ultradent

Black spots on leaves Need Help pls

2 hours ago, ultradent said:

I have no idea whats happening the black spots started appearing a few days ago i recently moved the plant indoors PLS HELP!

Hi Ultradent and welcome to CC,

If you just moved it indoors you must be somewhere warm lol. Is your plant in veg or flower, how old is it, what are you feeding it on and what is your water PH, I take it, its in soil in a pot, as it was outside and does the soil go through a wet dry cycle,  is it on leaves all over the plant, or just the top or bottom, how long did it take to get like this. Bye the color of the leaves around the one you are holding it looks as if its finishing flowering and is using up all available nutrients in the leaves and finishing its life cycle, but you need to give us a bit more info please.

Black spots could be manganese deficiencies and the brown dying leaf tips could be zinc deficiencies but may be due to nutrient lockout due to the wrong water PH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks more like low P to me but the whole plant looks hungry so a good feeding with a balanced fertilizer would likely fix it up.

Have you been getting cool, wet weather?  Spots like that could be some sort of fungus that is flaring up now that it has warmer conditions and shouldn't be a problem in drier conditions if that's what it is.

That plant is still vegging isn't it?

:peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Ultradent and welcome to CC,

If you just moved it indoors you must be somewhere warm lol. Is your plant in veg or flower, how old is it, what are you feeding it on and what is your water PH, I take it, its in soil in a pot, as it was outside and does the soil go through a wet dry cycle,  is it on leaves all over the plant, or just the top or bottom, how long did it take to get like this. Bye the color of the leaves around the one you are holding it looks as if its finishing flowering and is using up all available nutrients in the leaves and finishing its life cycle, but you need to give us a bit more info please.

Black spots could be manganese deficiencies and the brown dying leaf tips could be zinc deficiencies but may be due to nutrient lockout due to the wrong water PH.

Hey Shadey

It is in a warm place moved it in because it was getting to cold and extremely windy outside. The yellowing of the leaves started before i moved it inside, its been inside for about 2 weeks now the black spots started about 3 days ago and its on a few leaves only in the mid sections. The plant is about 7 months old and is in transition to the flowering stage.

Yes its in a pot and it did go through the wet dry cycle.

NPK 16-10-24

PH 6.9 

Thanks for the reply

• Like 2

How long has it been in the same pot and what is the size of the pot ? A pic of the whole plant and pot would be good, it may be root bound how often do you have to water?

If its going into flower they need higher P K and lower N now, even though its getting a higher ratio of K from your ferts the plants will use a lot up through the flower cycle especially in the early weeks when they stretch and also a low humidity climate will use more as well. 

As Lab and I said it looks really hungry for all nutes with the pale yellow leaves. Water PH is a little on the high side, possibly causing nute lockout. If you drop the water PH to 6.5 and give it more ferts like Lab said with a more balanced fert then see what happens.

How is your ferts being given to the plant, do you use teas?  If you want to speed things up a bit and by pass the possible nute lockout do a foliage feed, mix up a tea using worm castings and mist it on the leaves top and bottom it will get absorbed quicker than by the roots.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shadey said:

How long has it been in the same pot and what is the size of the pot ? A pic of the whole plant and pot would be good, it may be root bound how often do you have to water?

If its going into flower they need higher P K and lower N now, even though its getting a higher ratio of K from your ferts the plants will use a lot up through the flower cycle especially in the early weeks when they stretch and also a low humidity climate will use more as well. 

As Lab and I said it looks really hungry for all nutes with the pale yellow leaves. Water PH is a little on the high side, possibly causing nute lockout. If you drop the water PH to 6.5 and give it more ferts like Lab said with a more balanced fert then see what happens.

How is your ferts being given to the plant, do you use teas?  If you want to speed things up a bit and by pass the possible nute lockout do a foliage feed, mix up a tea using worm castings and mist it on the leaves top and bottom it will get absorbed quicker than by the roots.

I never re-potted the plant. Do i have too? The size of the pot is a 24L and theirs 2 plants in one pot, it gets water every 3 to 4 days.

I'll post pics asap. How do i lower the Ph? No, I haven't used tea and ferts i used with water.

• Like 2

You could lower the pH if that's what it needs with vinegar or lemon juice but proper pH down for plants is better.

Your ferts look like a decent level for a plant starting to flower so if you haven't given them any yet you should.

A 24L pot should be good enough depending on how big you want to grow them and from the pic it looks like they don't need a huge pot unless they are 6ft tall.

:peace:

• Like 1

So that would be a 6 gal US pot, if its plastic the roots will keep growing and can get bound up. You can grow plants in small pots but you have to water more often and its wise to cut the roots back to stop them binding up.

So you have dry fertilizer and you sprinkle it on top of the soil in the pot and it slowly dissolves when you water every time, what is its make and how often do you add it?

Lowering PH you will need to add something acidic to the water. Not very much depending on the strength of what you are adding. Do you have a Cal/Mag plant supplement? that is slightly acidic and will be beneficial to the plants. You could use organic apple cider vinegar, some will disagree but if its an emergency then it will work.

What was the soil you used when you planted, was it anything specially for growing weed or just something with ferts added, organic, just something you dug up out of the back yard with nothing added?

A tea is made from ferts take whatever amount of water you would normally use to water your plant and add preferably natural organic fertilizers to it. I use Jobes organic tomato and vegetable 3.7.5. + worm castings and kelp meal, then I let it sit for a couple of days stirring regularly with a little fish tank air bubbler, bubbling away in it. After a couple of days I add a small amount of organic molasses to get the micro bacteria very active then leave another 24 hours and water the plants with it. Teas help a lot for feeding and promoting good bacteria which helps with the plants health, as well as food intake. You dont need the fish tank bubbler you can just let it steep like you would a tea bag in a pot, which is why its called a tea. Then you would strain it, if you were going to use it in a misting spray bottle to foliage feed.

Lab rat posted just as I was lol.