So first time with hydro and I'm doing DWC I'm a 15 gal tub. I have a dual outlet pump with 2 6 inches air stones, one at each end so the bubbles are spread out.

I'm using advance nutrients PH perfect 3 part and I also have calmag, rhino skin, and big bud. I am using all RO water testing at 0 PPM. So my question is for my week old seedlings I am ready to transfer into their final DWC home, what/how much should I start off giving them? For their first week I gave them 200ppm.

Any other additives you all recommend I use along with the 3 part nutes?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

They are looking healthy a little stretched though, you would be better to use the fluorescent tube you were using for the first couple of weeks until they get some proper leaves developed, you can get it closer to stop the plants stretching and save money on your electric bill, those little plants dont need all that light atm.

Yeah I just put them under the big light last night the stretch was from when they were under the CFL only about 3-4 inches away. Right now they are 24 inches away from the 400w MH

• Upvote 1

On 11/20/2017 at 1:52 PM, Lovevrythingreen said:

So first time with hydro and I'm doing DWC I'm a 15 gal tub. I have a dual outlet pump with 2 6 inches air stones, one at each end so the bubbles are spread out.

I'm using advance nutrients PH perfect 3 part and I also have calmag, rhino skin, and big bud. I am using all RO water testing at 0 PPM. So my question is for my week old seedlings I am ready to transfer into their final DWC home, what/how much should I start off giving them? For their first week I gave them 200ppm.

Any other additives you all recommend I use along with the 3 part nutes?

One week old is pretty young.  I like to have  well rooted seedlings or clones when I start them in the tubs but have started seeds right in the net pots.  That middle link in my sig about the DWC Autoflower grow is where I did that.

The reason I like them well started is so that the roots are near the bottom of the pot and there is enough plant that the base can be buried with hydroton balls and leave the plant above the surface of the balls.   If your rockwool is near the top with lots of balls under it you will have to top-feed a couple times a day for a week or more until roots come out the bottom of the pots.  I use a turkey baster for that or a big 60cc syringe that I have a tube on the end of so I can suck nutes out of the tub and squirt around the sprout.

You could start them with the water level above the base of the pots then remove some of the nutes to lower the level an inch below the pots once roots protrude from the bottom.

With seedlings like yours I would skip the Rhino and CalMag at first and just go with the base nutes.  1.5ml/L of each should give you around 300ppm which is where I start mine at.   There is enough Ca and Mg in the nutes for them at this stage and Rhino is a good supplement but not sure if it should be used with such little babies.  Go by how much water you actually put in the tub and not by how much the tub hold on it's label.  The shorter ones hold about 35L and the taller ones 50L when filled to an inch below 5" net pots.  Best to measure how much you put in to fill it to the ridge a few inches below the top.  Put the pots in the lid so you can lift it a bit and see where the level is in relation to the bottoms of the pots.

I like the 12" airstones for the tubs.  They lay right in the slots along the bottom and give nice, even coverage so there are bubbles popping under each pot nicely.  With 6" ones I'd have one near the front and the other near the back on the other side.  I drill holes just under the handles of the tubs for the air lines so they aren't in the way when you lift the lid.  I have a big box with numbered drills so find the hole that the air line just fits in then use the drill bit that is just a bit smaller than that.  I cut the end at a slight angle and lick it so I can get it thru the hole and it fits pretty tight.  That way it holds the tube snugly and the airstones won't get pulled out of place when moving the tub or pump around.  Hanging the air pump on a bungie cord or soft spring cuts down on noise.  I also make an inspection hole about 2" in the lid for adding water and nutes, sucking out some for ppm testing and adding nutes to bump up the ppm as the plants grow or keeping the ppm up as bigger plants reduce the ppm by eating the nutes as they grow.

You shouldn't have to change your nutes for at least a month if that.  I just add small amounts of each nute in the proper ratio to raise the ppm as the plants grow and change once they are done the stretch.  More about that later.

:peace:

• Upvote 1