budblac

DESPERATELY Need advice on what do do about the way my plants are growing

I'm a first time grower basically growing natural outdoors. I have 3 plants that are 3 almost 4 weeks old. 2 Pura Vida, and 1 Jack Herer. They seem to be too thin to me with not enough leaves(from what I've seen). And the leaves are folding down it seems. Could anybody help me to understand what the problem may be? I'd REALLY appreciate it..PS my 3 are the 3 that are all about the same height

PART_1526433884236.jpeg

PART_1526433877151.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Budblac, welcome to CC,

Dont panic, they don't look to bad.

What are you growing them in, how much sunlight are they getting, they look like they are in the shade. Do you PH your water, what are you feeding them on. Better pictures would help.

Those look fine to me for only 3 weeks old... As shadey said, you want help and provided a couple pictures. That helps but there is a ton of other information we need to help you out. How many hours of direct sunlight do those plants get? What is in your soil, did you just dig up some garden dirt, did you buy a soil in a bag, did you mix your own blend? What kind of nutrients are you feeding it, are you feeding it, how often do you water it? If you use nutrients do you ph your run off water to see what the ph is in the root zone? Do you ph the nutes before you feed?

We often get a picture of a plant that has some severe problems and all we get is a picture and what is wrong with this plant. As you can see from above there is a lot to diagnosing a plant from a picture on the internet. More information is always better. If you have a problem with the leaves a close up of the leaves would help to see if there is a problem or not.... Hope this helps... You are new, patience is needed to learn to grow this plant. To be a good grower you have to kill your fair share of plants to learn what NOT to do... I can tell you I've killed hundreds.... If not thousands... You are starting out right with just a few plants. Were they from seed or clone? If they are from seeds, you will need to watch them closely, the leaves will start out coming out directly across from each other each leaf start is a node. Between 6-12 nodes they will no longer be directly across from each other, one will be a little above the other or staggered. When this happens watch each plant closely for sex expression. They will usually show a single flower start, either a calyx or a pod. They don't always show a pre-flower if they don't put them in a totally dark box for 48 hours and that will usually get them to show sex before you plant in the ground. If you plan on using above ground pots... Do your research, above ground pots heat up the roots depending on your high temps and the size of the pots you use... Hope this helps... Peace..

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses. To be  totally honest I got the 3 seeds from dispensary Bud's and I work on the road so my father-in-law is growing them for me he does all of the gardening around the house and is pretty good at what he does and grows his own bud but I would still like the opinions and advice of actual bud Growers he used a potting mix and they aren't usually just sitting in the shade he says he moves them out onto the roof to get the direct sunlight they need. But I can have him check his pH levels and whatever else you think needs to be looked at sorry for the lack of information but as I said before I'm only home one week out of every 6-8 weeks. Ill get better pics as well

He also raises chickens and bees so I don't know if this is a good or bad thing or does it matter? He only has a few hens and roosters so he feeds them pretty healthy and I don't know if he is using their poop as fertilizer or not but if he is should I tell him not to?

No, if he is a gardener and growing his own weed he will probably be aware of what is good or not. Chicken crap is good so long as it's not overdone.

Being in a pot outside raises the possibilities of too much water if it's raining alot, too much water will cause the leaves to droop, like not enough water will.

Herer is a sativa dominant plant which will tend to grow taller and skinnier the other is indica dominant so that would grow shorter and stokier normally.

Depending on the angle of the sun the leaves will change their position and angle. Young plants will stretch out if they are not getting enough direct sunlight.

A lot of grower's top their plants early to make them bushier which is probably what you have been seeing pictures of. Your plants look fairly normal for their age as far as I can see from the pic's.

Thank u for your reply. Ill check and make sure he is getting them enough sunlight and the right amount of water. Ill get better close up pics as well

• Like 1

If he gardens and raises chickens and bees, grows his own bud, he knows what to do. He will know when to add chicken poop, it has to age a bit before you add to soil. Unless he does a compost tea. The plants look fine to me. Don't worry or stress if he grows his own bud already, pick his brain as it sounds like he's an old Skool grower and probably grows the kind...... You can't grow being home 1 week out of 6.... too much can happen... learn as much as you can from this guy...sounds like he knows what to do..Peace...

• Like 1