Grow_Wizzard

Grow_Wizzard's 2017 Outdoor

Mine works basically the same as yours but has a heavy steel grate. One crank turns the fingers 3x I think while the single, double edged blade spins about 50 or so.  Creates a hell of a suction and will blow any dries bits of leaves right out along with small chunks and even small buds.  A new blade is $100 for crying out loud!

I'd probably be better off with one like yours.

:peace:

• Upvote 1

Well one more female... laid her down... along with the others...

T-Rex Cross 4

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

T-Rex 3

chickens got to her earlier in the week, tore off a couple branches.

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

T-Rex Cross 2

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

T-Rex Cross 1

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

BBK

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

That's all for now they have enjoyed the 111+ heat the last week....

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Grow_Wizzard said:

they have enjoyed the 111+ heat the last week....

111 degrees all ready, whats it going to be like in August :cool: those white poles are you using them to see where the plants are in your jungle or are they doing some sort of LST.

• Upvote 2

This is one of those threads I wish was old, no waiting to see the results then.

The white tubes are irrigation, and the stems just keep getting stuffed under the chicken wire until they start budding?

• Upvote 3

Shadey, yep 110, 111, 112, 113 yesterday started the cooling trend only 106, today 98 and tomorrow 94. The heat wilted my bamboo but it will survive, hard to kill bamboo... Lots of other plants didn't like the heat, lost a few clusters of grapes, despite running the water all day soaking the ground with the hose...

The white PVC are holding the branches down, once the plant spreads wide enough I will let the branches grow up and root in those branches that are on the ground. The main stem will also root in at various nodes, making one plant like 4-5 plants and a giant root bed.

Chicken wire is there to keep out the chickens, I have 3 that I removed the chicken wire and two they have dug up a few times. The chickens think I'm preparing the beds for them... So I use the wire to keep them out...

Thanks for the comment and question.... Peace...

• Upvote 2

Unregistered,

Nice guess, but not, the PVC isn't for irrigation, it's to keep the branches on the ground. I can move them out as the plant grows. Just like the main stem I use garden staples to hold the main stem and branches down then bury certain nodes so they will root in and feed that branch. The main stem also will root in at some nodes. A sea of green with one plant.

Thanks for the comment. Watch these in September and October... They should be giants... To get an Idea look at my 2010 grow...

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Grow_Wizzard said:

once the plant spreads wide enough I will let the branches grow up and root in those branches that are on the ground. The main stem will also root in at various nodes, making one plant like 4-5 plants and a giant root bed.

Cool, that sounds interesting, I wonder how well that would work in a tent with 1 plant and 5 pots.

• Upvote 1

Shadey,  instead of 5 pots use a couple of plastic totes and train each plant like a sea of green... May increase your yield per plant but take longer to veg them before switching them to flower. I tried indoors, I'm in the garden too much and bring the outdoor bugs into the grow room... Also man hasn't been able to create a light with the same spectrum and vibration as the sun. With temps in the 110+ air conditioning, dehumidifiers, fans, etc. all eat up electric $$$$$$ and the sun is free... good luck let me know if you try this method indoors.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Grow_Wizzard said:

instead of 5 pots use a couple of plastic totes and train each plant like a sea of green

yeh, that makes more sense. It wont be for a while if I do. Cheers.

• Upvote 2

Update... Some chicken damage, and another female confirmed and put in the ground, she's small and will be a vertical grow.. enough words,,, on to the pics...

T-Rex Cross 4

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

T-Rex cross 3

300x300.jpg

Notice the branch on the right, notice no branch on the left, Chickens dug up the left side of this plant to find a cool place to rest...

300x300.jpg

This closer and different angle shows the area where the branches were scratched off..

300x300.jpg

T-Rex Cross 2

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

Close up of the main stem and branches, notice the branches are being held down by the PVC

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

T-Rex 1

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

The main stem and branches, again the PVC is holding the branches down

300x300.jpg

A different angle of the whole plant if you look close you can see the main stem between the PVC.

