Grow_Wizzard

Grow_Wizzard's 2017 Outdoor

oh a little heads up on the old skool. they have some auto flower in them ... i no i had a few start flowering early on me in veg because i got a little lazy with my transplanting ..those lemon stretched alot indoors and i couldnt seem to get very good buds that were solid.. very whispy thin buds .. maybe you will have better luck with them..i just cut the last 8 plants of them down in my tent cause they were just running wild in there ..they grew huge and just kept stretching..i thought i had a light leak but none of the other strains were reacting to it ..

yeah those last few weeks can drive ya crazy waiting to finish ..i can remember running out in the middle of the night thinking i heard someone out by my plants..lol..

Weedmen,

I think I can deal with autoflowers.... Love the original Juans... Wish I still had some of those... I have a bunch of juan crosses... But most those didn't germinate last year. I still have some left. I started some of your beans and some others today put them in some soil with a clear plastic lid on the container.... I started some other beans too...

The lemon skunk sounds like a sativa dominant strain. If there isn't too much sativa in them I should be able to finish them... I hope they sprout.

I don't worry about people getting my plants... my yard is kinna dangerous if you don't know where to go.. The dogs dig holes chasing gophers and moles. There are other trip hazards too... And you can't see them from the road so it would have to be someone I have showed where they are that takes them and I know the list and it's short...hahaha... I keep checking and still a lot of clear trichomes, they are milking up a lot but still too many clear to harvest for me.... They still have a couple weeks and our weather seems to be holding, cold at night but nice during the day... It's that time of year... the smells when I check the trichomes is awesome....

Great to hear that you're getting close to harvest unscathed so far Wiz!

We've had snow and 4 or 5 frosty mornings so far since mid-Sept up here in the Great White North.

Just picked up 6 plants from a buddy's greenhouse today and the temp in there at 4pm was 30F and it has been colder before that with ice on the coy pond in the greenhouse.  His 10lb coy will soon be moved into his big tank in his basement for the winter.  Kind of a funky dude. :)

Got some Critical Kush and Chem Dog 3' plants and bought some AK47 beans off him then he gifted me some some [(NL x Purple Indica) x BubbleGum] F1s that should have some funky phenos if I ever grow them out.  Got lots of other new beans/crosses I plan to work on for whatever years I have left and most will contain a lot of CBD.

I'm fully convinced that the right combination of THC/CBD plus terpenes and the multitude of other cannabinoids work in concert to cure almost every ill that plagues modern man.

Other common sense preventative measures help to support everyone's built in cannabinoid system which undeniably began because primitive man and other mammals ate from the forbidden fruit called cannabis or we all wouldn't have these receptors built in to almost every organ in our bodies.

That is a product of evolution from repeated exposure over thousands of generations and many more thousands of years before tissue can build in the proper receptors.

This is my religion.  Something I have faith in.  Not the blind faith of any God out of the numbers of Gods that supposedly exist in the multitudes of religions that claim to have the "true" God.

But a god that's not a God but something that performs miracles that can be seen, felt and experienced by anyone with open eyes and minds.

I prefer to call that Jah.  An old biblical name for God that has taken on a larger meaning through other religions beyond Christianity.  Encompassing other virtues than "godliness" like compassion, generosity, sacrifice and otherness.

Rather than devolving into the crustiness of old age I find myself digging ever deeper into new concepts and and letting go of old prejudices I grew up with.

Trump and his ilk scare the living shit out of me.

Sorry for the diatribe in your thread but the force is within me tonight. :pass:

:peace:

6 minutes ago, LabRat said:

Great to hear that you're getting close to harvest unscathed so far Wiz!

We've had snow and 4 or 5 frosty mornings so far since mid-Sept up here in the Great White North.

Just picked up 6 plants from a buddy's greenhouse today and the temp in there at 4pm was 30F and it has been colder before that with ice on the coy pond in the greenhouse.  His 10lb coy will soon be moved into his big tank in his basement for the winter.  Kind of a funky dude. :)

Got some Critical Kush and Chem Dog 3' plants and bought some AK47 beans off him then he gifted me some some [(NL x Purple Indica) x BubbleGum] F1s that should have some funky phenos if I ever grow them out.  Got lots of other new beans/crosses I plan to work on for whatever years I have left and most will contain a lot of CBD.

I'm fully convinced that the right combination of THC/CBD plus terpenes and the multitude of other cannabinoids work in concert to cure almost every ill that plagues modern man.

