CC Forums
Grow_Wizzard

Grow_Wizzard's 2017 Outdoor

Grow_Wizzard    558

Well a late start this year, but better late than never. In my germination thread, I stated I tried to germinate some old beans I had in the drawer. Started in October, and didn't have any luck until April, Well I got 7 of the beans to germinate using various methods. But all of them are from last year's seeds except for 1 Blueberry Kush.

Well I've identified 3 females so far, the Blueberry Kush was a female, and two T-Rex crosses, don't know the crosses because last year I had 3 plants I thought were males, one was a T-Rex, the other two were 1-ACDC X Harlequin X OG Ringo, 2- ValentineX X Harlequin X OG Ringo. Both were supposed to be high CBD strains. Well the ACDC cross was high CBD the ValentineX didn't get the CBD's Those two males pollinated the T-Rex I thought was male but turned female and was highly pollinated.

Well today I laid down the two T-Rex crosses, I laid down the BB Kush a week ago.

300x300.jpg

BB Kush

300x300.jpg

BB Kush

300x300.jpg

Last pic of BB Kush

Well it would only let me post 3 pics, will have to continue....

• Upvote 2

Grow_Wizzard    558

And the last T-Rex Cross 2

full.jpg

T-Rex Cross 2

full.jpg

That's all for today... Stay tuned for more of your favorite programs.....Peace....

• Upvote 2

Ganjajuana    191

Good luck Wiz! I am so jelly of you guys that can grow out doors. Looks like the chicken wire works for both, training and keeping the vermin out?

:peace:

• Upvote 2

weedmen    423

all eyes buddy ..liking the fence added this yr ..i seen you mention you had trouble witrh some animals getting after them ..ground scrog .. lol..

stay happy and high my old friend ..

always a pleasure watching you do your thing in the great outdoors..

• Upvote 2

Grow_Wizzard    558

Ganjajuana, the chicken wire is just to keep the chickens off of them. Everywhere I do any gardening they think it's their new diggs. The first one I laid down the chickens almost dug it up so I will train them to stay away from them until the plants are big enough that the chickens can't bother them... Thanks greatly for the comment... One day everyone will be allowed to grow this plant anywhere they can without any government intrusion... Seem crazy I can grow vegetables all I want but grow the wrong plant and they call you a criminal...Peace...

• Upvote 2

Grow_Wizzard    558

Weedmen, Ground scrog is where it's at.... What I do best hahahaha.....Thanks for the comments old friend... Keep watching things are popping up all over...hahaha.... Peace....

• Upvote 1

Grow_Wizzard    558

Well it hasn't been a week but I was out in the yard with my phone and decided to take some pictures.... The girls seem to love being laid down... They are greening up and growing... The first pics have a couple yellowing leaves.... growing in pots outside when the temps are in the high 90's F. causes the roots to heat up and the plants don't really like it.....hahahah... But that all changes when you put them in the ground...... 

T-Rex cross2

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

T-Rex Cross 1

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

Blueberry Kush

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

This last pick is kinda sideways, the top of the plant is to the right o the pic... She's starting to branch out nicely...:Hope you enjoy the show it's just beginning....hahaha... Peace.....

• Upvote 2

Grow_Wizzard    558

I have 5 that haven't shown sex yet... I believe 1 is female, the other 4 are males..... Once they show positively I will post some pics Of course the best males will be kept to pollinate specific branches of the females... These just got out of 48 hours of dark... so I hope they get jump started to show sex...

full.jpg

• Upvote 1

Unregistered    169
1 hour ago, Grow_Wizzard said:

The first pics have a couple yellowing leaves.... growing in pots outside when the temps are in the high 90's F. causes the roots to heat up and the plants don't really like it.....hahahah... But that all changes when you put them in the ground......

1 hour ago, Grow_Wizzard said:

full.jpg

Shade pots... bigger containers to put those inside so they don't get baked. Lots of water also seems to ease the stress.

