5 posts in this topic

Dear Friends;

I have been using doctor’s prescription Medical Marijuana to treat my medical condition.

In December 2016 I have opened up to my employer’s Occupational Health and Safety department to protect my occupation due to zero tolerance drug policy. The employers in-house physician made a determination after receiving supportive documents (IMO); NOT to permit my Cannabinoid treatment after work while operating an Heavy Equipment.

I have numeres treating physicians that are supportive but I feel that public perception of Cannabis use is still in a big stigma. There are millions of worker in a Safety Sensitive Position in Canada.

I MUST ask in behalf of my fellow Cannabis users and advocates to contact your MP ans MPP and demand a pubic awareness campaign that would wipe the stigma out of cannabis use and focus an impairment and table an section in an regulatory regulation that would spell out if Cannabis can be consumed after work by the public who work in an SSP.

MP

"Currently Bill Blair is in charge of the Cannabis act" that's what I been told by my MP and each province will regulate it's use. 

I read an article the other day similar to this in relation to Health insurance companies wanting to save money from opiate and Nsaid users but cant because health Canada has still not given it a medical number. The interesting part, was that Workers Compensation are pushing hard for companies to understand and lose the DOPE stigma and to allow injured people who are successfully controlling their symptoms, to return to work and keep using their medical marijuana prescriptions without being penalized for it.

CAMH with Dr. Benedikt Fischer is working on Lower Risk Cannabis Use Guidelines Study (LRCUG) which will be erected in statues of the Cannabis Act and others related to cannabis use, etc...

http://www.camh.ca/en/hospital/about_camh/newsroom/news_releases_media_advisories_and_backgrounders/current_year/Pages/Public-health-guidelines-aim-to-lower-health-risks-of-cannabis-use.aspx

the panel members can be contacted as well for any questions or advocacy missions.

Panel provides guidelines for safe cannabis use.pdf

This is interesting

• Recommendation 4
Recent reviews on synthetic cannabinoids indicate markedly
more acute and severe adverse health effects from the use
of these products (including instances of death). The use of
these products should be avoided.

I dont think they will add that, the drug companies will have a hissy fit.

55 minutes ago, Shadey said:

This is interesting

• Recommendation 4
Recent reviews on synthetic cannabinoids indicate markedly
more acute and severe adverse health effects from the use
of these products (including instances of death). The use of
these products should be avoided.

I dont think they will add that, the drug companies will have a hissy fit.

I think that refers to those synthetic phony buds you can buy online and some less-than-reputable stores.  Popular with the kiddies and people that have to pass drug tests as they don't show up in tests.

Not sure tho as I haven't got around to reading the report thoroughly yet.

:peace: