blue skies

stove top stuffing conspiracy

i read a thread on another site that asked a simple question. 

- who made stove top stuffing? 

the person who posted this remembers stouffers making the box stuffing. 

i remember it too.  but according to google stouffers never made stove top stuffing....... ever!

i decided to test this one. i began by asking co-workers. all eight people remember stouffers too. i asked my girlfriend. she remembers stouffers too. i asked 10 people in all. and everyone of them remember stouffers making the stuffing.  

i find it weird that all of us, remember the same thing, and it's wrong. 

what do you remember? i can link the thread here if that helps. 

• Like 1

That's the brand name I remember from commercials.  Never ate it tho.  Full of all sorts of nasty chemicals.  My mom still makes the best stuffing and she'll be 91 next month!

Scored some marked down KD at the store today.  Stopped eating that years ago when I started paying attention to what was in the processed food-like products I was consuming.  Now they use real cheese with natural flavours and colourings so I'll keep a few boxes in the cupboard.  Got 2 whole wheat and 2 cheese and tomato for $1 each.  When I was a young starving hippy I lived on that crap because it was great for the munchies and 5 for a dollar.  Now that I'm an old starving hippy I have to pay 5x as much but still a good deal for a full belly. :)

2 hours ago, blue skies said:

i decided to test this one. i began by asking co-workers. all eight people remember stouffers too. i asked my girlfriend. she remembers stouffers too. i asked 10 people in all. and everyone of them remember stouffers making the stuffing.  

Assuming the current information isn't wrong somehow, you all might be experiencing the Mandela Effect.  A collective false memory, basically.  I find such things exceedingly spooky, says a lot about how memes propagate and how memory formation and recall works... in some senses our existence is very ephemeral...  heh, anyway, factoid here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_memory#Commonly_held_false_memories

Is Stove Top  a major brand?  I can see the phonemes "stove top stuffing" becoming "stouffers" somehow over the decades, maybe.

Curiously "stouffer's stuffing" is a common Google search term, start typing it and it autocompletes... search for it and this came up, close but not exactly what we're talking about, right?

may2016_rdbx_trkystuff_248g_3d.png

• Like 1

Junk is still junk and I wouldn't eat it with your mouth! :D

16 hours ago, spectralmagic said:

Assuming the current information isn't wrong somehow, you all might be experiencing the Mandela Effect.  A collective false memory, basically.  I find such things exceedingly spooky, says a lot about how memes propagate and how memory formation and recall works... in some senses our existence is very ephemeral...  heh, anyway, factoid here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_memory#Commonly_held_false_memories

Is Stove Top  a major brand?  I can see the phonemes "stove top stuffing" becoming "stouffers" somehow over the decades, maybe.

i was going to mention the mandela effect, but didn't want to scare people away. 

link to the thread that got me thinking:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1213306/pg1