HERDEE

The Size of a Cultivation License

Holy Crap 1.1 million sq FT grow, producing 750,000 kilos of dry bud a year. Now thats going for it lol.

With grows that size all these LPs are on a race to the bottom. They will tank the industry flood the market with low quality inferior mass produced bud and prices will plummet. And at the end of the day the mom and pop growers will come out on top as the true champions of this industry.

• Like 1

Probably, but I think a lot of these LP's are aiming at supplying the rest of the planet as well, not just Canada. They are getting a head start on all the other countries that are lining up to legalize.

True but I have heard that Holland is in the midst of a grow trial. To figure out if the country will allow large grows to supply coffee shops. I believe if these large dutch greenhouse growers ever get licenses to grow for export Canada may have some competition. Not to mention Columbia's ambition to supply the rest of the world. It will come down to quality and price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, highroller said:

I believe if these large dutch greenhouse growers ever get licenses to grow for export Canada may have some competition

Yes it will, competition is a good thing for the purchaser. Spain has some big grows run buy Canadian LPs, starting soon over there as well. Morocco is a huge producer although mainly hash. I think its going to come down to trade relations and how many G7 countries legalize. Its still a big crap shoot atm.

Agreed Shadey lol I just wanna see someone compete with these big Canadian companies. May seem un Canadian but these big LP growers are not like you and I. And in many ways have lobbied govt for a restriction to our freedoms. Especially in the realm of home growing and designated growing many of these large producers lobbied to have home growing shut down which resulted in the Allard case and the resulting ACMPR. I personally I am wanting to see competition for these licensed producers. They should not have an easy ride in Canada nor on the world stage. Id personally like to see more than a few of them go bankrupt when the bubble bursts and people find out their stocks are not worth jack shit.

• Like 1