BBKush

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

Once the branches are trained by the PVC I use garden staples to hold the branches down, you can see the main stem and branches in this pic. She will grow up and out from here...

Newest Female found... Decided to put her in the garden behind some holly hocks to see what she does...

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

That's all for now folks..... hope you enjoy the show... Tune in next week same bud time, same bud channel..... Peace...

• Upvote 1

Well it's that time again, had to go out of town for a couple days, flooded the beds before I left. Had some chicken damage, they dug up some of the plant parts, so I had to do some chicken wire reinforcements.  The plants are loving the 110 temps with enough water and feed. Won't be long now before they jump up with the stretch as the light fades off. Well enough BS.. on with the pics....

T-Rex Cross 4

300x300.jpg

found this growing by this plant....

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

T-Rex Cross 3

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

T-Rex Cross 2

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

T-Rex Cross1

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

The last plant standing...hahahah at least the last female planted...

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

The male and an unknown...

300x300.jpg

That's all for now.. hope you enjoy....

• Upvote 3

They are looking good and getting bigger, I have 2 too many in my tent so I am putting them outside on my deck.

• Upvote 2

Shadey, Just hope they don't get too big out there.... I like to hide them in the garden... people will walk right by them not even notice them... Peace

• Upvote 1

How the hell do you survive in those temps Wiz?  I'd be slinging up my dad's old navy hammock in the basement and hiding out down there all day.  It rarely hits 90 here and all I can do is sit, sweat and curse the heat.  I'd take -40C over +40C any day.  -40 is the same at C or F but +40C is 104F and we've only gone over 40 to 42.6C/108F once back in '07 according to my weather station records.  -37C in '09 was the coldest in the last 10 years.

I thought you lived in a more secluded area so you didn't have to worry about eyeballs on your plants so much.  I keep meaning to plant some autos out in my north woods and run a cheap garden hose thru the woods out there for easier watering.  If I planted them in the ground near my septic tank outlet I wouldn't have to water or feed them but the thistles and stinging nettles are thick in that area and huge too. :)

At least our chickens don't wander out into those woods but wee had a small herd of 4 deer out there yesterday.  Almost grabbed my rifle and got me some fresh venison but the wife didn't think it was a good idea. lol

• Upvote 1

Hi Grow_Wizzard.  The pvc thing looks like a real good away to max a single plant's potential.

We usually have at least a few triple digit days here, but high 90s with heat indexes in the 110 range are the norm between June and August or Sept.  So I can relate to your 100+ days...on end.  But 110+, I'm sure, is one of those things you have to live through to understand.

I have questions, if you don't mind, about MJ and the heat.  I presume the weather you're experiencing is a yearly occurrence, not a freak year, and you choose not to move indoors, so your plants must tolerate the heat pretty damn well.  What do you see in terms of plant performance during weather like that?  Does the heat rev up metabolism?  Does it stunt or stall growth?  (I presume not since you said they're gonna be monsters)

I also presume ample water is key.

It's probably not that hot when buds are developing, right?  In my experience, flowering in 95+ temps produces dismal results.

I'm wondering if the indoor grower's mission to keep the temps in the 70s is unnecessary.  At least during veg.

• Upvote 1

On 7/11/2017 at 0:06 PM, LabRat said:

How the hell do you survive in those temps Wiz?  I'd be slinging up my dad's old navy hammock in the basement and hiding out down there all day.  It rarely hits 90 here and all I can do is sit, sweat and curse the heat.  I'd take -40C over +40C any day.  -40 is the same at C or F but +40C is 104F and we've only gone over 40 to 42.6C/108F once back in '07 according to my weather station records.  -37C in '09 was the coldest in the last 10 years.

