DontTakeMeGanja

My 1st Jack the Ripper grow

26 posts in this topic

So started with 10 seeds only 4 came up, not the besr germination rate but as long as i get a female its all good. One of the seedlings has yet to shed the seed shell shoild i just let it be or can i help it.

thumbnail_IMG_20170204_175435_982.jpg

It's a delicate operation but you can carefully take it off if you have steady hands and good eyesight.  Just make sure not to lift it at all or you will tear all the fine root hairs off and stunt or maybe kill the sprout.  I hold it gently with one hand then use a dental pick to pry the clamshell apart.  Spritzing it with water softens the join and that may be enough for it to shed the shell on it's own and at least will make it easier to pry it apart.

I just sprouted 50 beans and had to help 15 or more get open.

Good luck!

:peace:

the shell seems to be opening on its own but looking at one of them it looks like it died not sure why...

thumbnail_IMG_20170204_212720_395.jpg

Your soil is really wet and I'm wondering how warm and humid you are keeping them.  Too much heat and humidity can cause damping off and they look like that.  I use the same pots and promix to root mine in.

It does look like a goner tho. :(

Them babies color don't look good at all. What kind of dirt are you using? Does it have any nutrients in it?

Edited by Ganjajuana

Some live, some die, some sprout, some don't, that's growing anything... hahaha When all else fails, plant more seeds....hahaha

I'm keeping it around 70 and its just in the open air not in a dome. Its just in Seedling starter soil. Also ive just been watering with a mist bottle wasnt really trying to soak them but maybe I'll lighten up

Edited by DontTakeMeGanja

On 2/5/2017 at 1:40 AM, DontTakeMeGanja said:

I'm keeping it around 70 and its just in the open air not in a dome. Its just in Seedling starter soil. Also ive just been watering with a mist bottle wasnt really trying to soak them but maybe I'll lighten up

On 2/5/2017 at 1:40 AM, DontTakeMeGanja said:

So Im a lil more Setup got my Urban Grow Tent 96"x48"x80" $180, 600w Vivosun light $160

When you repot those little seedlings bury the stems an inch as they have stretched out too much and won't want to stand up on their own.  Going to need more to fill up that nice new tent. :)

they stem wont rot if i bury it that much?

It shouldn't.  They usually will sprout roots around the buried stem.  When mine first come up I flick them around with my finger tip to toughen up the stem.  Having an oscillating fan blowing them around works too but tends to dry the soil out really fast.  A fan blowing steady right at them is not a good idea.

Bet you're eager to see that tent full of greenery eh. ;)

Yea I have the Oscillating fan on then when the light is on it shuts off at night. Lights are 18/6 about 18" above planes avg temp 75 F. I've had my new light on for light a day already and they still arent ready to harvest, WTF i want my money back -_-

HI DTMG. Yeah it sounds like your light is bad. You should have some colas frosting up by now. :D

But seriously, nice setup. Your in good hands with the LabRat watching on. I would consider a CFL bulb or two for starting small seedlings. You can keep them close enough to prevent stretching. Then put them under the big light after a week or so.

They may be stretchy but they look healthy. You got this!

So i transplanted them to 2 gal bags Pro mix soil with worm castings and a lil extra pealite.they look a lil sad it could just be a lil shock from the move?3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

oh and the 3rd pic thats the JTR where the shell had a lil trouble coming off those leafs never rly looked right and the 1st pic is Kush mass fem

Jack 1 looks good jack 2 is still twisted as fuck and the kush mass is looking good a bit of a curl to one leaf

jack 2.jpg

jack 1.jpg

jack2 2.jpg

kush mass.jpg

Looking good so far!

some more pics, All 3 together the mutant #2 close up i tied it down plucked a cpl leafs and tucked some lots of growth shooting out of it, and Kush Mass thinking of taking the 1st clone off of it cutting to the left of the yellow line what do u think?

all.jpg

clone.jpg

2.jpg

OK so time for update, Tent Filling up got my new light

tent.jpg

jungle.jpg

Had some Issues but seems to be leveling off, Under the LED u see 9 Panama RED 4 kush cuttings just taken, now moved to floresant 6 Early pearls and a few clones that have rooted and are starting to grow.  Also close up of JTR 1leaf, the Kust mass and JTR1. The kush Mass was fem and showing signs that its female, JTR! is female and im pretty sure JTR2 is male

ouch.jpg

new LED.jpg

kush yellow.jpg

jack1.jpg

On 3/9/2017 at 11:25 PM, DontTakeMeGanja said:

some more pics, All 3 together the mutant #2 close up i tied it down plucked a cpl leafs and tucked some lots of growth shooting out of it, and Kush Mass thinking of taking the 1st clone off of it cutting to the left of the yellow line what do u think?

clone.jpg

When taking cuttings you really want a node to be at the base of the cut stem so you should try to cut a little further down.  Roots seem to sprout better at the point the little side branch would grow.

On 2/15/2017 at 8:46 PM, DontTakeMeGanja said:

got my Urban Grow Tent 96"x48"x80" $180,

Where did you buy your tent from thats a good price for the size.