Unregistered

Measurement of pH in Plant Tissue

That's an interesting concept.  Especially with the right side of the diagram where it shows that insect damaged tissue leads to localized low pH then disease.  Maybe that's what's going on with my plants.  Been battling mites for months now and need to get rid of them for once and all!

measurementsinph.png

:peace:

• Like 1

I just noticed that those guys are based in my old stomping grounds in Aldergrove, BC.  I could use a few things and don't want to order from the US or overseas. ;)

Thanks for the link!  :pass:

• Like 1

The article says you can test using a Tracer pH meter, I just googled it and can see no difference than a normal good quality PH meter other than it has interchangeable heads for Chlorine and TDS and a very high price tag. Am I missing something is it a special type of PH meter especially for testing plant juice PH?

• Like 1

Should be able to use any pH meter.  Would need 15-20ml min in a small container so the probes will be covered by the liquid.  If you used good distilled water to dilute the sample that should work too.  RO water always has a little bit of something left in it unless it reads zero on ppm pen so drug store distilled would be best if it isn't the crap that has fluoride added like some does for mixing baby formula.  Why any parent would want to feed their baby fluoride is beyond me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shadey said:

The article says you can test using a Tracer pH meter, I just googled it and can see no difference than a normal good quality PH meter other than it has interchangeable heads for Chlorine and TDS and a very high price tag. Am I missing something is it a special type of PH meter especially for testing plant juice PH?

It is just a meter they sell which is more convenient to use like this because of the small sensor bulb, afaict. I'd try to find a thimble just a little larger than the probe's tip, then try to squeeze out enough juice to fill the space... if simply dripping juice on the tip wasn't working.

Try all three: drips, thimble, and dilution with distilled water, then let us know the results.

• Like 2