I'm a greenhorn to growing don't know muc

LabRat    905

She's looking pretty sexay!

:peace:

• Upvote 1

Shadey    241
10 hours ago, Steveo2690 said:

Buds are are starting swell a little bit

If your plant is producing bud lower down on the plant you might want to take off the big fan leaves around the lower branches to let the light in their it also makes the plant push more energy into the bud making process. Check out Youtube there is lots of stuff on trimming plants that are starting to bud.

• Upvote 1

Unregistered    169
On 2017-07-23 at 5:49 AM, Shadey said:

If your plant is producing bud lower down on the plant you might want to take off the big fan leaves around the lower branches to let the light in their it also makes the plant push more energy into the bud making process. Check out Youtube there is lots of stuff on trimming plants that are starting to bud.

Apparently lots (maybe all) Europeans thought the world was flat at one point - so lots of YouTube videos shouldn't carry much weight as an argument. Getting more light to the buds will make a difference (that's an easy experiment to do); but removing fan leaves that are not shading anything is reducing the plants ability to gather light, and anything I've seen or read about defoliating amounted to speculation with some pseudo-scientific-sounding hand waving.

@Steveo2690, given the title of this thread...

I suggest growing the nicest looking, healthiest, plant you can.

Then do it a couple more times before checking out any special techniques.

• Upvote 1