bfaulkner1986

Hallucinatiions from Phoenix Tears- Help

Hello, My mother was recently diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and is given a few months to live. Due to her wishes, she is not exploring chemo or any other options. We did however convince her to try Phoenix Tears. We bought the capsules from a local dispensary, and last night she took one capsule of the lowest dose. She experienced hallucinations. It will be difficult to convince her to try again without reassurance there will be no psychoactive effect. Is there a way of doing this? I know trying a smaller dose is a good option, but I may need more than that to convince her. I have heard Orange Juice would work. I read that citicoline couter acts the psyioactive effects of the Thc. Is cbd completely free of that effect? Any advice is apprecitated, Thank you

• Upvote 1

High bfaulkner and Welcome to CC.

Sorry to hear about your mom.  Mine turns 90 in Aug if she makes it.  She isn't suffering like yours tho just old age catching up.

Other than maybe taking her dose just before she goes to sleep might work but I've never heard of anything that you can take with it to lessen the high.  Something made with CBD should help or taking CBD caps with the RSO to tone it down.  I got some pot that was 2:1 CBD/THC and it was great for my arthritis and depression when made into a coconut oil extraction.  Has all the same stuff as RSO plus the CBD.  The high is a lot like being a bit drunk and I really liked it.

What is the dose per cap?  Anything over 10mg is going to get a rookie pretty messed up.

Hopefully someone else has an idea or two for you. 

:peace:

9 hours ago, LabRat said:

What is the dose per cap?  Anything over 10mg is going to get a rookie pretty messed up.

I don't have access to MMJ, or any kind of legal MJ, so I have no clue what kind of user education is out there, but medibles should come with a little preparatory material before one swallows a capsule or 2.  Ingested THC is more psychoactive than inhaled THC because the liver metabolizes it to 11-hydroxyTHC which is something like 4x more psychoactive than delta 9.  So start with the lowest dose possible, because once it comes on, it came be a white knuckle ride for a long, long time.  And people respond to that quite differently.  In my experience, most absolute rookies that experience hallucinations or panic attacks (pretty common) won't even try another medible.  And that's a shame, because there are good meds out there that make you comfortable, and not cruising at 30,000 ft. or zombified.  

As always, LabRat steered you in the right direction.  Be a label reader.  In addition to all the stuff that CBD does, it also tempers the effects of THC.  With a cocktail that contains twice as much CBD as THC, your mom can be comfortable, and enjoyably buzzed.

Good luck convincing your mom.  (seriously, not sarcastically)

Consider a titrating session.  If there is data on the label that states the actual THC and CBD content in mg, I would look at the THC content and figure out whether or not you can deliver a dose of medicine that contains 2.5 -ish mg of THC.  Oils may be easier than capsules for this, but once you know the dose, and she gains some experience, you'll be able to intelligently shop for other forms of medicine.  Start with 2.5 mg, and reassess in 30 min., if there are no effects felt, take another 2.5 mg dose and reassess in 30 min., if there are no effects felt, repeat the 2.5 mg dose and reassess in 30 min, etc until your mom is in a comfortable place.  Add up the total dose she took, and have her try 75% of that the next time she medicates.  If after 30 min, she feels she needs more, she can always take the remaining 25%.  If you can convince her to try again, this approach can help build trust as she learns that she has control over the 'demon weed', rather than the other way round.

• Upvote 1

so sorry to hear about your mom ..its never easy to deal with and when its mom , it can be as hard as it gets ..hang in there ..stay strong and just let her know you are just trying to help and that you are there for her know matter what ..

as far as geting mom to try it again .i would try something that has just cbd's in it ..its much more relaxing and its kind of like taking a valium.. just a nice plesant feeling ...

i make my own rso.. i only use a dose about the size of a grain of rice at a time ..the idea behind rso is to slowly increase the amount of the dose over time ..till you hit a  certain level ..the capsols may have been ment for someone at a very high level .

