Deena

Stoned from cooking in oven after decarbing

Any idea how to clean an oven? We keeping getting stoned (4 times so far) after using our oven even though we used it for decarbing two weeks ago. Not necessarily a bad thing but I don't want to serve my husband's parents or anyone's children a 'baked' dish. It seems to happen when we use fats (cheese and oil) so we thought maybe it was infused into oil splatters on the oven walls and then infused back into the fats of the food. We tried turning the oven up to 400F for half an hour and that didn't work. We ran the self-cleaning feature and that didn't work. We tried using different pans and looked for any pot that may have fallen to the bottom of the oven. Anybody have a solution? 

• Like 1

Hi Deena and welcome to CC, I cant see what you are complaining about really lol, I think most people would love to have your oven with automatic cannabis food infusion ;)  I think it must be from the fat on the inside walls re releasing it back and being absorbed into the food. I would have thought running the oven at 400 would burn it all off though.

Depending on your oven type, you can get very strong oven cleaners from most stores in an aresol. Just spray all the inside of the oven and leave overnight put your rubber gloves on and wipe it all out in the morning. They contain caustic soda which can burn your skin, but gets ovens nice and shiny like new inside.

• Like 1

Sorry Deena but you're dreaming.

Especially after running the cleaning cycle in your oven there is no way there is any viable THC left.

Ovens reach temps as high as 650F during the cleaning cycle and incinerate any organic molecules in there and leave a tiny bit of ash on the floor of the oven.

Not happening.  All in your mind.

:peace:

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Thanks Shadey! Yeah we thought that temperature would have incinerated it too. Didn't want to use harsh chemicals where we cook but I think its time to give it a try.

7 hours ago, LabRat said:

Sorry Deena but you're dreaming.

Especially after running the cleaning cycle in your oven there is no way there is any viable THC left.

Ovens reach temps as high as 650F during the cleaning cycle and incinerate any organic molecules in there and leave a tiny bit of ash on the floor of the oven.

Not happening.  All in your mind.

It's not in my mind, it's more a body stone. Ha ha. 

If its in my mind, it's also in my husband's mind. We've been decarbing for almost a year and only recently have we had this 'problem'. I believe that there's been a build up that led to this. Why the high temperatures didn't take care of it I don't know. Maybe my old oven doesn't get hot enough. Regardless, if we ate the roasted cauliflower or squash as a small side dish we were fine. Eat a lot of it as your lunch and that's another thing. 

On 11/3/2017 at 1:57 AM, Deena said:

It's not in my mind, it's more a body stone. Ha ha. 

If its in my mind, it's also in my husband's mind. We've been decarbing for almost a year and only recently have we had this 'problem'. I believe that there's been a build up that led to this. Why the high temperatures didn't take care of it I don't know. Maybe my old oven doesn't get hot enough. Regardless, if we ate the roasted cauliflower or squash as a small side dish we were fine. Eat a lot of it as your lunch and that's another thing. 

Again, I'm sorry. but it is not possible to get stoned off old THC vapours from decarbing in your oven.

The lady that owns the health food store where I buy most of my supplements told me once that she ate one cannabis seed and got stoned off her ass.  I near fell on the floor laughing my own ass off.

The placebo effect only works if you really believe it but when it does it really works well.  They gave sugar pills to men suffering from horrible wounds in WW1 telling them they were powerful narcotics and they reacted like they were and were greatly relieved for a while.

Mind over matter is what you and your hubby have experienced.

Not the first time I've had to deal with delusional people.  I've been fooled myself on occasion but not for long.

I am a man of science and logic and my chemistry training and personal experience doing all sorts of things with pot like decarbing in our own oven negates your results.

I've been doing this kind of stuff for 50 years and if that isn't enough to convince you that I speak from authority then you should look for wiser men than me.

I'm sure there are many but they don't work for free. ;)

As an ex psychoanalyst who used hypnosis with clients, I can attest to what Lab Rat is saying regarding placebos and self suggestion. I can induce a state of being stoned simply by visualizing, and imagining all the sensations of smoking weed. It is not as powerful as smoking real weed  but it does work.

4 hours ago, LabRat said:

The placebo effect only works if you really believe it but when it does it really works well.  They gave sugar pills to men suffering from horrible wounds in WW1 telling them they were powerful narcotics and they reacted like they were and were greatly relieved for a while.

No, you dont even have to believe in it at all. You just need to be told by someone who you see as an authority, what to expect, and self suggestion takes over. You can even read something on a label and if you expect that to happen, it will to varying degrees, the placebo effect is around 50-65% in most tested drugs, and in some cases it actually works better than the drug itself, which brings to mind, why do we use the drugs at all with the damaging side effects lol. Our bodies are amazing chemical factories able to produce all kinds of chemicals good and bad merely by our emotions and thoughts. Our minds accept our imaginings as if they are real experiences. That's why sports people use self hypnosis to practice their sport and tests show it works just as well as doing it for real.