation. He’s probably a cop! JUST JOKING SHADEY! YOU’RE COOL! I guess zee word, “cop” is considered a swear word here like it is at my place! I wished I could show them, but these two places are our bread and butter so I’d never take zee risk. Besides, our greenhouses look just like any pics of big honkin greenhouses with beautiful marijuana growing inside. Our old mine drift has been going now for several years and we’ve got it so fixed up, you’d never know it was huge tunnel drilled into zee side of a Rocky mountain. Hell I don’t even know zee name of zee mountain we’re sitting under. But I bet zee cops do! Zee only thing I’d like to brag about there in my pics would be shots of the way I’ve rigged zee ventilation system. When I was gold mining in Red Lake Ontario, one of my jobs was setting up new venting in zee new drifts. I just stayed on that as long as it took for me to learn how to do it. Too hard on zee neck! And there was way more money in drilling and blasting! In zee winter we suck cold fresh air in with a big old mining fan in a main floor vent line with ports every 10 feet so everybody gets nice fresh air and push old air out, exhausting it along zee ceiling and out zee main entrance way which is closed right off so cops and varmints don’t wonder in! I’d go into how we warm zee place up in winter and cool it in zee summer, but that shit’s too technical and boring for me to type all out. Speaking of boring, its a beautiful fall day out here in BC, partly cloudy but looking more sunny than anything, so we’re getting out, saddling up all our horses and going moose hunting!

Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 1

On 10/7/2018 at 12:14 PM, mjMikey said:

Nice job Beach Bum—on all counts. You inspired me to ask you how you posted all your great pics. I love the trellis you built! I have a little experimental grow in my basement and would like to show you my pictures. I too am using an LED. But after only 6 weeks, my OG-Kush plants were massive and more than 5 times the size of your plants when they were that old. My light is called an “Electric Sky 300” and it blew me away when I started using it. It’s so powerful like yours I had to start it 4ft above my canopy. That’s what its instructions said and I’m glad I listened! It doesn’t have the ability to turn parts of the diodes off. So what I’m suggesting is that your growth was so slow because instead of just raising your lights at full strength, way higher than you’re accustomed to, you turned parts of zee light out. Did your instructions tell you to do that? Or was that tent forcing you?

Grow_Wizzard taught me a cool new way to clone, but I was so busy with my regular grow operation, I didn’t have time to try it yet. So I made cuttings a few days ago, the way I’m used to doing it before putting the mothers into flower. I’ll do that tomorrow on their 7th week birthday cause they’re already over 3ft tall! I know this strain will stretch lots all zee way through flowering. When I do I’ll move them into the flowering room and continue with a regular HPS flower Hortilux lamp which these OG’s love.

I only do clones in my basement grow and all our regular 5000 plants are started from seed. I took the clones when the mothers were still in veg like I’m supposed to do and always done. I was hesitant to try what Grow_Wizzard suggested, which was take zee clones a couple weeks after flowering. I’ll have to ask him about that later. So when I move zee mothers tomorrow, my ES 300 will be super high up over my dome at around 5ft.

I see Shadey said your plants look a little burned. My giant mothers are rich beautiful emerald green so I don’t wanna burn their babies. I know faded green yellowing leaves are a sign of too much light, and your plants are looking good now after you brought them back, but try turning you LED on full blast at a much higher height and see if they still burn. Maybe you can’t cause you’re using a tent. My veg room has lower ceiling than my flower and my flower room ceiling is 12ft high and that’s why its my flower room cause those OG’s love to stretch. By zee end of flower they’re a good 7ft. With giant 12” cola’s—which I hear is freakish for that strain! That’s the sativa in them. Zee other part of the strain is indica and when they’re in veg, that part makes them big and bushy with fatter, broader leaves.

Hey man thanks for the info! Yes I did have slow growth in the beginning due the the LED being to powerful. I later found out that I needed to disconnect a few of the LED bars and had to raise the LED about 26-28 inches above the canopy. Those adjustments made a huge difference and the clones are starting to take off! Hope everything is going great in your basement grow as well!

• Like 1

Here we have the beginning of week 7 of veg and the Lemon Kush are thriving under the LED. They have well passed the canopy and I’m realizing that this strain and a tendency to grow straight up rather than bush out. So I’m weaving them as best I can through the trellis but might have to do some super cropping.

IMG_1500.thumb.jpg.f16ed6405fccc70a85070873a27fe365.jpg

We are reaching the end of week 7 coming up to week 8 of veg and I ended up doing some supper cropping and it was a great success. The first picture was taking right after I supper cropped them and the others were taken the next day. The Lemon Kush bounced back quick and I finally got that even canopy I was going for.

IMG_1517.thumb.jpg.ee449eec26987bfc969fc2f26aa95001.jpg

IMG_1518.thumb.jpg.0b78e489356adfbea73e2ca9b64708b1.jpg

IMG_1521.thumb.jpg.cec036c172c610546edb21e73088a9fe.jpg

• Like 1

I have now entered Week 1 of Flower and the Lemon Kush stretched quick and were always reaching for the light. I have the Majestic12 LED about 12 to 14 inches above the canopy of the plants and I'm able to keep the temperature in the tent around 78 degrees. 

The first picture is the day I flipped the light cycle from 18/6 to 12/12 to induce flowering. The Lemon Kush clones were somewhat perking up to the light and the second picture was taken the very next day. The other photos were taken through the first week of flower.

