Hello guys! What is happening with the plant from the right? It's for the first time when i grow so i want to be sure what is happening here. One week ago i changed the light from 28W fluorescent bulb with Meizhi 300w, and recommended height is 13-30inch, but they grew up and the distance between the plant from right and lamp was 10inch. I want to know what can i do for this little girl. She will be fine? I lifted the lamp at a distance of 30 inches now and sprayed some water on leaves (I hope this will not cause problems).

• Additional info:
  • 27 days from seedling
  • soil: BIOCANNA BIO TERRA PLUS
  • 2 are Gorilla Glue and 1 is Cinderella 99

I don't want to use nutriets for them, from what I understood that soil have all what they need, but i want to be sure about that and hear some expert opinions. Thank you!

20180517_184921.jpg

20180517_185011.jpg

20180517_185041.jpg

20180517_190540.jpg

20180517_190605.jpg

• Like 3

High ueedlover and welcome to CC!

That tallest plant looks like it has nute burn so just give it water only for a while.  If you've been feeding them all the same I'd just give plain water to them too.  Spraying water on it won't help and may hurt.  The light may have been a little too close too making the burning worse.  In fact that may have been the problem rather than the soil.

If you're not adding extra nutrients then that soil is too "hot" for young plants and should have been cut down with something that has little or no nutrients in it.

Your soil looks like it could use some perlite as well to loosen it up so roots can grow easier and also allow more air in to the root zone where oxygen is needed.  Make sure you have something to add to the soil when it's time to transplant to bigger pots.

As long as the tall plant's leaves don't continue to burn as it grows it should be OK.  Sometimes it takes a plant a while to get used to high nute levels then they grow great.

When watering you should let the pots dry out until pretty light then soak them good.  Pot likes a wet/dry cycle to allow air to get in to the roots.  Keeping it wet all the time can lead to root rot and you don't want that.

Check out some of the grow books in this link.  Lots of good stuff.

I found a great spot to download FREE POT BOOKS. I downloaded a grow bible first and got lots more.  Books look great and complete like the real ones I have here.  No web site but just a page of links. Just right click on what you want and then "Save Link As" to download so they don't open first as some are 50+ megs. They got lots.  Enjoy.

peace.gif

• Like 3

I burned the leaves on a couple of my mother plants the other week, it looks similar to nute burn, but with mine the leaves curled and rolled up trying to get more distance from the light. They were also very dry and extra crispy lol.

Nute burn doesn't tend to make things crispy like heat or light burn at first. I also have the same problem with a bit of nute burn on my plants, as I changed my soil and its a little warm for them, Promix HP is a good medium to add to a hot soil as its got nothing added except perlite and has better drainage.

When I saw that middle plant in the bottom pic, I thought, WTF type of plant is that lol. Then I realized you had a tree branch stuck in front of it supporting the stem lol. Be careful you don't introduce pests into your grow room, with organic things from outside.

Depending on how long you vege them will determine if you need to add anything else to the soil for food. It usually says on the bag or the web site how long you can go for in certain size pots. I have found I need to add extra P and K half way through flowering with the J A W soil I was using.

• Like 4

Thanks guys! I didn't use any nutrients on them. Only soil and water. Should i need to feed them? I want to grow organic, no chemicals or pesticides.  With what and when should i feed them?

• Like 2

Just because you are not feeding them doesn't mean they have no nutrients. The soil is pre loaded with organic nutrients what you need to do is activate the bacteria in the soil. When you grow organically you feed the bacteria in the soil, the plant produces sugar's that also feeds the bacteria, that produce the nutrients the plant's want, at the time they need it, provided it's available for the bacteria to break down.

You probably will not need anymore nitrogen atm depending on veg time. You may need extra phosphorus P and potassium K in a ratio which would normally be around 2 to 1 P to K.

Depending on what is already available in your soil. Maybe half way through flowering you might want to add some. Again there are other things that will affect that, like temperatures and especially humidity. Low humidity and high heat affects the amount of water they will use because they are transpiring more which means they will use a lot more potassium as that regulates how they use water same with human's.

I would start reading up on the basics for organic growing, it's a bit more involved than other ways but more fun as you get to tinker with different tea recipes to feed the bacteria. I would say get some organic unsulphered molasses, add small amounts to your teas, it boosts bacteria. Read up on it first though to get the right idea.

I  grow organically and have a grow file going, so you can check that out, there are a few tea recipes in the organic growing section as well.

When I get on my PC I will check out your soil mix and see what it's got in it. ATM just let them be, water them and let them dry out before watering again. Do you have a PH meter for your water? The cheap ones work but don't last long, 4-5 months if you're lucky. Where does your water come from, city, well, bottle?