• Upvote 2

Grow_Wizzard    558

Unregistered.... Thanks for the tips, these are in transition, once sexed the males will be separated and put in a place where they won't pollinate the females until I selectively pollinate the females....

• Upvote 2

Grow_Wizzard    558

Ok update time... I was able to confirm another female, so she got her place in the garden. This one will be T-Rex Cross3 because I don't know which strain it was crossed with.

T-Rex 3

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

T-Rex 2

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

T-Rex 1

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

BB Kush

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

This week it cooled off and we've had rain the last 3 days just scattered clouds and showers.... Sun hot clouds up rains a bit and the clouds move on and sun comes out again... The plants are loving it.. The ground is wet and I haven't had to water the garden at all.. Love a late spring shower.... This usually means we are headed for the 110 temps.... so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.... hahaha... Peace all.. Enjoy the show..

• Upvote 3

weedmen    423

almost july already ..looks like another wonderful season on grow-wizzard farm..always keeping true to the craft of growing ..way to go bro ..the girls are all looking great ..

• Upvote 2

Grow_Wizzard    558

Thanks Weedmen, the warm temps are starting to hit, 111 today. They love the temps with enough water...You snuck in here early... Come back soon to see the next update....

• Upvote 2

Grow_Wizzard    558

Update....

T-Rex Cross 3

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

T-Rex Cross 2

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

T-Rex Cross 1

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

BB Kush

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

These all just got watered before I took the pictures so if they look a little funny that is why. They all really liked being laid down, good growth and greening up nicely. I've had to pin the main stem and branches down quite a bit, they will root in soon and then they will start the stretch..... Stay tuned for more updates...

• Upvote 4

weedmen    423

i see the west side is drenched in high temps ..you and the girls stay hydrated..oh how we long for the dog days of summer in dec and feb ..lol..looking good buddy ..i am always just over here and peeking in to see how you are doing ..stay safe and red in the eyes ..

• Upvote 2

Grow_Wizzard    558

Shadey, Thank you for the kind words, check out my other grows.... I try to update once a week so there is a way to see all the stages of growth. So check back in a week or so and there will be some updated pics. I use some of my older grows to see how far along and what stage of growth they are in this year versus other years. These girls were kept under lights and in small pots for quite a while. When they went into the ground they responded nicely. Thanks again for your kind words...

• Upvote 1

Grow_Wizzard    558

Weedmen, yea the west side has warmed up.... and you are correct in dec-feb we are wishing it was warm...now we wish it was cool.... But I like the heat... The girls do too as long as I keep them watered.... Flooded the beds good on Thursday had to go out of town, the wife watered and fed on Saturday... I flooded the beds again tonight so they will be reaching for the sun..... It was 109 on Saturday, 111 on Sunday, 110 today. Indoor guys say they stop growing over 95, I guess that is because it's a contained environment and they lack the spectrum and lumens of the sun..... These real hot days is where I see most of the big growth... Before the stretch anyway... Thanks for always giving me a shout, it is much appreciated..... I see lots of views on the page and only you and a couple others commenting.... Just found 2 more females so I will have 2 more to lay down... one is still real small, don't expect too much from her... But the other is about as big as the others I already laid down when they were laid down so she should take off nicely... Will update the pics next week... Thanks again buddy keep your eyes red.... and your rolling fingers limber.......hahaha or grab a pipe...... Stay safe brother...

• Upvote 2

weedmen    423

i hear ya ..remember the days when you would have 3 pages of comments or post of folks coming by ..every day there was new folks showing up and starting their own grows , asking questions and dreaming of a huge harvest ..lol..sorry a little melancholy these days ..haha...

looking forward to see your updates ..

• Upvote 2

Grow_Wizzard    558

Yea my 2010 grow was a new adventure every day or at least a few times a week. Now lucky to get one comment in a week... I do this so I have a place to compare one grow to another. And to give something for all of those lurkers to look at...hahaha.... Some of my grows have been pitiful looking and low yielding grows, but the lurkers still watch... I think it might be Gubberment spies.....hahahaha.... Thanks again buddy for your comments....

