If you're talking about a cheap pH probe with one or two metal rods to stick in the soil they aren't very accurate.  I certainly wouldn't count on one.  I have an old one that does pH. light and moisture.  Not too good at moisture, pH was way off compared to the pH pen but the light meter is useful to check light intensity around the plants.

When you water do you soak the whole pot well or just add a measured amount?  Should be soaking it well then allowing to get vert light before soaking again.

I'm trying to figure out those nutes so then can maybe help you there.  And that soil is fairly rich when new isn't it?  Like it has lots of good stuff in it to grow plants well on it's own at first?

Just looking at their feed chart it looks like it's more for feeding in a hydro setup but I just started looking at it.  Want to look at each type of nute you have and what's actually in them first.

The BioBoost just says tropical forest voodoo stuff but nothing about what any of it is.  Supposed to boost flowering so you want to feed some of that even a week before you flip to flower to give them a head start.

The others are the same so can't tell anything about what's actually there.

They say to feed the Vega only for the first two weeks of flower but I'd split the amount of Vega in half and use the Flora for the other half along with a good dose of the Boost and Rhizo.  During the stretch the plant is growing like never before and needs lots of everything to do it's best and set more flower sites which equate to more buds.  If you didn't already have the Boost I'd say to get some BiG Bud.  They make an organic version of it now too but I think you can only get it in the states as of a year ago.  I love Big Bud and have used it since it was invented.  Be interesting to see how it works compared to the Boost.

Use both modes on that LED light for sure.  Extra light is always good to a point especially during the stretch.  The extra blue light supports the rapid growth spurt.   With extra nutes the plants need extra light to process them and if you have CO2 that's the time to use that too. :)

They're looking pretty good now so fingers crossed for a good crop!

image.gif

On 8/14/2018 at 3:51 PM, Shadey said:

I use 100% sulfur,1 teaspoon sprinkled around the base of the plant in a 5 gal pot, what does the instructions say on the packet for dosage?

what is the other 20%?

I have a few very old cans of Flowers of Sulfur I brought home from the hazardous waste plant I used to work at.  It's just finely ground, lab-grade sulfur.  The Big Bud has lots of S and I give them Epsom Salts too so may not make any difference.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 1:56 PM, ueedlover said:

I found a product called Microthiol Special.  Can you tell me guys how to use  this corectly on my plants please?

That stuff is a fungicide and the missing percent is sodium hydroxide aka caustic soda aka lye!  Do not use it in your soil or you will raise your pH a bunch.  You apply it as a foliar spray to fight molds etc.  May feed the plants sulfur that way too but I don't know for sure.  Stuff like epsom salts disassociate into ions when mixed with water and the plants can absorb those ions thru their leaves but the sulfur is just elemental sulfur so doesn't do that and likely can't be absorbed except for thru the roots.

All set if you ever have powdery mildew or some other fungus show up tho.

I just used some of my cheap potassium silicate to spray for suspected fungal problems.  I'll likely do it again so will add some powdered sulfur to the mix.  Couldn't hurt and may help.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LabRat said:

Do not use it in your soil or you will raise your pH a bunch

Thanks for that info Lab, I need to check my safers sulfur, maybe that's what raised my soil pH on my last grow, and stalled the growth for 2 weeks.

Plants are looking good, the net is definitely full enough now to flip them as they will stretch more.

The use of veg nutes 2 weeks into flower is normal it gives the plant's enough nitrogen to complete the stretch period, then they switch over to requiring a lot more phosphorus and potassium.

I don't know much about using bottle nutrients, so I will have to look at your link to see what it says. Labrat is the expert with these bottled nutes, hopefully he will give more input here for you.

Missed labs previous 3 posts so you are getting some good advice already :)

Hi man, I was just thinking last night you have been a bit quiet lol.

The are looking great, really healthy, looks like you flipped them 2-3 weeks ago. You should get plenty of buds from them.

Just make sure you have air movement above and below, mildew likes darkness and stale air. You could remove the odd big fan leaf on top to help get some air through the cannopy.

How long have they got left?

Great, keep updating the pics bud.

