Hello everyone..

I have 1 plant growing outside (white Cookies) and it is almost 6 feet tall. I started growing it from a seed inside by the window for 1 month, until I transplanted her outdoors.

Now, the plant is almost 6 feet tall, but the top 2-3 feet look VERY THIN (thin fan leaves, branches not growing out more than a foot). My other 3 plants (green crack) are shorter (2-3 ft) but stocky (large fan leaves, branches growing out).

The large plant looks healthy; no spots, lush green colour.

I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this before?

Do I have anything to worry about, or will it fill in when the plant starts getting more darkness than light.

I give them (all 4) nutrients with 3-1-1 nitrogen..

Any insight is appreciated.

The white cookies is 2nd generation, so I want her to be healthy and keep growing this strain.

Thanks, 

-AGT

• Like 1

Are they in trhe ground or pots?

The difference between the 2 strains is why its not like the green crack, may have more sativa in it, they can go spindly looking, so dont worry just let it do its thing.

You may want to switch out your nutes in a couple of weeks to one with higher p and K  something like 3.7.5. Or half the nitrogen to the phosphorous and potassium so like a 1.2.2 or 2,4,4 the higher the amounts the less you need to add. Your plants will need these for flowering, too higher amounts of nitrogen inhibit bud sites and bud growth, add some unsulphured molasses as well, about a table spoon per gal of water. it will boost your micro bacteria and increase bud size.

If your going to take clones, do it before the plant goes into flower or you will have to re veg them, and that's very stressful for a plant, and can cause problems.

• Like 1

Sounds to me like you should maybe cut the plant back now while it's still vegging.  Good source for clones tho the lower branches are generally better for that.  If you need to keep the plant hidden then shorter would be better.

Sounds like the sativa side is showing so may get a lot taller when it starts to flower or may be ready to do that now depending on where you live.  I'm way up north in Alberta and we still have almost 20 hours of light with at least 16 hours of sunlight on the garden so pot plants wouldn't even start flowering yet.  Quite different than more southern latitudes.

• Like 1

It's in a pot, so that's its moveable. I don't want clones because I can't maintain a good environment during the winter. I will be putting more N and K in the next couple of weeks. I don't want to cut off the top, and put it in shock. I'm probably just freaking out because it's thinner, but I'm sure it'll bud well. I may just have to tie it up. I was freaking out 3 months ago about them being rootbound, and now it's huge. (Thanks for the info LabRat) ill definitely post in 30-45 days when the buds start filling in. Thanks for the quick response all! -AGT

• Like 2

If you're not taking clones are you going to get her pregnant, and make lots of seeds?

• Like 1

On 7/30/2018 at 12:41 PM, averageGREENthumb said:

The white cookies is 2nd generation, so I want her to be healthy and keep growing this strain.

On 7/30/2018 at 3:18 PM, averageGREENthumb said:

I don't want clones because I can't maintain a good environment during the winter.

On 7/30/2018 at 4:18 PM, Shadey said:

If you're not taking clones are you going to get her pregnant, and make lots of seeds?

How do you plan to keep growing this strain... or do you have more seeds already?

• Like 1

Ok. so the White Cookies is like 7 feet tall, budding nicely, but its very skinny (not bushy). I noticed like 3 weeks ago that there were like 7 seeds. There hasn't been any seeds since, so I dont think its a full hermie. Like I said, buds are looking nice (Especially the top Kola; 18"). Anyways these seeds are going to be 3rd gen, WC for next year; and hopefully theyre not male.   

The other 3 Green Crack are like 3-4 ft tall, and bushy, but starting to bud very nicely. I'm hoping they fatten up in the next 3-4 weeks and start getting really thick.

So far, everything has looked good. Glad I didnt cut the WC down when I saw the seeds.

PS. I gave my buddy the other WC when it was small, and it turned out to be 100% male. Very happy I gave him the male, and not the tall budding one I have now!

**lucked out**

• Like 1

With 3-4 weeks they will get much bigger if the food is available for them.

You will find out if it's a hermi seed for sure, when you flower those seeds ;)