trichy

Dry fresh bud, quick.

So if I need to sample a freshly harvested bud?

I usually take a smallish bud, 2 or 3 joints worth and put it between at least 4 paper towels. 

Pop that in the microwave for 23 seconds. Give it a minute to cool, move the bud to a dry spot on the towels and give it another 23 seconds.... let it cool, move to a dry spot another 23 seconds. It might be ready to smoke now it might need another 23 seconds. 

Notes: My microwave is a low power unit. 

It feels wet still when it comes out after the 3rd or 4th time, let it cool and get hard before making the call to smoke or re-nuke. 

Avoid the centre of the microwave and keep your shit on the outside perimeter or fires can happen. 

• Like 1

I wonder how a dehydrator would do, like for making jerky. I used to do this with leaves back in the 80s, not knowing what I know now about toxic heavy metal build up from toxic miracle grow, the leaves would start to spark and spontaneously ignite setting the paper towel on fire and the microwave would pop and bang. Good test to see if your flushing has worked in removing the salts and heavy metal build ups in the plant lol.

I had issues with fires starting at the floret/stem junction on earlier attempts. But I.....

- reduced time

- avoided centre of microwave 

- try not to grow stressed weeds

• Like 1

I won't use a microwave for anything other than heating water.  Totally screws up food and destroys most of the nutritional content.  In Russia they are not permitted in public facilities like hospitals etc so if they refuse to use them you can bet they aren't good for you.  Hospitals here use pre-cooked then frozen meals they ship around to old folks homes and the hospitals to help healthy people get well.  I damn near starve when I've had to be in the hospitals here.  Cheap margarine on toast etc.  Juice containers no better than Kool-Aid with a bit of vit. C.  Gag me with a spoon!

Any heavy metals or anything else in your plants are not removed with a flush.  Once there they are there for good.  Same with salts from fertilizers.  Flushing only removes nutrients from the soil so your plants have to steal what they can from older leaves but if you have toxic salts buildup it won't do a thing to fix that.  Same with those flushing compounds they charge lots for.

Water curing on the other hand can get a lot of that crap out after the harvest tho.  Buds don't look too pretty afterwards but smoke nice and seem more potent as the plant material is reduced thus upping the percentage of resin related to total weight.

:peace:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LabRat said:

Any heavy metals or anything else in your plants are not removed with a flush.  Once there they are there for good.  Same with salts from fertilizers.  Flushing only removes nutrients from the soil so your plants have to steal what they can from older leaves but if you have toxic salts buildup it won't do a thing to fix that.  Same with those flushing compounds they charge lots for.

Really, I thought that is why people did it to remove all the crap out of the plants for a healthier smoke, even more happier I went organic.