You probably thought this wasn't going to be this complicated lol.

• Like 1

OK I just checked out your grow medium, looks good I like that it uses stuff that doesn't attract fungus gnats, but I bet you will still get them lol.

Ok for the first 6 weeks in both veg and flower, but they sell nutrients to go with it in case the soil runs low, one for veg and one for flower, if they are selling nutrients you can bet you will need some. It says it has lime in there to keep you water PH balanced, which is good, but you may still want to keep your water PH between 6 and 7, its good practice and helps eliminate lots of questions to possible problems caused by nutrient lockout.

So you will probably need to feed them at some point. Looks like good stuff and sold in Canada for a change lol. How much did you pay for the soil? How much for the nutrients if you know.

I might be interested in trying this stuff out myself if I can get it in Nova Scotia without having to drive 100 clicks.

• Like 1

Well, i knew that will not be so easy to grow your own weed, but i readed a lot of things everyday and it's a little hard to learn everything at beginning. If i didn't posted here I stayed at the impression that this is not nuts burn, and the tallest plant was burn because was to close from light. No i don't have a PH meter. I buy plain water (ph 7.5 or 8.5) because house water has to much chalk and definetly it's not good. I payed for soil 12Euro/25L from internet. I should have started seedlings with coco right? I don't have any nutrients, but price for 1L is 20 dollars. Here's the products: http://www.canna-uk.com/biocanna_products and i buyed from here: http://www.indoorgardens.ro/nutrienti-stimulatori/nutrienti-organici-pamant/biocanna

You are a genius! I owe you!

When do you think it's time for the next transplant? Also do you think Meizhi 300w it's enough for 3 plants? When to scrog also?

• Like 1

12 euros for the soil,  that's 18$ca $36 for a normal size bag here, nearly as expensive as Sohum soil. If you are growing multiple plants in that soil it's going to get expensive.

How big is your growing space and height?.

How big do you want them to grow?

Depending on these things you will need different sizes of pots. 24 liters is only a 5 gal pot. 1 plant.

Have you got 3 bag's of soil or just the one?

When the bottom of the pot has roots around it, it's time to re pot.

What sort of pot are you thinking of using?

You can start to scrog at anytime really, but for myself I did it at about 18 inches.

From the 2 reviews I just saw for your light :( they say you're only getting about 18 inches square of decent light Par at 24 inches high. So I would have to say, no, to the 3 plant's. I would say more suitable for 1. You have 3 plant's, so we will see how well they do out around the edges.

• Like 1

5 gal = 18.9L. I only I only have 10L left, but i will buy another 50L bag. I think it's enough for 3 plants. Should i add to soil vermiculite or perlite? I don't have a already a space  prepared. At this moment i use a small wardrobe tent. But i need to prepare it because i grow them in an apartment.. I need to buy a good tent and carbon filter. I hope I'm not caught by the police or neighbors.. because in Romania you can make 2 up to 7 years of jail..

I don't have already bigger pots. Maybe when they grow up i will buy more lights.  Now i'm  in doubt about location, i think it's not so safe when plants starts to smell.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Yes they will smell, not so much in vege but as soon as they go into flower it will get very stinky, so if you are illegal in an apartment that will probably get you caught once they go into flower. You can get a extraction fan and carbon filter which will neutralize the smell to about 95%, mine never manages to keep it %100 odor free.

If you only have a small space then use smaller pots and have smaller plants. A 5 gal pot will give you a 4-5 ft plant in flower, after they stretch, if you flower at say 1 meter. You could drop down to 10 liter pots you could grow 2-3 ft plants but you will need to water them more often. Remember you will have the soil in the original pot the plant is in. All you are doing is adding more soil around the plant in the bigger pot. For a scrog that would be good with three plants if you start the training at 46cm height and fill a net 60cm square.

I don't know what the weather is like there, but when its hot they smell more. Safety first I think, dont put yourself at risk of a prison sentence, wait until you have the right equipment to do it properly and reduce the smell. An apartment is not a good choice for a grow unless you know the other residents wont call the police. Then you have to find a way to vent the exhaust air outside if possible.

• Like 1

Hello Again Shadey! So the first plant with nute burn has recovered well, but now the little one is in trouble. What is the problem now? Is she dying? :(

IMG_20180605_144922.jpg

IMG_20180605_144938.jpg

IMG_20180605_145028.jpg

IMG_20180605_145101.jpg

IMG_20180605_145154.jpg

IMG_20180605_145545.jpg

IMG_20180605_145606.jpg

IMG_20180605_145721.jpg

• Like 1

Looks to me like heat stress.  That's what usually causes that 'Taco' look.