Other common sense preventative measures help to support everyone's built in cannabinoid system which undeniably began because primitive man and other mammals ate from the forbidden fruit called cannabis or we all wouldn't have these receptors built in to almost every organ in our bodies.

That is a product of evolution from repeated exposure over thousands of generations and many more thousands of years before tissue can build in the proper receptors.

This is my religion.  Something I have faith in.  Not the blind faith of any God out of the numbers of Gods that supposedly exist in the multitudes of religions that claim to have the "true" God.

But a god that's not a God but something that performs miracles that can be seen, felt and experienced by anyone with open eyes and minds.

I prefer to call that Jah.  An old biblical name for God that has taken on a larger meaning through other religions beyond Christianity.  Encompassing other virtues than "godliness" like compassion, generosity, sacrifice and otherness.

Rather than devolving into the crustiness of old age I find myself digging ever deeper into new concepts and and letting go of old prejudices I grew up with.

Trump and his ilk scare the living shit out of me.

Sorry for the diatribe in your thread but the force is within me tonight. :pass:

Lab, the diatribe is welcome... You live in the Great White North and Trump scares you....hahahaha..... He is just a different puppet, the marionettes remain the same... As to the religious stuff, I've done my fair share of reading theology from various religions... my take is God they speak of is Consciousness our consciousness is the only thing that transcends this meat suit. Good to hear about the new genetics that purple sound good... Our temps are not that low and even our winter temps are usually in the 30F area so we don't get that cold. It's the rain that messes things up here. Usually we see a few good showers by now, but this year has been good for growing but what I'm hearing is a lot of gardens got burnt or fire retardant sprayed on them... Mine will make it. won't yield a ton but enough to keep me and the little lady going. Started a bunch of beans yesterday, so I'm hoping they pop and I can get a good start on next year. Gettin late, off to bed... Thanks for the comments..

Peace...

• Like 1

The problem with Trump is the strings have been cut and the puppet masters have lost control.  He's a loose cannon and not even his most intimate handlers can sway him into rationality.  Somebody cancel his Twitter account before he sparks WWIII !!!! lol  Not so lol tho.

Could you imagine him handling the Bay of Pigs crisis like Kennedy?

Reagan helped tear down the Berlin wall and Trump wants to build a similar wall on your southern border?  Should the lower 48 become a gated community like so many exclusive neighbourhoods in richer portions of US cities?

Is exclusivity a righteous goal for a "free" society?

Should us Canucks build a wall to stop all the refugees escaping Trump's dictatorial changes to existing US immigration laws from flooding our southern borders as they are doing now?

The dismantling of environmental protections that is going on under Pruitt's direction will cause untold environmental destruction to bolster a dying coal industry for no reason other than to appease the beloved "uneducated" voters that helped put this ignoramus in the big chair.

I guess I'm not really as much scared shitless as I'm terrified about humanity's chances of surviving Trump's 1st term much less the end of this century.

I lived through and was cognizant of the nuclear threat in the late 50s thru the 80s and was never as scared as I am now and I still don't lose sleep over it.  Que sera-sera as Doris Day sang.  What will be, will be,  The future is not ours to see. :)

Amen lab.  Although the crazy  is  contained for now.  Just a tweet away from  wwiii..i.ll be 

briing the family when we knock at your door when the nukes start flying..

Well it looks like this may be the last post for this season... Quite a bit of amber but still quite a few clear trichomes. Some may get harvested this week. The Blueberry Kush was harvested early in the week. So only 4 plants are laid down..... enough chatter on to the pics.. Some nice colors coming now, night time temps are in the 40's so some color changes....

T-Rex Cross 4

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

And a seed pod...

300x300.jpg

T-Rex Cross 3

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

and more bean pods...

300x300.jpg

T-Rex Cross 2

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

and another seed pod...

300x300.jpg

T-Rex 1

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

The last female standing...

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

And the last seed pod...

300x300.jpg

Next years starts.... Some live Some don't that's how life is...

300x300.jpg

You saved the best pics for last, nice colors for sure. The clones took some casualties, I thought those clone pots were only about 3oz in size, but now there is a reference point from the feet, I see they are much bigger, unless your feet are really tiny lol.

