lot.forty.six

Most efficient setup for 15 plants

2 hours ago, lot.forty.six said:

its about a 20x20 room in my basement but i'll be moving to a 12x12 space in the garage at the end of the summer

You might be better off and save lots of money by building a 2x4 frame with either Panda Film for covering or cheap OSB plywood for walls and put it all together with deck or gyprock screws so you can tear it down and move it to the garage.  Put a door on the veg side and an inside door to the flower side.  Make it 4x10 and split it in half.  Bit more room on the veg side for all the stuff you need handy and the flower space just for the ones big enough to go in there.  5x10 would be even better but then you have to split sheets of board nicely for an 8' length.  Not sure what tools you have or your level of DIY skills.  I'm building an 8x4 grow space but the rom addition will be 8.5x6 ft so I have a couple feet down the length to move around in there easier.  I'll use panda film as curtains to bounce light back in the 4' wide area.

:peace:

• Like 1

It says on the specs temp and RH and CO2 censors although I am not looking for CO2. Just one controller to run heat and Rh exhaust and aircon but it will not run an exhaust fan for heat or humidity at the same time, so its not going to work. They dont ship out of the US anyway.

I was just writing he same thing that labs put, that once you get into the garage you will probably turn it into a sealed room grow.

Grow lights has your best options for a 5x5 tent stealth grow with the 900 mars but upgrade the tent to 680d everything I have bought from them is working well.

• Like 1

a

8 minutes ago, lot.forty.six said:

maybe i'll buy the tent setup and then when i  move to the garage build a room for just flowering?

Thats basically what I will be doing this year. Turning my spray booth in my workshop into a flowering room and keeping the tent for vegging.

There own LED lights may be good IDK, I would hope so being that they are a lot more expensive, your plants will vege well under it, IDK about flowering. A US built LED with a good warranty would probably be a better choice.

• Like 1

so your saying i could use the light it comes with to veg them and buy a seperate light for the flowering period. if so what if i upgraded the light in the package which is an option 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, lot.forty.six said:

so your saying i could use the light it comes with to veg them and buy a seperate light for the flowering period. if so what if i upgraded the light in the package which is an option 

Sort of lol. The mars is a lower quality light, I know it will veg well, but have not seen any grows or info for flowering, so its a bit of an unknown, unless you can find some users to give a independent review. So you could use it to start while you are learning, and when you move into the garage you will have probably completed a grow or 2 and will know if its good or not for flowering. If not then get a better one for flowering and just use that for veg.

You could upgrade, there own fusion brand which states. They are made by Bridgelux which is the leader in LED technology. If thats the case why are all the top light brands using Cree osram LED's. Their light uses 400w at the wall and is probably what they say a 800w equivalent to HID/MH/HPS has a 6x4 ft coverage doesnt say what its core area is. The spectrum looks good. +$240 this will be powerful enough.

The Unit farm use Cree and osram.  Cree are what most of the top brands are using.   the 160 +$140 uses 360w at the wall so similar in power but may be better having better LED's Core Coverage: 2.7' x 4.2' Max Coverage: 5.3' x 6.6' . The plants in the core area will do better than the plants outside of the core area. It will be the same with most LED lights.

Out of the 2 I would go for the Unit Farm. When you dont have thousands to spend on a light, choices get more complicated. Have a look round you tube see if you can find different units being used and see if you can get comparisons. A couple of members here have been using the advanced platinum series with great reports Ganjuana even bought a second P450 he was so pleased with it. They are similar in price and power to the unit farm and Fusion brand.

MARS PRO II EPISTAR™ 320 LED GROW LIGHT +$540
mars pro cree 256 +$665
fusion pro x800 +$250
unit farm ufo-320 cree osram +$400

im thinking these would be my best options if i were to upgrade the light in the 5x5 package. from what you said it looks to me the unit farm would be the best option because it uses the cree and osram and the rest only use cree, so i guess my question is what makes the mars brand more expensive than the unit farm if the unit farm is a better product am i paying for the mars brand or am i missing something 

3 hours ago, lot.forty.six said:

, so i guess my question is what makes the mars brand more expensive than the unit farm if the unit farm is a better product am i paying for the mars brand or am i missing something 

From what I can gather from their limited info the 2 mars lights have built in timers, separate bloom, veg and seedling settings and are able to monitor temps and humidity. Not sure if they act as a controller or just a weather station via wifi/blue tooth. In my opinion just something else to go wrong lol. The epistar 320 is probably equivalent to 1000-1200 w

and the 256 a little less around a 1000w

The fusion pro is around 800W equivalent and has no monitoring ability and is basically on or off.

The Unit farm is 1000-1200 w equivalent has no monitoring ability and is basically on or off.

So the extra money you are paying as far as I can see, is for a built in, light timer, $4 @ the dollar store and a wifi/bluetooth weather station $35 @ Canadian tire bought as separate items. The ability to use its functions for bloom, Veg, and seedlings separately.  Seedlings just need a CFL and a bendy desk light. The Vege and bloom function is OK but not worth all that extra money in my opinion especially when you add taxes on. Others may think differently.

im thinking i might go with one of the mars at this point i can use any advantage i can get even with the upgrade its still within my budget i checked them both out on youtube the epistar320 is a 5 chip led and the cree 256 is a 4 chip but from what i read some people think the cree will last longer saying it is a better quality light 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lot.forty.six said:

i read some people think the cree will last longer saying it is a better quality light 

Yes from what I am seeing about cree technology I would concur. I think they have a longer warranty as well. The unit farm is only a year.

I really have no other opinion on LED lights other than it's a wild wild west out there and it takes a lot of research and fairly deep pockets to get the ones that will get you the best bang for your buck.

The best ones I've seen so far are the COB LEDs.  Most of those are DIY systems and geared toward the same kind of geeks that grok Linux.  I was one of those back in the DOS days but my fondness for geekdom seems to fade as the days of my life do. :)

Loving my HIDs!

:peace:

• Like 1