ValleyRedneck

Too many plants

It's getting too crowded. I would hate to just kill some, but I'm 4 weeks into a 12 week flower and everything shot up insanely. Not to mention, I was expecting half male plants, and I got 100% female... so yeah... I was expecting half. What would you do?

• Like 1

That's one of the better problems to have when it comes to growing pot. :)

Hard call tho.  Could thin out all the smaller branches and lower growth and just keep the hardiest branches  to produce even bigger colas once a lot of the other stuff is gone.  You'd probably produce quite a bit more that way than taking out half the plants.

For pics are you using your phone or a PC?  For PC you should be able to click on choose files then select your pics from your files.  Works like that for phones too I think tho never uploaded any from a phone.

Good luck deciding.

:peace:

• Like 1

I have already thinned everything out a few times... I keep removing the lower branches, but I think that is part of why they're shooting up so high. A lot of them are past the lights, which is no good at all. I'm going to zip tie down what I can tonight when I go in to feed. I literally have to remove about half the plants from the room to water/feed. Not good. I don't know why I can't post photos. It just keeps saying there was a problem uploading the file. 

9 hours ago, ValleyRedneck said:

It just keeps saying there was a problem uploading the file. 

Might be the picture is to big a file, how many MB is a pic I reduce mine down in Photoshop to 300 kilobytes.

On 2/8/2018 at 5:56 AM, Shadey said:

Might be the picture is to big a file, how many MB is a pic I reduce mine down in Photoshop to 300 kilobytes.

Thank you Shadey, apparently that was the problem. I used a photo resize program.

As you can see from the photos, I was not expecting the plants to get this large. They have tripled in height since I flipped to 12/12 on Jan 7th. These photos are a bit old now. I have since hacked off many many lower branches to thin them out, as well as removing some plants. I have also tied things down with zip ties on the bamboo stakes. I have to remove about 8 plants from the room to feed/water. Maybe I would have been better off just to kill half, I'm not sure. I couldn't find anyone to even give any more to, aside from 3 plants going to a neighbor.

20180206_204926_HDR.jpg

20180206_204934.jpg

20180206_204945.jpg

20180206_204958.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good Lol, tripled the height  in the stretch eh.  I bet that was interesting to watch :) you can rub the stalk between finger and thumb to soften it and then turn them down. They will put more growth to the lower branches then and slow the top right down. As it was crowded already that probably wouldn't help much though. I use clip on fans and move them up as they grow. So how long do they have now ?

Not sure what lights or how many plants .also how much room..can't tell from the pictures..but when you flip your lights or move in to flower.. lower your lights to slow the stretch..the plants look like a they are reaching for the lights.. could also being caused by to many plants for the lights you are running..by looking at your set up from the pictures you posted.makes me think they are fighting for light..alot of shade in the pics..looks good tho..try adding more light .a bunch of cfl.s will get you there...

• Like 1

Yes, it's still too crowded, and they are way too close to the ceiling. There are 30 plants packed into the space (some in 5 gal pots, some in 10 gal pots), which has 2 x 1000W HPS. I'm thinking 9 (3x3) under each light should be the max.

Adding CFL's might be a good solution, weedman. Thanks.

I have a 8x4 tent for budding with a 1000 hps and a 400 mh with 6 mom's I'm flowering out and 9 or so other plants and it's about right..all in 31/2 gal pots.. always can use more sunshine tho..lol

It's hard to tell which strains are gunna stretch the most..and with that .it's hard to keep an even canopy..lol