Well I called HC again today to see where my application has got to, as they received it in the beginning of March. I was told it was still being worked on, so I inquired about its renewal, should I get it before the year date expires on it. She said it would be advisable to apply for renewal very early. WTF is going on there. Wait until its legal I hope the gov have something else better set up because they will be swamped with applications for grow licenses. If this is anything to go bye it will be probably 2-3 years before you get the license after applying.

Edited by Shadey
  • Upvote 1

That is f'n ridiculous!

I've been on the fence about applying for mine and now I'm sure I won't bother.

You'd have to apply for your renewal now and to do that you'd need a new doctor's permit and they won't likely hand that out until the old one runs out unless they are aware of the delay at Hellth Canada and very supportive.

I've been following a thread about this on another forum and there are many in the same boat as you.  They need to change the way it works so if you have your doctors recommendation you're allowed to grow under current medical rules without anything from HC other than sending in your paper from the doc.

I'll stay under the plant limit that I'd be allowed with my 8g/day and take my chances as I have for decades.  They gonna toss an old fart like me in jail for his first ever pot offense?   Losing all my gear and pot would suck but with the way the system works that is just as likely to happen even if I apply and try to follow the stupid rules as they are set up now.

Once the new recreational rules come into effect non-medical growers will likely be having the same problems so those rules won't work either.

Screw 'em all with a big stick!

:peace:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, trichy said:

I'm legal. Living the dream.

:bawl:

• Upvote 1

Back at the weed docs today my prescription renewed for another 6 months. I inquired about my grow application renewal even though I still have not received the permit yet, 9 months and counting, so he said well I will give you the renewal now to save you coming back and you can send it off as soon as you get the permit. He said some people have received there permit and its expired in the process before they even opened it up FFS.

• Upvote 1

I got a year on each of my two doctor's permits so far.  Do you have to pay for yours or does your medical cover it?

HC sux!

:peace:

• Upvote 1

No the only thing I have to pay for is a 15$ piss test, which I can claim back,.

• Upvote 1

Piss test for pot usage?   Should be in the chat.