Shadey, The pots are about 3 1/2" X 3 1/2" by 3 inch deep, they are sitting on a bucket so they are elevated about 18" or so above the ground making them look bigger than they are, and yes I do have small feet size 7..... Like I said some live some don't ... It looks like I have some new growth starting on some of them so I'm hoping they root in and revege. They spend most of the day in a light cabinet, but I put them out in the morning and back in at night so they get a few hours of semi darkness.

Thanks for the observations and comment...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Grow_Wizzard said:

The pots are about 3 1/2" X 3 1/2" by 3 inch deep

Thats a good optical illusion.

Like holding a small fish way out in front so it looks like a trophy catch eh! lol

Nice to get a decent harvest after all those hot and demanding days Wiz!  We're already getting into the deep freeze up here tho today has been really nice.  Sunny and almost 50F with much lower winds.  We had our first hard frost almost a month ago and 4 or 5 since so mid Sept is about the end of our growing season from maybe June 7.  We've had snow in early July and frost as early as August 15 so it's a toss-up every year and why I just grow indoors where it's summer every day! :D

As long as you get what you need it's all good! :pass:

On 10/19/2017 at 4:25 PM, LabRat said:

Like holding a small fish way out in front so it looks like a trophy catch eh! lol

Nice to get a decent harvest after all those hot and demanding days Wiz!  We're already getting into the deep freeze up here tho today has been really nice.  Sunny and almost 50F with much lower winds.  We had our first hard frost almost a month ago and 4 or 5 since so mid Sept is about the end of our growing season from maybe June 7.  We've had snow in early July and frost as early as August 15 so it's a toss-up every year and why I just grow indoors where it's summer every day! :D

As long as you get what you need it's all good! :pass:

Yep Lab.... Makin those fish look large..... hahaha... Hey we gotta do it how ever we can get away with it.... I would get cabin fever up there heck I'm still walking around barefoot for the most part...

Well two more were harvested.. Still 2 laid down and the last female standing... Won't be long now... we had our first rain yesterday evening... it's supposed to hit the 90's by Tuesday...... Some of the cuttings seem to be reveging so that tells me they must have roots... Yea already got a start on next years crop..... I love it when that happens....

Some flowers in the sky for you to appreciate....

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

Enjoy.... Peace...

• Like 1

I've often wanted to build a moveable "garage" in the back of my property.  Light weight 10 x 20ft on wheels that from the road would just look like a storage shed.  On the back have barn doors to open then slide the shed forward to expose the plants at say 9am and close it up at 9pm.  Start a bunch of plants indoors for transplant around the middle of May, veg for a few weeks then flower them around the middle of June thru the end of Sept if it takes that long.  Protected at night from early frosts or even rainy days like we get in the fall to help prevent mildew and mold.  I got a propane powered heater I could toss in if needed in case of a killing frost.  Could grow a shitload of bud in a setup like that and mostly just do my breeding etc indoors.

Likely never happen but who knows.

Some pretty girls there man.  Enjoy! :pass:

17 hours ago, LabRat said:

I've often wanted to build a moveable "garage" in the back of my property.  Light weight 10 x 20ft on wheels that from the road would just look like a storage shed.  On the back have barn doors to open then slide the shed forward to expose the plants at say 9am and close it up at 9pm.  Start a bunch of plants indoors for transplant around the middle of May, veg for a few weeks then flower them around the middle of June thru the end of Sept if it takes that long.  Protected at night from early frosts or even rainy days like we get in the fall to help prevent mildew and mold.  I got a propane powered heater I could toss in if needed in case of a killing frost.  Could grow a shitload of bud in a setup like that and mostly just do my breeding etc indoors.

Likely never happen but who knows.

Some pretty girls there man.  Enjoy! :pass:

Lab that sounds like it would work, get some solar lights to be able to extend the light cycle a bit longer if needed, the area would have to be relatively flat and use some good wheels with good tires to hold the weight while it moves. Once moved be able to raise the wheels up so it sits on the ground... Should be a pretty simple build starting with a garden shed...

• Like 1

Well like I said on my earlier post, two more plants were harvested so that leaves two laid down and the last female standing... The season is starting to wind down yet just beginning...... hahahah Let me show you..... hahaha

T-Rex Cross 3

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

T-Rex Cross 4

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

The last female standing....

