CC Forums

dr_weed    6

Hi there

I'm Dr Weed, and this year, I began growing for the first time.   My inspiration was when I learned that my mom had endometrial cancer, and was going to need heavy amounts of chemotherapy. She doing fine, but needs chemo every 21 days. Generally speaking, she feels tired and shitty most of the time, so I set out on a quest to find something that might help her. I landed on Cannabis.  My first grow went wonderfully well -- I went all in and purchased a tent, LED light, fans, dehumidifier, nutrients, etc.  I grew my first batch in soil and have some little girls waiting to go into the grow tent. It's amazing what I've learned in the past few months -- and am planning on starting a business here in Massachusetts around the cannabis industry. It's a great time to get into it especially here in MA.

I had a successful run with Mangolocious, Big Bud, Bianca, and Jackberry strains.  Getting new strains soon to try them out.     Really need a good one for my own shoulder pain -- and am looking for the best strains for pain management. If you have suggestions for that, please PM me or reply here.

My little organization is going to be offering classes -- my and my best buddy are going in on it together -- he's the one with more experience growing, and I have more training/education/presentation skills.  The two of us will be offering classes in massachusetts (live, and online classes) within the next 3-6 months. I also hold a PhD in real life - and finished earlier this year after a 5-year endeavor. It is in IT and data science.

Later --

Dr Weed

• Like 1

LabRat    928

You might want to try some high CBD strains for pain management.  I use mine in edible forms like cocobudder or baked goods mostly and have near 24 pain reduction from arthritis and past joint injuries.  Supposedly works well to fight cancer too as the patient can tolerate larger doses without the side effects of too much THC.

I wish your mother good luck.  Mine just turned 90 and we're throwing a big party with lots of family here this Saturday.

:peace:

dr_weed    6

Thanks, @LabRat

Funny you mentioned edibles... I tried baking infused brownies -- and overcooked them slightly, since it was the very first time baking with this particular oven. My wife just told me this oven runs a little hot, so I should keep that in mind. She wouldn't try it because it was overcooked lol! Anywho, they came out a little on the crunchy side, and could definitely taste the difference.  A couple of brownies definitely relaxed me a bit.  Shoulder pain subsided -- just enough to get pain relief but not feel that super couch-lock feeling.  I could still function, in other words not a wicked high feeling.  My mom is open to trying edibles, but tells me not to discuss any of this around my step-dad, because he's very old fashioned and so-on and so-forth.  It's been an interesting ride, so far. Don't think my step-dad approves much around cannabis.  My other set of parents have no clue what I've been up to, and I intend on keeping it that way since they are judgmental assholes most of the time. Anywho...

I'm sort of a noob when it comes to this stuff -- but certainly learning and trying different things with the grow.  A buddy tells me that I should try hydroponics which will result in better yields. Thinking about it....

Looking forward to becoming an active part of this community!!

Dr_Weed

• Like 1

LabRat    928

Glad to have you and hope you find the info you need and if not, ask.  In my signature is a link to my cocobudder method which is pretty easy and I find very effective.  Smear it on a cookie or eat it by the spoon.  I've been following another method on a different forum where you take the pot right off the plant and make a similar product in a  big pot with oil and water so you catch all the terpenes and other things that can be lost in processing pot to dry and cure it first before making edibles.

:peace:

Shadey    309

Welcome aboard dr-Weed.

16 hours ago, LabRat said:

I've been following another method on a different forum where you take the pot right off the plant and make a similar product in a  big pot with oil and water so you catch all the terpenes and other things that can be lost in processing pot to dry and cure it first before making edibles.

Probably makes it taste better too, for my delicate palette lol. I did it your way Lab and then put the oil in boiling water to to remove that earthy taste, but straight off the plant sounds a good way to do it.