I thought you lived in a more secluded area so you didn't have to worry about eyeballs on your plants so much.  I keep meaning to plant some autos out in my north woods and run a cheap garden hose thru the woods out there for easier watering.  If I planted them in the ground near my septic tank outlet I wouldn't have to water or feed them but the thistles and stinging nettles are thick in that area and huge too. :)

At least our chickens don't wander out into those woods but wee had a small herd of 4 deer out there yesterday.  Almost grabbed my rifle and got me some fresh venison but the wife didn't think it was a good idea. lol

Lab, you have to adjust, while you think this is hot, I'm an ex-fireman so I get to run around in 110 in shorts and a tee shirt, not full turnouts with a self contained breathing apparatus and bottle strapped to my back walking into a 1000+ degree fire.. So yea it's hot, but relatively not that hot, but getting old I don't adjust to the heat well when it first hits. But after a week of over 105 you get use to it... Oh yea the pool helps, just a 16' round above ground pool but when ya get hot in the garden go dip in the pool and get cooled off. Then back to the garden.... While I don't worry about eyes on my plants, I live in a city neighborhood. I own the vacant lot next to my house. I grow there and keep things low to keep the prying eyes off. Also when you grow low like I do most people don't recognize the plant because it doesn't look like a christmas tree.... I've had seasoned growers walk right past a plant in the garden when I showed them how I grow. Then on the way out I point out the plant in the garden only 50' or less from the street... The key is to give their eyes something pretty to look at that is above everything else. When the sunflowers and hollyhocks are blooming at 6-10 feet that is where the eye is attracted to, when everything below is just green they don't notice a single green plant with white hairs all over it..... hahahaha. I would have got my bow out and had venison... Bow don't make noise to attract neighbors.....hahahaha.... If you are out in the country, throw a few auto's around if someone says anything, heck I haven't weeded that area yet... don't know what that plant is..... hahahaha

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Grow_Wizzard said:

The key is to give their eyes something pretty to look at that is above everything else. When the sunflowers and hollyhocks are blooming at 6-10 feet that is where the eye is attracted to, when everything below is just green they don't notice a single green plant with white hairs all over it...

Now that's what you call, beneficial cover plants  :clap:

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, frmrgrl said:

Hi Grow_Wizzard.  The pvc thing looks like a real good away to max a single plant's potential.

We usually have at least a few triple digit days here, but high 90s with heat indexes in the 110 range are the norm between June and August or Sept.  So I can relate to your 100+ days...on end.  But 110+, I'm sure, is one of those things you have to live through to understand.

I have questions, if you don't mind, about MJ and the heat.  I presume the weather you're experiencing is a yearly occurrence, not a freak year, and you choose not to move indoors, so your plants must tolerate the heat pretty damn well.  What do you see in terms of plant performance during weather like that?  Does the heat rev up metabolism?  Does it stunt or stall growth?  (I presume not since you said they're gonna be monsters)

I also presume ample water is key.

It's probably not that hot when buds are developing, right?  In my experience, flowering in 95+ temps produces dismal results.

I'm wondering if the indoor grower's mission to keep the temps in the 70s is unnecessary.  At least during veg.

Frmrgrl, yea 110 takes a bit to get use to, explained in my response to Lab, to the question, yes we get these temps normally, I've seen 119 here, so it's normal. I don't do indoor because I'm in the garden too much and bring the outdoor bugs into the grow room and that isn't a good thing. Also indoors cost way too much for such little yield. Think if it's 110 outside and you have to run lights, AC, dehumidifier, fans. All that electricity adds up and you still haven't matched the spectrum or vibration of the sun.

