midnightMix

Legalization - 4 plant per household

13 posts in this topic

So there is speculation that there will be a 4 plant limit per household for non medical users.

I find this silly considering that depending on the strain/genetics of the plant you choose to grow, you may be able to produce in excess of a pound per plant.

This 4 plant limit seems pretty silly and don't get me wrong I am not complaining, I just find it funny.

Screen-Shot-2015-02-20-at-4.01.37-PM.png

Four plants is the scuttlebutt and we should find out tomorrow for sure if that's what they are going ahead with as the start the legislative process to re-legalize pot.  Supposedly they are going to officially announce the plan April 10.

Not all of us can grow a plant like that one outside tho so four plants isn't much for an indoor grow and if it's for the whole household it's very limiting especially if that's four plants total and not four flowering plants.  We have 3 adults living here so four per adult would be a lot better.

I've heard no mention about what's up for medical patients yet.  As long as I can still grow what my med card allows at 8g/day it won't bother me.  I can survive with a 40 plant limit quite nicely.

Just because they plan to have it all done by July 1 next year doesn't mean that's what will happen.  The legislation still has to wend it's way through the various houses before it becomes law and that doesn't always go the way the government plans.

In the mean time thousands of people will still get tangled up in legal problems because they won't bother telling the cops to stand down on busting people for even simple possession. :(

:peace:

I beleive they are going  to recommend a 100cm limit on plants. Just over 3 feet... 

That means you're gonnna have to grow em on their side. :tongue:

Police services across Canada want no rec growing what so ever truth be told. This is what they are lobbying for.

Is the primary reason they're trying to limit the growing so they can keep on top of the business side? 

Salutations,

Quite frankly i can't watch TV late news and resist the urge to zap the split-second they start brain-washing our average gullible populace...  Like nobody can see strategic manipulations behind the selections of wording, etc.

It's all a fake, no room for fair justice, official excuses nor any future compensation.  Oh great, yeah in theory some lucky guys living in a Toronto or Vancouver tower will get all the options!  M'yeah...  Too bad we most certainly lost the sense of doing it for *ALL* cannabians at some point along the process as i'm still waiting for financial talk over the most basic matters, as on how much it has cost us in 2016 to continue "saving" the children of planet Itnoc the way Harper did before, etc.  Or i'd at least appreciate Trudeau dealing with his own peculiar 1923 Liberal legacy, or his thoughs on what his deceased brother Michel would have to say of this whole bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionist mamoth project sold as "legaleezation", with Québec/francophones practically excluded from all talks and decisions.  Etc.. etc.

Anyway i calculated the cost of prohibition for CBD oil alone gravitates high above the stratosphere at around 99900 % net, all expenses paid including taxes...  How is that supposed to protect society?!  Honestly i got to wonder, TV news are just silent on topics as that.  Go figure, now we can't trust doctors who started it in the victorian age, the politicians who moved it from one government level to the next until the League of Nations declared war to "Indian Hemp" in 1925 - but nobody remembers...  The police armed forces, pharmacists, even the therapists...  With information holes that large i'm as good as any of their journali$ts selling yellow paper, it's all too clear What You See Is NOT What You'll Get, i believe.  For example i noticed the ellusive "incidental" word started to translate as "possession simple" (in french) rencently.  That's to be expected to imply that those of us who like their "mari-caca" cured will be criminals because a jar of non-consumable "shit" still counts as the real thing and a jar "rotation" happens to be required unless they want me to choke until i shall bleed internally (vilification is their prefered hobby).  In addition one has to wonder why we still don't see CBD-based tobacco substitutes around, etc.

Briefly put i never seen sufficient motives to trust Justin Trudeau has changed since he voted WITH Harper on mandatory prison sentences for growing a handful plants.  Worse, the real control lies within our national institutions at the hand of non-elected "expert$" and it's all been "installed" extensively or we'd know by now what the 6 CDSA changes of 2016 were all about, for example, etc., etc.  Unfortunately no good lawyer wants to work for free - ansi soit-il!!

For all i can tell so far many generations to come will suffer the same type of intimidation, stigmatism and even predatory persecution that prevailed since the war on drugs was imported from down south.  Children will be kidnapped without showing up in statistics i presume, money and goods will be stolen in same fasion i guess, etc., etc.  Because so far we still haven't seen what's needed to be seen in Ottawa:  natural respect for starters.

