tiggafur

yellowing leaves / plant ate up the nitrogen

I stopped feeding them nitrogen at 21 days  and now this week the leaves really yellowed and I'm wondering if I should add 7milliliters grow to give nitrogen back  or should I leave them ? theyre at 45 days flowering  and I think it will go to 70 

• Like 2

What are you growing in?

Pictures would be good, they speak a thousand words ;) Plants don't use very much nitrogen in flower the leaves will yellow through the flowering process anyway, it's a natural process, as the plant uses all the nutrients in the leaves. Its better to allow it to do that, than over feed it, and slow down the budding process. Nitrogen can inhibit budding.

Just make sure you have plenty of p and  k for them and the water P H is good.

• Like 1

More info would be helpful like how you are growing them and what they're growing in.

At almost 7 weeks in older fan leaves should be starting to yellow.  As long as it's not all the leaves going yellow really fast I'd be leery about adding any N.  What else are you feeding them?

Just not enough to go on to give an honest opinion.

peace.gif

sorry should have added these with my question growing in pro mix hp feeding pure blend pro bloom 20ml , LK 5ml, hydroplex3ml, calmag 5ml,  , I ran out of cal mag for 11 days and am just adding that again

• Like 1

Keep your picture file size low or you might have problems loading it up.

• Like 1

its actually a  pretty plant but the pics come out very blurry as you can see that was the best one, the closer the blurrier they get , its a old tablet cam 

• Like 2

Is that yellowing happening on the upper leaves more and not the lower ones so much?

Makes a difference on how to figure out if something is wrong and how to fix it.

Peace

• Like 1

yeah bottom is greener than the top but most of the fan leaves are yellow with green stripes still  at the veins 

• Like 1

Sounds like either N or Mg a bit low but if worse at the tops could be pH is out of whack and cutting out micro nutes.

Could also just be how that strain matures near the end.  I had a strain did that real bad and I thought something was wrong but it was just the way it went as it was getting close to being ready to chop.

Looks like it still has mostly white hairs but hard to tell in that pic.  Have you looked closely at the trichomes and are some getting cloudy?

Have you grown that strain before?  Never know when it's something you haven't grown out before.

What strain is it?  Auto or regular?  My cross of LSD and Blueberry can be ready as soon as 51 days where some take up to 70 days to be ready.  Generally stays pretty green up to the end but I tend to over feed a bit.

If you think it's got a ways to go yet I'd maybe give it some more ferts but not lots.  Especially if the smaller fan leaves are still green or just slightly yellowing.

So much harder to tell when not actually there to see the plant for real.

• Like 1

First thanks a lot for the help Labrat , checked them this morning and I was surprised the  trichs are starting to turn I think its starting to  finishing  going to start checking everyday to be ready  ,   I haven't grown it before its a blueberry bag seed so I am not sure about when it will  finish

I tried to train the plant   for the 1st time and didn't let the plant grow big enough after tying it all around  so now the buds  are not as big as ive grown before so could that be a reason why it is finishing early ? 

• Like 2

They finish on their own time.  If you come up with a way to make them finish faster slap a patent on it and get rich! :)

I'd just let her finish up and not feed it anything more.  Maybe something with some sulfur tho if you have it.  Sulfur is the "secret" to help make trichs fatter.

• Like 1

just wondering ,i hadn't heard about sulfur before beefing up trichs. would you mind giving some info on this . where to obtain and how  much to use.anything that improves the final product ,i would love to try. is there no effect on taste? thanks in advance labrat.

• Like 2

I use Big Bud for my bud booster and it has 10% S in it.  Seems to work pretty good.

Epsom salts are another cheap source of sulfur and I give them a good dose of that too but not too much.

Something I've tried but not enough to know if it makes a big different because of the first two is MSM.  Sold as a supplement that's supposed to be good for arthritis.  I wanted to try it for that so bought a pound of it at the health food store to make my own '00' capsules with it.  Cheaper than buying the 1000mg caps from the same store by lots. 

It's full name is MethylSulfonylMethane.  Sounds like something you should eat but is considered an organic form of sulfur that is easily absorbed.  It's crystals like sugar and easily dissolved in water too.

Some day I'll have to do a side by side comparison to see what happens.  I could maybe google it in relation to plant use too I guess.

I took a look and here's an article, and place to buy in the US, about how it's safe for plants.  Health food stores should have it too.

Epsom salts should help too and are cheap and readily available at any drug store in various quantities.  Get magnesium with that too and I'd give them one good dose of at a tsp/L.   Even a bit more if you want.  Hard to OD with it unless you do way too much or too often.

peace.gif

• Like 1

thanks for the info. im at day 34 in flower antipacitating to go to 55-60 days. at what point do you hit the plants with it . ive got epsom salts here that i could use. also how much in a gal of water?thanks again.

• Like 2

A Tbsp in a gallon should be good and that's just a regular dose I'd give a plant I suspected was running low on Mg during veg.  Just about the perfect time to do it.  I don't know what all you have been feeding up to now so if you haven't been adding CalMag or  the like I'd go 2 Tbsp.  Really hard to OD on Mg or S.  A lot of N right now would retard flowering but a bit of extra p and K would be good.  Preferably twice as much K as P this late in flowering.  Big Bud is 0-15-35, NPK, 10% S, 20 aminos with citric and ascorbic acid.  If you have some vit. C/ascorbic acid tablets crush up a couple of grams and add that to the water too.  It's used in all sorts of fruiting plants to grow bigger fruits.

I also boost with zinc, b-complex, selenium and iron supplements I eat myself.  I do it in veg once and just before flipping and will do it again real soon.  Some of that MSM too now that I know for sure it's good for plants.

:peace:

• Like 1