reefersquad

Greetings CC Community From ReeferSquad

Hello everyone. My names Kevin and I'm 23 years old. I'm from Wasilla, Alaska, and owner of www.reefersquad.com 

We're a social media network for both medical and recreational marijuana users to connect and share their love for marijuana. I just wanted to introduce myself. Hope everyone is doing well.

• Like 2

Hi reefer squad, welcome to CC, your almost Canadian hiding up there in the corner lol.

What's the challenges for growing up there compared to the lower states apart from the obvious freezing cold weather?

• Like 2

Thank you Shadey! And lol. I know! I just moved back to Alaska from Washington. I missed AK. And to be honest, I actually am about 1 month in to my first grow. We're able to grow 6 plants at a time here, but due to extremely limited space, I'm only growing 2 with a 60 watt Full Spectrum LED in my closet lol 🙄 Im going to expand after this grow and get a tent and do it right. Most people have setups to grow indoors. I have had a couple friends that have done it with good success outdoors in the summer. Its always sunny here in the summer. The sun rose at 4:00 am here today and is suppose to set at 11:45 pm. It never sets fully though until like August. The temperature in the summer is 60 degrees to 80 degrees. The constant light wind makes the stems and leaves stronger. It is definitely possible to grow outdoors in the summer here :) 

• Like 2

Wow I would not have thought it possible outdoors. Actually sounds not bad for vegging, the hard bit is getting the flowering to finish before the frost's start.

You need to get a good flowering room set up, then veg outside for summer, then bring them in for flowering. Where you can control the environment better.

Put them outside in pots and start the first 2 then another 2 a month later, then another 2 a month after that bye then your first 2 will be ready to flower, once they are harvested bring in the next 2 and start another 2, rinse and repeat lol. Bye then you will know what you are doing and be ready to upgrade your gear and know exactly what you need. A 60w light is a bit on the small side you can boost your lights with household LED,s get a couple of 100w equivalents pull off the plastic diffuser and you have an instant Cobb light. 6000k or 6500k is better for veg and 2700k or 3000k for flowering, your full spec light will fill the gaps. Use them in a couple of clip on bendy desk lights.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, reefersquad said:

Thank you Shadey! And lol. I know! I just moved back to Alaska from Washington. I missed AK. And to be honest, I actually am about 1 month in to my first grow. We're able to grow 6 plants at a time here, but due to extremely limited space, I'm only growing 2 with a 60 watt Full Spectrum LED in my closet lol 🙄 Im going to expand after this grow and get a tent and do it right. Most people have setups to grow indoors. I have had a couple friends that have done it with good success outdoors in the summer. Its always sunny here in the summer. The sun rose at 4:00 am here today and is suppose to set at 11:45 pm. It never sets fully though until like August. The temperature in the summer is 60 degrees to 80 degrees. The constant light wind makes the stems and leaves stronger. It is definitely possible to grow outdoors in the summer here :) 

High Reefer and welcome to CC!

I live pretty far north in Alberta and can't get regular plants to flower in time outdoors before frost hits.  They don't even begin to flower until about the middle of August and then we sometimes get frost by the end of August.  I live right on a provincial highway with Joe Farmer running his tractor 80 ft from my back door looking into my yard as well.

Auto flowering plants would probably work OK but just never got around to trying them.  I prefer indoors but have mites like crazy atm so may be chopping all my plants early and disinfecting the grow room.  Have plants vegging upstairs in a spare bedroom that have mites too but can spray the hell out of them and clean that up.  The others are flowering and at 51 days now and got a bit more seeded than I wanted when I pollinated a lower branch on all 7 with pollen from a male BlueBerry.  So getting BB x BB, BB x AK47, BB x Critical Mass and BB x OG#18.  Only have females from the 3 strains other than the BB so couldn't make any pure crosses with them.

Mostly getting into CBD strains now and have some stuff going on there in the veg room.

Almost got a job at the mine near Hyder Alaska 30 years ago.  Got Hyderized at the Glacier Inn while there too.  Went up to Stewart, BC for the last interview but they gave the job to the other guy.   I would have loved living up there.   Took fishing tackle with me and got some nice salmon fishing in a river near Terrace for a day and night.  Wore my arm out landing the big ones. :)

So I hear Wasilla is where a guy finds all the easy girls.  Must visit sometimes as there ain't any here in Bumf**k, AB. perv.gif

peace.gif

• Like 2

Hey, thanks LabRat! I'm sorry to hear about the mites! I'm hoping that doesn't happen to me on my first grow. That would be awful. Haha. I hope you can get it under control. I have clones right now but I want to try to grow some autoflower plants next. I've heard pretty good things about it. I'm sorry you never got the job. It is absolutely amazing here in my opinion. If you like the outdoors and 360 degree mountain views, its pretty awesome. Haha. As far as girls being easy, you heard correct. Lol. Gotta be careful though if you know what i mean 🤣🙄😷

• Like 2

I got the mites from some free plants a buddy gave me.  I knew they were there so it's my own damn fault for not working hard at spraying every 3 days until I'd got rid of them for sure.  I have chronic depression and when it's bad, most of the winter, I just can't bring myself to take care of my plants or any other stuff around the house properly.

Just be careful about your grow room.  Don't go in there if you've been running around outside in the grass until you've changed your clothes and preferably bathed and washed your hair.  No pets in the grow room either as they can track bugs in easy.  Cheesecloth filters on your air intakes keeps a lot of bugs out as well.  Lot more than mites like a cosy room to munch plants in without fear of natural predators attacking them.  Moving plants from outside to indoors is a good way to bring bugs in too so watch out for that.

Need some grow books?

I found a great spot to download FREE POT BOOKS. I downloaded a grow bible first and got lots more.  Books look great and complete like the real ones I have here.  No web site but just a page of links. Just right click on what you want and then "Save Link As" to download so they don't open first as some are 50+ megs. They got lots.  Enjoy.

• Like 1

Hello, my colleges, are you also a great fan of John Deere tractors like me? Then I guess you are definitely in need of John Deere parts from time to time. I personally buy parts from this site because they are very strong and durable in comparison to others.