It's made worse with nute burn or salts buildup from too much nutrients and heat.  The leaves curl up at the edges to dissipate heat better.  All made worse if the humidity is low.

Not fatal unless it continues for quite a while but the leaves generally won't revert back to normal.  It's likely that soil is a bit hot, (rich in nutrients), and with any luck they will get used to it and grow fine after a bit.

This 'plain' water you get, is it reverse osmosis water or distilled water?  If so it has no real pH of it's own and is fine to water the plants with without testing or adjusting it's pH.  Have you checked the ppm of it?  I've bought crappy RO water from a store here that came at 260ppm and it had a high pH because it wasn't pure like the store I get it from now where the ppm is below 10.

peace.gif

• Like 1

Hi Ueedlover, shes not dying but she is not a happy bunny either. Looks like nute burn is that the Cinderella, it may be that strain does not like the soil as hot as the other 2, could be low humidity causing too much nutrient uptake, could be incorrect water PH causing a nutrient lock out, hard to say atm. you said you're giving them a high PH bottle water, I would think that is not helping very much, whats your humidity and temps like, are you doing anything different with that one and not the other 2 ?

Thats a very small space how high does it go, what is the max height you have before the light is to close? When the 2 big ones get to 30 cm tall from the top of the pot, there will be no space for that small one to get light. A 60cm tall plant will fill that whole area up at the canopy. 

If that was my grow, I would be tempted to top them now, and put a scrog net in there. Once they are topped the bottom branches grow much faster, and the main shoot will split into 2 usually. Then just train your branches under the net to cover the surface area and then flip to flower mode, when fully covered. you will get a better yield in that small space and probably be able to flower them in another 2-3 weeks if they dont get any more problems.

Lol Labs posted 10 seconds before me as usual.

The temperature is 24-27°C and humidity i don't know because i don't have a humidity monitor, either a ph meter yet.. but i will look to buy both. I don't know what should i tell you about my bottled water that I get.. It's drinking plain water from store and ph is 7.5. Should i buy water with ph 6 or 6.5? I don't know what is ppm and how can i check, i guess i need a meter also for that. 

So far i have treated them same with no extra nutrients, only water at 4 or 5 days, 18/6 light cicle. That soil is organic, so i don't want to use any nutrients. Yes i know it's a small place, but i build a grow room soon as i get an carbon filter and another bag of soil and some perlite to combine with and afteri will transplant them in the final pot.

When should i start top them? Tomorrow i will take some photos with my dslr camera and i will post here, and i hope that you guys can help me with some advice how to top them corectly because I want to get the best out of them.

btw, can i add more CFL lights with actual LED light? It's ok to use together? Thanks!!

• Like 1

Hi If you can keep your temps around there that's good, you dont want to go anymore than 29 if you can help it. What happens when your water has a high ph, is it stops the plant absorbing certain nutrients. Here's a chart you can save so you can see what we mean. Now your soil being made for growing weed in will have buffers that bring the ph up and down but not enough when its very high.  So usually they make it so that anywhere between 6-7 is ok but when its higher or lower than that you may get nutrient lock out causing deficiencies in your plants which create problems. yes you can add CFLs and LEDs together. Your pics are good you don't need to use another camera, if you have to higher MB size pic they wont upload, try and keep them under 1mb.

coreys_ph_chart.jpg

If you are building something bigger to grow them in thats good. When to top them is really up to you, most top at 5 nodes, but it depends on how you plan to train it.

here is another pic for you. I would just top it at 5 nodes, every set of fan leaves up the stem is a node. I hope that helps you.

toppingvsfimm1.jpg

Well, outside temps here are crazy.. on day are 32°C and 18-20°C  at night but will be 40°C or more very soon.. will be very gard to control the temps without air conditioner. 

So today i ordered:

BIOCANNA Bio Terra Plus 50L

Biocanna BioVega 1L

Biocanna BioFlores 1L

Canna Bio Rhizotonic 1L

Biocanna BioBoost 250ml

Perlit 1L Ø5-6mm x5

Sweet-Pot 19L

Plasmalight V2.0 CFL 4U-85w - E27 - 2700K - Bloom x2 (are these lights good to use for veg period?)

FIM or top? Witch method is better for high yields? I was looking on this forum for DIY grow cabinet plans but i didn't find anything, any recommendations for 3 plants? :D I was looking on ebay at growing tents but are a little bit expensive for me right now because i've already spent more than 300$ with lights and for products listed above, and i will need to spend more for carbon filter, and I need also some suggestions listed here please.

Thanks!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ueedlover said:

FIM or top? Witch method is better for high yields

They are both going to increase yield but fimming when you do it right will produce better yields but its hit and miss when you are new to doing it.

