This plant was started about May 1st, it is 15 inches tall and fairly good growth around stem. ,not bushy. Had 2 weeks of very high humidity and 90s for temp. What am I doing wrong ?  Plant is in a 6 or7 gallon pot with drainage holes. Maybe not enough nitrogen ?  HELP PLEASE

IMG_20180710_172024071.jpg

• Like 1

The plants are flowering so won't likely get much bigger except for the buds.  Are they autos?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LabRat said:

The plants are flowering so won't likely get much bigger except for the buds.  Are they autos?

Yes they are. is the plant to small to be any good ?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hutchb said:

Yes they are. is the plant to small to be any good ?

You will get some off of it so don't chuck it out. Could turn into one giant cola, you will have to wait and see. If you have any more auto seeds I would hatch some now while the weather is good and we still have reasonably long days.

Why do you have a big lump of plywood leaning against it?

Hutchb, the  more hours of direct sunlight the longer it will take to flower, this plant is already flowering, so just keep doing what you are doing until it matures. Get a scope to look at the trichomes to know how mature the plant is, looks don't tell maturity of the trichomes...Peace

• Like 2

I want to thank you Guys for your input on this matter, I really appreciate the help !!!!  The plywood was to shade the plants for part of the day. It was really hot here in Massachusetts, in the 90s for about 2 weeks and really humid. I'LL be going through these Forums from now on to try and be a better grower. Looks like I have a long road ahead !!!!!!! THANK YOU

• Like 3

The plant should be good in that heat outside, you can remove the plywood give it more light. Wizard is growing in California, with temps in the 100's.

• Like 3

HI , i am using about two shovels full of soil from my garden, a shovel full of compost, shovel full of vermiculite & perlite and a small amount of peat moss. I am also thinking of cloning one of the plants and going with a pure straight potting soil and try that out. i had moved one of the plants out to the garden a few weeks ago and it has none of the problems the others do except slow growth.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, hutchb said:

I am also thinking of cloning one of the plants

You cant clone an auto, well you could try but it will be at the same state of flowering as its mother and you cant re veg it as its programmed to flower straight out of the ground in 50-60 days.

With a home built soil mix it usually takes 1-2 months of sitting about, before the bacteria get active enough to feed the plant. You would be better going with an organic ready to go, just add water soil. Or add some liquid ferts in your water at first, you can make teas up to do this, or buy dry organic ferts and add to the mix, and top dress the soil later if needed, so every time you water they get some. Sounds like there is not enough food for it, if its struggling to grow. Potting soil is usually low in nutrients to avoid burning seedlings up, so you would definitely need to feed if you are growing in that. You may have your soil PH off, if there was no dolomitic limestone in your mix, there is no PH buffering to stop nutrient lockout depending on your water PH. 

If you can get Promix organic for vegetables and herb, that is a good starter soil for vegging, and cheap, and then you can boost your P and K up before you start to flower, but with autos you may not need to, as there should be enough food in it for 2-3 months depending on the size of your pot.

Thanks Shadey  i'm going this morning to get a good organic fertilizer, I may have to hire you for my own personal garden Master !!!

• Like 1

I know the basics, but I am far from being a master, more closer to being a master of disaster lol