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

Ok after looking at this plant, most of the white hairs have turned orange, the main cola is so heavy the top is growing sideways, the flowers are fat and solid, she looks to the eye like she is ready to be picked..... This is a classic example of why you need to use a scope and check the trichomes. The trichomes on this plant are clear to milky, very few amber trichomes. Most people would have already harvested this plant if they didn't use a scope... This one and T-Rex cross #4 were both clear to milky with very few amber trichomes. Immature trichomes or lots of clear trichomes can cause anxiety and paranoia so make sure your flowers are mature before you harvest them if you have those conditions...

Now on to Next years starts..... I said when you take cuttings some live, some don't that's life.... Well I have some new growth on some and others showing good signs.... Lets take a look...

300x300.jpg

Out of the 5 pots 4 have plants still green so that is a good sign.... 4 out of 5 still alive... One didn't make it.. A couple of those are the second cuttings cause the first ones died..

300x300.jpg

New light green single leaves, this tells me that this cutting has rooted in and is pushing new growth, the single leaves mean it's revegging. Going back from flower into vegetation stage, it will grow single leaves then 3 fingers once you get 5 finger leaves they are usually out of flower and fully in vege stage.

300x300.jpg

This one too has 3 new single leaves light green, it's rooted in and reveged

300x300.jpg

This one is showing a single new leaf light green small on the left center of the plant, so it looks like it is going to start to revege.

300x300.jpg

This one is still green, not doing much but it was one of the first cuttings I took and it's still green so it looks promising the next week or too will tell if this one will start to revege or just die, I think if it has lived this long it will start to get some new growth soon, this is the blueberry kush cutting so I'm hoping it roots in.

Not much left, but we will see how many make it to be in Next weeks update... Hope you enjoyed this year's show, it was fun showing you all even the lurkers....... hahahaha... Peace....

I am glad that the re veg are trying hard for you, I didnt know about the single leaf growth on re veg, as I have never tried that, I take clones before the plant goes into flower mode. Interesting you say that the trichomes cause anxiety and paranoia if they have not mostly turned amber. I have to see my weed doc in a couple of weeks to renew my prescription and have to fill out 4-5  questionnaires, one of which is about anxiety being experienced when using MM. I will tell him its the LP's harvesting too early that causes it, and see what he has to say about it lol. Their questionnaires are very ambiguous and I always poke holes in them, and tease them about the way their questions and the way the information could be interpreted. They dont seem to care or want to discuss how to make it better, but its fun to annoy them politely as they dont know how to respond, but I do get the odd wry smile from them now and again  :)

One of the first questionnaires I took before going the first time was on alcohol and drug usage, One question asked "how many glasses of alcohol do you drink in a week", I put some stupid number like 873. At the interview he said I am very concerned at the amount of alcohol you drink, do you think you have a problem? I said, no I dont have a problem, your questions have problems, and he pulled a face like WTF, I said I drink low alcohol beer from a shot glass to make it last longer LMAO. He didnt smile.

Edited by Shadey

Shadey, I have reveged a bunch of plants, it's a kind of stress test, the most stressful thing you can do to a plant.  The trichomes thing is something I have personally studied as I can get paranoid and anxiety if the flowers aren't mature enough.  Your doctor won't know much about cannabis usually... Keep messing with them....hahaha... Peace..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grow_Wizzard said:

Your doctor won't know much about cannabis usually.

No they dont, which is why the questions are not very good, so I will point out the immature trichomes, as a possible contributory cause for anxiety, you have expertise in growing and using/testing marijuana and your observations are correct for you and very probably a lot of other people as well, just because you dont wear a white coat and work in a laboratory does not invalidate them.

Well this season is winding down, only one plant remains in the ground, all others are drying or in jars.... Oh yea, the wonderful smells when you burp your jars... One still smells like fresh cut grass with a hint of lemon.... The last female standing is properly named.... She looks ready... But the trichomes are mostly clear to milky a few amber... Most people would have already harvested her but when you use a scope you wait until she is really ready.... enough of my comments here is what you are looking for...

The last female standing

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

Next years starts...

300x300.jpg

That is about all for this year, I expect the last female standing will be harvested this week...

Thanks to all for your comments and activity in this thread..

Next years are looking a lot better now, nice and green,  hopefully you will have them nice and big and ready for next year, when can you plant outside next year, in the state of being, your first post said April was a late start.

Yes April is a late start for me, these were started in September 7 months late... It's about time to transplant into bigger pots, I know they are rooted in now. Give them room to grow... If I can get these to about 3 feet before I lay them down next April they will be monsters...

Thanks for your participation and all your questions and comments. Much appreciated...

• Like 1