CC Forums
Steveo2690

I'm a greenhorn to growing don't know muc

Unregistered    169

I've heard that over watering is the #1 cause of dead plants among new growers... let the top bit of soil dry out before watering to mitigate that, it will also help control fungus gnats since they reproduce in that zone.

Good Luck!

• Upvote 2

Steveo2690    36

Thanks wish I can post the pic of the seedling the cotleydons are pointing up and the serated leave are straight out using ocean forest soil with extra perlite hope it does good.

• Upvote 1

Steveo2690    36
19 minutes ago, Steveo2690 said:

Thanks wish I can post the pic of the seedling the cotleydons are pointing up and the serated leave are straight out using ocean forest soil with extra perlite hope it does good.

image.jpg

• Upvote 2

LabRat    905

High Stevo and welcome to CC!

Looks fine for a new seedling.  Those peat pots suck tho.  Dry out from the sides really fast and tend to go moldy if kept too wet.  Try to find a plastic container that it would fit snugly into, yogurt container would be fine, punch a few holes in the bottom of the plastic then rip the bottom open on the peat pot and drop in the plastic pot.  When you eventually repot the plant just pop the peat pot out and drop the whole thing into it's new home.  It will break down and become part of the rootball.

:peace:

• Upvote 1

Steveo2690    36

High lab thanks for the tip I apperciate it he or she will be placed in a one to two galloon plastic pot I bought at the dollar tree pre drilled holes bigger 😎.

• Upvote 1

Unregistered    169

A lone seed in a bud of otherwise seedless pot is likely to produce a female plant, because the pollen most likely came from a male flower that popped out of the same plant... but it could have also come from a prior breeding experiment that wasn't cleaned up properly, or the neighbors grow, etc., so there is no guarantee it will even be Cherry Pie Kush.

• Upvote 2

Steveo2690    36

Okay cool thanks for the info man I can't wait for the results I'm excited too see what happens male or female I will still be a happy mofo since it's my first time I really apperciate all the advice too cheers stay medicated.

• Upvote 1

Unregistered    169

Pistils are the white hairs, which grow out of the teardrop shaped calyx, which are parts of the female flower.

Clusters of balls would be male flowers.

• Upvote 1