as already mentioned cbd levels should be high to help with calming and the benefits of high cbd is really were the medical benefit  of the oil is ..you can get just cbd oil without thc in it ..a higher level cbd then thc will give a more relaxed feeling as lab mentioned and a little sleepy or drunk feeling should be what you would feel ..they sell candys and other edibles with just cbd in them and alot of them i beleive are made from hemp which has very little to know thc in it as a plant..

i agree there should be more warning on some of the stuff out there made at high potency and should be taken with that in mind ..no one wants to punish someone who is already suffering from cancer or any other medical problum ..alot of whats out there as far as rso and edibles are made with the idea of the high being the wanted effects and just like any person chasing a high they want the stuff that gets you as high as possible ..which isnt even that great for a person who uses mj at a high level and believes they can handle most edibles or high levels of thc strains that are availible these days .

.the problum with making a good oil is that we want to get the benefits from all the availible cbd's and thc that will help as meds..so i use 3 diffrent strains to get a good level . what i mean is each strain has a diffrent level of certain cbds or thc that another strain maybe lacking in . so to make sure my oil has all the cbd's that you would want in a med , i make my oil from 3 diffrent strains ..i think alot of folks out there that are making oil for sale in shops are using what they would use to make edibles that a person wanting the high would be looking for and not the person just wanting them as meds and not really  concerned with the high ..so the strains they are using are much higher in thc .

.get mom to try a cbd only gummy bear and she may feel a lot diffrent about it .

.rso as a cure for cancer has to be taken in small doses and brought to a higher level over a period of time and is very taxing on a person once they get to a high level . this is because they have to maintain the high level for a period of time ..it will make even the person who can handle high amounts of thc very tired and even bed ridden durring the period of high levels ..the psycho active thc part is also needed as part of the cure and alot of folks just cant handle that for long periods , so most stop before they get there ..its a shame , but i believe they will figure out soon away so it can be used and not be so hard on a person who is already dealing with cancer . now that it has been made legal to a p[oint that real studys can be done on it ..

good luck , i hope you can get mom some releaf . god bless you and your mom ..

Thank you for the responses,

As we felt an urgency to get going, we may have rushed things and didn't do enough homework. The dispensary we used did not really provide much information. I am away from home until tomorrow, and both my mom and dad are very inexperienced with cannabis. He said there was no label or info provided. When I get home tomorrow I will be able to investigate more about the dosage. I have since been in contact with a much better dispensary with a staff member who's husband experienced the exact same thing. I have a meeting set up with her on Saturday.

As for cbd's, most of the research I have done online says it has no psychoactive effect at all. Is that true or does it have some effect?

Thanks again

Hi Bfaulkner,

My experience using CBD with no THC, there is no psychoactive effect. I dont ingest at the moment just Vape. The effect it gives me is like when you have an afternoon nap and over sleep, I have a dozy very relaxed feeling of just wanting to go back to sleep, which is why I use it in the evenings rather than during the day. It gives me a great nights sleep, sometimes in the morning after waking, if I have over done it due to higher pain levels, I feel a little groggy, sometimes I get a very slight headache but that could be from my neck problem. As far as getting any kind of buzz from it, no. The Rick Simpson oil for use with cancer recommends THC to kill the cancer off but CBD will help as well. CBD is mostly used to fight pain and inflammation and a lot of other helpful things we don't recognize yet, although cancer is a direct cause of inflammation in the body. Removing refined sugars from her diet  will also slow the cancer down, as it feeds on refined sugars and it is one of the major inflammation drivers. Protein causes a more acidic body which cancer likes as well as low oxygenation. So a more vegetarian diet and a little exercise, if manageable, can go a long way to helping as well. Also supplementing with vitamin D3 and vitamin K2 helps as well, the K2 helps D3 absorption. D3 is the control for cell communication so they know when to switch off and die. Every one who lives 200 miles from the equator needs Vit D3 supplementation as they do not get enough sunlight exposure.

I have read that using capsules of oil as a suppository or syringing it in is better for absorption, going straight into the blood system, bye passing the liver and its metabolizing effects which create the higher psychoactive problem.

Hope your mum gets better soon.