Those lights are for flowering, they wont be much good for veg. They will grow but only slowly and they will stretch a lot.

You need 6500K for veg.

You can build a tent/closet with plywood for the plants be a lot cheaper, your just building a box basically. Make the hole for air out at the top and air in at the bottom, and a hole just big enough for the power chords, for lights and fans these holes will need to be light proofed. put some strips of 5x5 mm wood on top so you have something strong to put hooks in for the lights and carbon filter to hang from.

Just make sure its light proof so no light can get in when they are in flower during the dark period. you are going to need some form of extraction and air cooling if your ambient temps are going to be that high. Otherwise you will be just sucking hot air back into the tent and it wont cool anything down.

Today I transplanted into bigger pots (19L) and I feed them with biocanna Vega and Rhizotonic. First after transplant I give them 1l water and after 2 hours in 2L water I've added 4ml Vega and 8ml Rhizotonic per plant. Do you think that it's ok this feed strategy at 3-4 days? The plants are growing very slowly,and the temps are not good, it's too hot here. Do you think they will fail to grow if will be more than 29 grades? I have a question for you, outdoors growers how can succeed without problems when outside is so hot? 

I don't think I can FIM them because they are so small, I can't cut that head yet I think. What do you suggest to do? Also how many nodes can you see? Because from what I see some of them have already 7 or 8 nodes, or I'm wrong? Also the distance from nodes is so small! 1 or 2cm..

New room space dimensions now have 120cm/60. Do you think it's enough space here? 

Thanks!! 

IMG_20180610_013807.jpg

IMG_20180610_013848.jpg

IMG_20180610_014348.jpg

IMG_20180610_014006.jpg

IMG_20180610_013921.jpg

IMG_20180610_014237.jpg

IMG_20180610_014133.jpg

IMG_20180610_014334.jpg

IMG_20180610_014315.jpg

IMG_20180610_014043.jpg

IMG_20180610_014034.jpg

IMG_20180610_014021.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ueedlover said:

Do you think that it's ok this feed strategy at 3-4 days?

What does the makers recommend you use for their product? Remember your soil has organic nutrients in it so you wont need much if any at all for the first 4 - 6 weeks the info said.

Soil looks good, I would suggest putting them in plastic bowls, my 20 liter pots fit nicely in a washing up bowl. You wont have water leaking through the pot into you grow closet and the neighbors ceiling below, when the water drains out the bottom of the pot :)  Nice work with the grow closet looks great, it will still be a bit small when they spread their branches out.

This is my 120x120 cm tent with 6 x 60-70 cm high plants in. That's what your 3 will look like in your space when they hit 60-70cm high, although with your light it may take them a little longer to get there.

13.jpg

They are looking to be 7- 9 nodes on those plants, the nodes will increase in distance as the plant gets bigger although its good to have tight nodes, as it = bigger denser colas.

58 minutes ago, ueedlover said:

I don't think I can FIM them because they are so small, I can't cut that head yet I think. What do you suggest to do?

There not small, its just your confidence is lacking lol. I top plants half that size and my hands shake like I have Parkinson's disease lol You just have to be gentle and carefully separate the leaves until you get to the center and nip it off with a sharp pair of scissors or scalpel blade. You wont kill the plant even if you mess it up. You can just leave them, and they will develop one single main cola and the rest of the branches will produce smaller buds if they can get enough light. By topping you slow the main stem growth and increase the lower branch growth so they all get a similar amount of light.

1 hour ago, ueedlover said:

Do you think they will fail to grow if will be more than 29 grades? I have a question for you, outdoors growers how can succeed without problems when outside is so hot? 

They will grow but they wont do well in flower with that heat. Outside growers plants, flower in the fall, when the heat is less and the light is more red. You are forcing yours to flower unnaturally by controlling the light cycle in the middle of summer not autumn when it would be a lot cooler. Also they will have established a healthy bacterial presence in the soil and root ball being out side, which helps them deal with disease and heat better, and they are in a huge open area, not a stuffy little box. Outside growers still get problems with heat though, if the plants genetics are not suitable for their situation. Sativa s prefer hotter climates, where your Indicas prefer cooler climates.

You are going to have to do your best, with your situation, and look at it as a learning experience, and hopefully have some bud to smoke at the end.

Are you growing mushrooms as well lol. They are not looking to bad considering the heat. Topping and fimming should slow the main growth now and they will start to bush up now. See it wasn't that hard to do was it.

I'm on the second flush. I like mushrooms more than weed. So bad you can't eat everyday. Yes, it was easy, I hope I can get an air conditioner soon. 

• Like 1