How the plants perform outdoors in these temps depends on a lot of different factors. My beds are about 6' long by 4' wide and about 18" to two feed deep. With good loose soil so the water drains off farily quickly. When I flood the beds which is about every 3-5 days usually in the evening after the sun is off the plants.The next day you can almost watch the plants grow. The key to keeping plants thriving in this heat is to keep the main growth in the area where the most transpiration of moisture is. Keeping the plants low keeps the moisture up and helps to cool the plant down. Over 4-6 feet depending on the wind you will loose moisture transpiration. I think the plants actually do better under this heat, and the longer days of sunshine. But I created an environment for them to thrive. I don't think this would transfer indoors. Mainly because you don't have the lumens, spectrum, or vibration of the sun indoors. The dedicated indoor growers have perfected the temps and environment for what they use. I've not seen personally any 5+ pound plants indoors. I've grown and seen numerous 5+ pound plants outdoors. The other issue is when you grow vertically and your plant gets 15+ feet tall, over 10 feet you have lost the transpiration and I've seen top main buds that would have been at least a couple pounds turn to crispy kritters when we got 100+ temps in October which is not uncommon. My buds under 6' never burnt. Other than when I added sea kelp without rinsing it off enough... But that was my error, not nature...They will flower outdoors fine over 100 degrees, as long as you keep the moisture available. Also you don't have the mold to deal with. But we seldom get 110 or above in Oct. Also the light is a lot shorter and the nights cooler. Our over night lows are in the mid 70's to low 80's with 110+ When it gets 100-105 the overnight temps are in the 60's to 70's. Our relative humidity is in the single digits during the day and maybe up to 20% at night. So humidity recovery overnight is ok and helps the plants rest. If growing indoors follow the experts at indoors... I've done some, just enough to decide I don't like to grow indoors. Except to over winter a plant to grow it again next year. Or start cuttings or seeds in the winter.

Thanks for the questions, it will help others learn too. Some good questions. Glad you are enjoying watching my plants grow... I think I have the chicken issue dealt with at least until the plants get a bit bigger... Thanks again.... Peace...

24 minutes ago, Shadey said:

Now that's what you call, beneficial cover plants  :clap:

I call it hiding in plain sight... If you build a fortress people will be curious as to what you are hiding. If everything is there for them to see, they usually don't even notice a different plant especially one that doesn't have stand out colors and flowers like rose, sunflower, and hollyhocks..  And the purple strains don't usually turn purple until the fall when all of the other plants are changing colors too so they blend in then too...Glad you like it...Peace....

• Upvote 1

I get the low profile approach, but what about fall when you've got 5+ pounds of sticky bud growing?  Seems like that might stink a bit.

• Upvote 1

Yea it does stink a bit, but most of the plants are at the back of the lot and when they are only 4-6 feet tall and protected from the wind by a fence the smell doesn't get too strong at the street. And when it does reach the street it's hard to tell where it's coming from.... Usually unless I'm messing with the plants you don't start to smell them until you get close to them. about 10-15 feet from the plants.

Well I think I have the chickens in check now, but some damage is already done.. They are starting to enjoy the high temps and starting to show some growth. Most of them have spread out enough so I'll let them grow up a bit now.

T-Rex Cross 4

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

T-Rex cross 3

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

T-Rex 2

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

T-Rex 1

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

Blueberry Kush

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

The last female standing...hahaha

T-Rex Cross 5

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

And a couple males....

300x300.jpg

That's all for now folks.... Stay tuned,,,,Peace....

• Upvote 1

It's that time again....  for the most part I've kept the chickens in check... they did get into one plant and do a little damage but fixed the wire around the plant and no more issues...

T-Rex Cross 4

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

T-Rex cross 3

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

T-Rex cross 2

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

T-Rex cross 1

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

Blueberry Kush

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

And the last female standing......hahaha

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

That's all for now.... stay tuned for more.... gonna start to get interesting as we loose light and they start forming flowers....

• Upvote 1

looking good, how high do you expect they will get by finish time?

• Upvote 1

dam , i dont no how you guys do it ..temps in triple digits,, flames roaring all around ya's.and yet you guys still put out the bud winners ..looking good buddy ..as always ..those girls gunna jump right up and be nothing but buds..glad to see you are staying out of the flames and the temps not kicking your ass to bad ..i watched the news last week and thought you were a goner for sure ..that chicken wire seems to be helping pretty well..keeps the chickens out atleast ..lol..

i am just getting ready to harvest some old skooll thats suppost to be a cross of the columbian gold and acapulco gold from the 70's..it looked like it had more indica in it then anything ..its about a week or so away from finished but i tried a bud l.ast night with wifey and she and i both thought it has a close taste ..the buzz was very close to the stuff we used to get back in the day..let me no ..i'll send ya a cpl beans ..i owe you so its no big deal..

hope all is well with you and yours ..

stay safe buddy ..

• Upvote 1