TV serves to flood/immerse us with images of people consuming alcohol in fine glassware instead of drinking boose direct from the bottleneck, so why if it's about us then we always fall on a same tiresome brain-dead sample of Victorian-age propaganda, made of "stoners"/"droÿés" trying to "overdose" on the pyrolysis of vegetal tissue mixed with glue and a hint of cannabis - as if we didn't know pregnenolone makes the "overdose" term questionable, to say the least.  Not to mention there's a major contradiction between a substance that "kills" youth brain cells and one which USA actually patented as neuro-protector!!

So...

M'well, maybe there's people feeling up to celebrate, i don't.  Hearing our journalists blauntly/obviously boosting TrudeauMania felt anxiogenic at best (gave me the creeps), i suppose!...

Good luck everyone.

Good day, have fun!!  :peace:

On 4/9/2017 at 8:54 PM, 6k_ said:

I beleive they are going  to recommend a 100cm limit on plants. Just over 3 feet... 

That means you're gonnna have to grow em on their side. :tongue:

You are correct, they are limiting plant heights to 100cm

Obviously with existing techniques like LST or SCROGs this limit is pointless.

I assume it is meant to stop people from having 18ft weed trees in their backyards.

22 hours ago, midnightMix said:

You are correct, they are limiting plant heights to 100cm

Obviously with existing techniques like LST or SCROGs this limit is pointless.

I assume it is meant to stop people from having 18ft weed trees in their backyards.

I'm thinking that an 18' runner style plant at 2' high would be treated no differently than an 18' tall plant, and would expect LEO to start measuring the length of each cola's stem and adding them up in a SCROG and the like situations. 4x 1' colas = 1x 4' plant <shrug>.

The number of plants allowed and how tall they can be is irrelevant if you are only allowed to have a small amount... what's the point of harvesting pounds if you are only allowed to possess or store ounces, eh.

2 hours ago, Unregistered said:

The number of plants allowed and how tall they can be is irrelevant if you are only allowed to have a small amount... what's the point of harvesting pounds if you are only allowed to possess or store ounces, eh.

there's no limit on home growing with the 4 plants as far as I am aware or can find in the Liberal's bills that they put out.

The only limit for non-medical consumption is that you cannot be in public with more than 30g.

So technically you can have a ton of weed in your house and nobody would care except maybe people who want to smoke some.

Yet medical users have restrictions on the number of plants, carry amount, and a limit on how much we can store.

It'll be nice if the last one gets removed or made irrelevant, but, c'mon.... this house you've stuffed full of weed you're claiming to have grow: do the cops just take your word for it, is an empty container and a light bulb gonna be enough to convince them it's all homegrown for personal use, or is it more likely they will consider the max a med grower who is allowed 4 plants can store to be the max anyone growing 4 plants can store - after all, med users can potentially grow more plants.

There  is a formula, it works out to: 2g/day = 10 plants = 450g stored

Being allowed 4 plants is like every household gets up to 0.8g/day of prescription without needing to see a doctor or registering to get access. I would expect that once they find over 180g they are going to ask about the prescription, same as will happen if you are caught with >30g in public.

I don't think it matters whether you grow your 4 plants vertically, horizontally or in ever increasing circles if the plant measures more than a hundred cm in length its illegal. How many branches a plant has up to 100 cm in length, is irrelevant. So just keep topping them branches as early as possible.

Salutations MidnightMix,

On 09/04/2017 at 11:12 AM, midnightMix said:

...speculation that there will be a 4 plant limit per household for non medical...

Am i the only person to have felt it was most particular to define the limit as a function of a person's place, e.g. the consumer's civic address...  more specifically, the power electric "intelligent" meter?...

And of course our failed law shall remain assymetrical when it comes to having alcohol and/or tobacco indoors - now imagine with a kid around!

Good day, have fun!!  :peace:

12 hours ago, Unregistered said:

There  is a formula, it works out to: 2g/day = 10 plants = 450g stored

right, with my 3g/day I can have 15 plants and 675g stored on site. This works for me.