MarcoE

Brand new to this world!

Hi everyone! I'm a total newbie and want to try marijuana, partly recreationally but also to help with anxiety. I don't know where to start. What is the best place in Toronto to buy it? I googled, and I found dozens of online and offline stores, selling hundreds of products between them, and feel overwhelmed with all the options! What is the best online store to use, and the best weed for a newbie? :)

• Like 1

High MarcoE and welcome to CC.

I can't tell you squat about dispensaries or online stores but can help with choosing what kind of pot to use when you're new at it and don't want worse anxiety.

Stay away from strong sativa dominant strains.  Descriptions like high-soaring, psychedelic, cerebral types of high should be avoided as they can bring on anxiety attacks.  You want more of an indica type buzz.  Laid-back, relaxing, couch lock etc are signs of an easy going buzz.  Most are hybrids so you'll get some of both worlds from those.

Getting something with CBD is also a good option.  The CBD moderates the high so you don't get as big of spikes like you would if the pot was not as advertised and made you anxious.  I really like hi-CBD in edibles for my arthritis.  Lasts almost a full 24 hours when taken the night before and doesn't mess me up the next day tho my morning pain is greatly reduced.

I like some sativa for my depression using small, single hits in a little pipe.  A bit too much and I can have a mild anxiety attack with heart palpitations for the first 15 min or so and I don't much like that.  Once it's over it's smooth sailing tho. :)

One or two of the guys here use online pot shops so I'll keep an eye out and ask them.

• Like 2

If you suffer from anxiety a high CBD low THC will work wonders, I use it in an oil base and it totally rids me of any anxiety. Great for sleep as well as pain and inflammation reduction.

• Like 1

Thanks. Sounds like I need high CBD indica, which can help with my anxiety. 

What is the best way to consume it? Joints? Bongs? Edibles? Vape? Any recommendation for a newbie?

• Like 2

I use oil infused with CBD 3 times a day orally, for a base, and then use a pipe or vape before bed time as the oil doesn't make me sleepy like inhaling it does. You waste 80% burning and vaping it, so edibles and oil infusion is the most economic way to get the most bang for your buck. If your rich and can afford to burn/vape then go with that lol. Vaping gives you a better taste, and I think a better high, but I prefer the feeling of a wooden pipe in my hand rather than a lump of plastic.

Thanks for the tips, everyone. Any advice on where to find a place to buy? Do I look online? Buy from physical stores? Any tips on how to find a source?

• Like 1

I have never bought from either, a guy on here who buys online a lot said to set up a Reddit account and google mom's list it will bring up a list of all the trusted sites. 99 percent of people on here grow their own, so you are not going to get much help on who to buy from. Personally I would prefer to see what I am buying before hand, so  a dispensary would be my option.

@MarcoEBurning from a bong or pipe always activates more chemicals than a vape. I consider bongs to be much more full bodied, but definitely harder on the lungs.

• Like 1