Looks great Ueedlover, you done a good job of that, nice airflow spaces and still got a good canopy to provide growth.

With your next grow, now you know what you are doing a bit more, you could start the scrog earlier and have it full all over the net. You could start the scrog a couple of weeks after topping them, when they are about 8 -10 inches tall, and have the net full 2-3 weeks quicker :)

Hey guys. Back to you again. The girls are looking pretty good, except one thing that kinda' scares me a little. See those little white stigmas on the buds? Some of them, not many, are starting to get a brownish color. Should I be worried? I had a little bit of trouble with the humidity, three nights ago going to 72% then in the morning dropped to 40%, and last night dropped to 34% and now back to 42%.. I also think the temperature is a little low. 3 days ago I gave them 11ml of BioFlores + 1.5ml of Rhizotonic + 7ml of BioBoost in 3 liters of water for each plant, first time this compozition. Any advices please? 

P1030289.JPG

P1030290.JPG

P1030292.JPG

P1030293.JPG

P1030294.JPG

P1030295.JPG

P1030296.JPG

P1030297.JPG

P1030299.JPG

P1030300.JPG

P1030301.JPG

P1030302.JPG

P1030303.JPG

P1030304.JPG

P1030305.JPG

• Like 1

No nothing to worry about, it's normal, as they progress through the flowering process, the pistils will all change to brown or amber in color.

Don't worry about the humidity so long as you have good air movement through and around the plant's they will be good.

The drop in temperature is what is causing the humidity to rise, but lower temperature near the end of flowering is good, it stimulates trich and terpene production.

They look great and are definitely stretching now. Just follow the instructions on the nutes, so long as it's lower in nitrogen now and higher on phosphorus and potassium.

Looking very good, so maybe 4 weeks left to go, they should stop stretching soon,  this is the time they start to focus all their energy into fattening up those buds.

Give them some mollases to boost up the bacteria in your soil as well as feed the plant. 1 table spoon a gallon of water.

I think your using some soil ferts, if I remember correctly now, so if they have an equivalent for extra carbs use that instead.

Greetings, my friends :) I come to you again, and again, and again... I think I got some issues.. Let's backup a little. I was using 7 ph water for a long time before I found a 6.33 ph type and started using that one. I switched to 6.33 three weeks ago, and on sunday I put for the first time a small tea spoon of molasses, combined with my other nutes. Today I went to visit and found all these sick leaves. What do you think might be the cause? Tomorrow is bath time for them. Should I put molasses again and change the 6.33 ph water with a higher ph water? My second question is about the big fan leaves. Don't you think there are too many of them? Should I go in trimming mode on them a little? Besides what I just said above, if you have any other advice, it'll be more than welcome. 

P1030390.JPG

P1030391.JPG

P1030404.JPG

P1030406.JPG

P1030407.JPG

P1030409.JPG

P1030415.JPG

P1030416.JPG

P1030420.JPG

P1030423.JPG

P1030424.JPG

P1030429.JPG

P1030438.JPG

P1030439.JPG

P1030440.JPG

• Like 2

Wow Man they are coming on well  😛, getting some great trich development on the leaves and the kolas are staking well. First I would trim off all those little buds under the canopy they are just using up your nutrients and will amount to nothing down there.

The leaf problem looks a bit like nutrient burn but could be just old leaves dying off, now your getting close to harvest time. Leave the molasses this week and give them some more in a week if nothing else develops. What has your humidity been like, if its low it could be causing the plants to uptake more water and nutrients. You dont want any more nitrogen unless in very small amounts cant remember what your feeding them atm. The canopy looks really healthy I don't think you have anything to worry about, how long until they are supposed to be finished?

The humidity has been between 40-47 lately, sometimes 50 thanks to the weather. Right now I am giving them once every 3 or 4 days 3.3 l of water each, with BioFlores, BioRhizotonic and BioBoost (11ml/1.5ml/7ml) and I feed them one time with nutes, one time simple water and so on.. In about 3 weeks they should be done. 

• Like 1

If they have roughly 3 weeks left, I would feed them with a light feed with a drop of molasses at the beggining of the second week, before finish, and then just let them use up the energy in their leaves. Just use water for your flush after that.