World of Seeds - Kilimanjaro

PRELIMINARY

• 1 seed sample size, could be a mutation
  • not quite finished flowering

ODDITIES

• partially seeded (x Sugar Haze), not heavily enough to completely shut down flower production
  • compost wasn't quite finished and required a significant dose of N to keep the young plants green

container 8" x 8" dia

medium 2:1:1, Sunshine Mix #4 : cheap compost : perlite

height 42"

spread ~18"

stems

• slender
  • very stiff, self supporting and then some!

branching

• upright
  • 30 of them below the main stem cola
  • 1st and 2nd node branches were going to be tucked under the rest so they were removed
  • the 3rd and 4th node branches are the longest at 21" and 24" respectively

buds

• slim
  • sparkly dense with trichomes
  • low odour, citrus when disturbed

thoughts, so far...

• The buds are slim but there are so many of them and the little ones that have been shaded in the center of the plant are just as sparkly as the  more exposed buds that it should be a decent yield. It doesn't look like there will be a lot of trim, and not much of the trim will be worth doing anything with, which should make for an easy harvest.

Here are some shots of the main plant:

DSC_5067-crop-480.jpg

- working on sucking nutrients out of the fan leaves

DSC_5379-480.jpg

- main stem cola and upper branches

DSC_5345-480.jpg

- the tip of the top branch (likely would have been the base of the cola if flowering hadn't been interrupted by pollination), ~12" of cola are above it, keep an eye on the orange spot between the two leaf tips in the center of the image...

DSC_5345-crop.jpg

- the orange calyx seems to be a sure sign that there is a ripe seed under those trichomes

Here are a few shots of a rooted 1st node branch, recently moved from T5HO @ ~18 hr days to CMH @ ~13 hr nights:

DSC_5393-480.jpg

- 24" tall, 8" container

DSC_5390-crop-640.jpg

- the growing tip, with mom in the background

DSC_5417-crop-1024.jpg

- a couple young flowers

These next ones are of 2nd node branches which were removed ~3 weeks after turning to flowering. The cuttings were placed in a jar of water on a shelf (covered with a Ziploc Produce bag, the one with all the little holes) for ~2-3 weeks before being given some rooting gel and stuck into 3" containers of starter mix. Ten days to two weeks later they were strong enough to move into 8" azalea pots and get back under the CMH. That was a few weeks ago...

DSC_5373-480.jpg

...the necrosis on the fan leaf in the center of the image is from where the cuttings were starting to suffer before getting around to rooting them, and these...

DSC_5436-640.jpg

...were barely visible bits of green when the cuttings were taken - seems to be a fairly resilient/tough plant.

• Like 2

Nice colors on the plant, great pics. I just got one of those electronic microscope cameras, works very well close up for checking trichs. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Unregistered said:

Is it possible to config this so I can edit my own posts?

I am saying yes, because I can edit my posts, do you not have a "quote, edit" at the bottom of your post?

Its strange as I was just reading the text under your pictures, which I either did not see or was not there before my last comment, and I just thought you must have edited them and added the text  :idk: Then I saw your question.

The ability to edit posts can time out, and doing so can mitigate a class of problems arising from users editing posts after the fact. Enabling the timer also makes it difficult/impossible and just plain unappealing for users to create content which requires updating. I would like to add the yield from the one plant when I get it, along with some photoperiod specifics, flowering time. Followed by data from other plants, aggregate data including reports from other users posting similar info about their Kilimanjaro grow.

I like the idea of a strain index, but don't see the point of simply copying the aromatherapy stuff you find posted elsewhere. Why not set this forum up as a place tailored to Canadians growing their legal plants and sharing what they have learnt about them; the basic gardening info you don't usually see because the seed sellers are trying to market you into something new, and the growers are more concerned with hiding maximized yields and bag appeal.

We are going to get to garden with Cannabis, it is a different mindset than an illegal or for-profit grow --- SCROG, defoliating, tweaking light spectrum, etc., to get the most out of your stealth cabinet grow is all meaningless babble when your plant is out on the patio, the centerpiece of your flowerbed, or growing in the corner of your living room beside the picture window...

Maybe this whole aborted effort of a forum should be archived and replaced with one designed from scratch to cater to legal growers generating and collating Cannabis gardening info. I think we will be different enough from both the heirloom tomato growers and the grow-ops to warrant our own set up.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Unregistered said:

We are going to get to garden with Cannabis, it is a different mindset than an illegal or for-profit grow --- SCROG, defoliating, tweaking light spectrum, etc., to get the most out of your stealth cabinet grow is all meaningless babble when your plant is out on the patio, the centerpiece of your flowerbed, or growing in the corner of your living room beside the picture window...

When you put it like that, I see your point. I never thought of an ornamental cannabis plant in the living room lol. I might just try it for the hell of it.

You should send Lab a pm about your idea, if he doesn't see this soon, he has all the controls, if he knows how to do it and has the time, I am sure he would.