IMG_1589.thumb.jpg.55d8ec220cf5ce5c566d16fe6afb7310.jpg

IMG_1602.thumb.jpg.39b50f7e13bdc9e026881e5549abefa6.jpg

IMG_1616.thumb.jpg.f24ef581f4deced13400d9c8a9a76c60.jpg

IMG_1625.thumb.jpg.1a703bc54e6c626952512a44402d9b7d.jpg

• Like 1

Are you not going to keep tucking those tops under your wire?

I keep tucking under until the second week of flowering.

• Like 1

I agree with the two previous posts. How much more will you be able to raise the lights? If you do not tuck, you may run out of height as these plants have some serious growing to do now.

On 10/14/2018 at 5:07 PM, BeachBums Grow said:

Here we have the beginning of week 7 of veg and the Lemon Kush are thriving under the LED. They have well passed the canopy and I’m realizing that this strain and a tendency to grow straight up rather than bush out. So I’m weaving them as best I can through the trellis but might have to do some super cropping.

Hey BeachBums Grow! Those sure are some nice plants you got, but...

Before I commented on your impressive trellis and I'm still impressed by that.  Now I'm wondering why you even built it cause at week seven, while your plants are looking beautiful they're incredibly SHORT after that much time. Is that the strain? After week 7 the OG Kush plants I started from seed in my experimental grow room were 3 FEET TALL already! You're impressed with your light, but I say you bought zee wrong light! My plants shot up so fast because of my new light. With my regular 600watt MH I used before my new light, the Electric Sky 300, my OG's were about the same size as yours. After switching to my new Electric Sky LED300 my seed sprouts shot up to 3 feet in SIX WEEKS! I couldn't fucking believe it! I had to move them into my experimental flower room with 12/12 light schedule.

But check this: in my experimental basement flower room my lights are conventional HPS flower lights, but after their start with my new ES300, they still kept growing with amazing speed and after 3wks of flower, they now have flowers the size of cotton balls and they still have 7 weeks to go! And even though they continued to stretch they had massive stalks and DIDN'T NEED NO TRELLIS TO KEEP THEM UP! Zee stalks are bigger than zee size of my thumb! But I bet they'll be ready sooner than that zee way they're going now! I chalk that up to my new ES300 when my plants were still under it for veg. That's because my new light not only stimulated amazing veg grow but amazing root development as well. I can't wait to test my theory after harvest when pull the roots out of zee dirt and rinse to visually inspect them! Zee new root growth has triggered major flowers even without my new super light! This damn light is zee only second thing I've ever bought that really impressed me and blew my mind. The first thing to blow my mind by how good it worked was the new auto trimmer I got a while ago for my main operation. That sucker impressed us so much because it was just as fast and a perfect trim as all zee much more expensive bladed trimmers we tried before it. It's called a Tom's Tumble Trimmer and its so amazing, now we got five!

So zee moral of this story is that IT PAYS TO EXPERIMENT, trying out a new product by comparing it to zee old one you used before you got zee similar new one! After my new Electric Sky I would never switch to another light unless it could claim to do better--then I'd buy one and COMPARE! Your over-priced "Majestic 12 LED" is junky I'm sorry to say--just from your pictures compared to mine . So sell it on e-Bay after your harvest and get a GOOD light for your money! ...and compare!

This is the start of week 2 of Flower for the Lemon Kush clones grown under the Majestic12 LED. During this week, the Lemon Kush stretched quick forward the LED and I was continuously raising the light to keep it 12 to 14 inches above the canopy. At the end of the second week of flower, I added a second trellis to provide support and to help with light penetration. 

IMG_1656.thumb.jpg.df475ac17576e681bdbcde69fbc4c40c.jpg

IMG_1657.thumb.jpg.313b47930d9e8ac50d08005aa261b6a0.jpg

IMG_1658.thumb.jpg.5d6d033ef42205f70c89a664f5794227.jpg

IMG_1693.thumb.jpg.46e71950e9b2d5ec7b03be970f1004d0.jpg

• Like 1

We are now entering week 3 of flower and the Lemon Kush have stopped stretching. I did one last defoliation where I removed the lower fan leaves that didn't reach past the second trellis and any leaves covering some of the bigger nugs. Everything is running smoothly, and the plants are growing strong under the Majestic12 LED. I have the LED 12-14 inches above the canopy and it has the Lemon Kush praying to the light. IMG_1806.thumb.jpg.1452e138d3f837b76d61587a15db1365.jpg

IMG_1822.thumb.jpg.2208f17f97a547d18e6b365c821a6610.jpg

• Like 1

This is the start of week 4 of flower for the Lemon Kush grown under the Majestic12 LED. During this week, I noticed the buds getting larger in size. I don't really have to do anything to the Lemon Kush anymore, just make sure they are watered every other day and keep the temperature and humidity under control. During this week, I also noticed that some of the leaves surrounding the buds were turning slightly purple on the tips of the leaves. Looks great to me!

IMG_1837.thumb.jpg.142360c99f4906c04a618af351703869.jpg

IMG_1839.thumb.jpg.6700a74180d73ad0644c5c6351c08e1d.jpg

IMG_1843.thumb.jpg.31214a3f9c8ab71486e07f8704f74435.jpg

• Like 1