Sign in to follow this  
Lovevrythingreen

Seedling fell over

So I got home from work today and one of my seedlings was completely laying down. I just put it into the new DWC tub and the roots arent out of the starter plug yet and only that one had dried completely out. So I am hoping it fell over due to lack of water and not damping off. Stem looked healthy... So I guess I don't really have a question just waiting and praying this one bounces back.

Right now I have it propped up with a stick and has only been 2 hours since I gave it water

Thats good, I thought it damped off when I read the first post, probably felt like an early nap lol. Is that one of the taller ones, may be a little top heavy for the stem?

8 hours ago, Shadey said:

Thats good, I thought it damped off when I read the first post, probably felt like an early nap lol. Is that one of the taller ones, may be a little top heavy for the stem?

May be damping off. Unfortunately this morning she was back on her side but she was standing for hours alone last night :(

I would say top heavy, and the stem is stretched a bit, but not sucked in on itself which is usually the sign of damping off. Just kep it supported and it will get stronger. With mine I always leave the pot half empty with soil, that way if they stretch you can back fill, with a couple of inches if need be to support the stem and speed up the rooting a bit.

I'm hoping it is top heavy I got excited seeing it stand up alone so i took the support away yesterday. So this morning I put it back and it seems to have become more stable already but the support is staying this time.