• Upvote 2

LabRat    905

I for one am guilty of not posting much.  Pretty discouraged with the lack of support from the owners of this forum the last 8 years or so.  The webmaster has to get approval for everything she does here and obviously can't get money to spruce it up a bit.  I'm going to see if I can get access so I can replace the missing graphics and actually fix things up around here.  With Budder gone I'm about the only one mopping up spammers and dealing with the other crap around here.  Not a lot to do but spammers would take over in a week if they weren't banned and had their posts removed.  57 from one guy in 20 min one night a week ago.  Was going to see if he would make 100 before noticing his posts were disappearing behind him. :D

Whine over. :)

Looks like you're off to a good start Wiz!

Now if the weather, bugs and rippers all cooperate you should pull a decent harvest.

Wife has to fence her veggie gardens to keep the damn chickens from ripping everything up too until everything gets big enough.  The she lets them in to take care of a lot of bugs and little weeds.  40 of them can clean up a lot of crap and aerate the soil too so they earn their keep.  Sells enough eggs to pay for their feed tho they got to lay a lot more to pay off the new coop and run. :D

Just cropping my room full of plants and so sick of trimming I want to toss it all in a big pot with a couple gallons of oil and cook it all up.  Benn spending a lot of time researching how that is done and it looks like a great way to save time and my arthritic fingers this harvest.  6 down and 22 to go. :(

• Upvote 2

Grow_Wizzard    558

Lab, sorry I don't have the time right now to help eliminate spammers.. I know it can be frustrating... Especially when the site owners don't care what goes on and barely fund the site to keep it going.

Thanks for commenting, the girls are starting to take off nicely. They love this heat... Do you have a salad bowl spin trimmer? it's all I use, doesn't get them dispensary ready but gets them good enough for me... It's also quick and easy.. Best investment I've made... They work real good too... Had mine since 2011...Saves the fingers and hands. I feel ya on the chickens... They keep attacking my beds must be good stuff in there...hahaha...

Again thanks for the kind words... Peace

• Upvote 1

LabRat    905

Not that many spammers and they're not that hard to get rid of.  Was just feeling cranky after one of my nap attacks. :)

I got a TrimPro Unplugged last fall when I had cash to spare but it doesn't work well with fresh buds.  Unless you trim off most of the bud leaves it just bends them over and sticks them to the buds and they don't get snipped off.    A bit more snipping and the buds are perfect so I'll just trim the nicest ones and toss all the rest into the freezer for making pot infused oils with and save lots of time that way.  Quite disappointed and out $300.  That was at 1/2 price as it was used a bit and the original owner cut 4 - 2" holes in the bottom of the catch pan so it could sit on a larger container to catch trim.  $200 for a new one but I just cut a circle out of parchment paper to lie on the bottom so that's no big deal.  Was my regular hydro guy so I'm hoping I can get store credit for it at least as I'll spend that much there in the next 6 months or so anyway.  I really want a CO2 controller so maybe I can put it towards that.

unplugged-big.jpg

Grow_Wizzard    558

LabRat, I don't know how that one works. So I can't comment on it, the one I have is like this:

300x300.jpg  300x300.jpg  300x300.jpg

Below the grate on the 3rd picture is a washer with 4 wires welded on it, that is the blade, the big thing in the center is a 40:1 gear reduction so one spin on the top crank turns 40 on the washer with the wire on it. The top has rubber fingers that turn and move the flowers to get a good even trim. The one I have is the older model that is all stainless steel. This only works on fresh bud, if the bud is dried it doesn't work well. I process the flowers in this and then hang in mesh drying racks to dry before they go into the jars to cure. I really like mine, this one is $99 on zenhydro.com. I think I paid around $300 for mine. But this one looks plastic and i don't know how that will hold up over the years... Mine came with 40 spare blades and I only have replaced a couple. If you like to trim fresh, this one is the way to go...

Thanks for the conversation if other lurkers read this they can get educated.....hahahaha.... Peace...

• Upvote 1