Sassyfemme

Sassy is back doing her thing - outdoor, sungrown organics 2017

Love the before and after pics, outdoor I grow almost manicured flowers, save those leaves to make oil out of. The flowers will start getting real heavy and oily now... I bet your yard smells divine... Airflow through the plant is critical during this time of year to prevent mold. I heard of dipping the freshly cut flowers in a solution of hydrogen peroxide to help eliminate mold during the drying stage.  I usually don't have mold problems so I don't worry about that.... They are looking happy... A lot of growers around here use the hog wire cages they help support the branches and allow more light to the center of the plant.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How the heck do you get away with all this farming Sassy?

Boggles my mind somewhat.  Tho it's not that hard to Boggle what mind I've got left! :D

Makes my best indoor grown plant look like a branch off one of yours fer crying out loud. lol

Hoping you get a long summer and lots of time to crop each as they mature!

:peace:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Grow_Wizzard said:

Love the before and after pics, outdoor I grow almost manicured flowers, save those leaves to make oil out of. The flowers will start getting real heavy and oily now... I bet your yard smells divine... Airflow through the plant is critical during this time of year to prevent mold. I heard of dipping the freshly cut flowers in a solution of hydrogen peroxide to help eliminate mold during the drying stage.  I usually don't have mold problems so I don't worry about that.... They are looking happy... A lot of growers around here use the hog wire cages they help support the branches and allow more light to the center of the plant.

I knew about the peroxide to help prevent mold, usually before full on flowering though I didn't know it could be applied during flowering. Spent the last two afternoons defoliating and it's going to be a long week I think, so much fan leaves to be removed. Yes, beautiful aromas have invaded the garden area, and a little beyond haha. Don't have the hog wire but will start to place cord around them, just to prevent breakage of branches. :)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, LabRat said:

How the heck do you get away with all this farming Sassy?

Boggles my mind somewhat.  Tho it's not that hard to Boggle what mind I've got left! :D

Makes my best indoor grown plant look like a branch off one of yours fer crying out loud. lol

Hoping you get a long summer and lots of time to crop each as they mature!

Well, two seasons ago, we were ripped, so didn't get away with anything then, the rippers did. I guess it's simply because of where we are located, good neighbours and some luck. I'm on a high wire without a net below to catch me should I fall :). Outdoor plants are usually going to grow bigger than anything grown indoors, especially if in the ground. We have been getting wonderful summer weather up this way for the past week or more and no rain in sight until next Wednesday in the forecasts, this will definitely help the plant give that final boost of flowering and give them a better chance of finishing as they should. So far, I cropped on of the Lowryders as it had a little rot going on and I may do the same for the others though I don't usually, instead I wait till the end and take each of them down at one time. :)

On 8/19/2017 at 10:54 AM, weedmen said:

lot of sissor work coming your way ..well at least you will have plenty of meds for the carpol tunel you'll have .lol .you may want to invest into one of those trim machines ...

looking great sassy..cant wait to see the harvest this yr ..

stay safe ..

We have a bunch of dependable friends who will come and help with trimming in exchange for some herb. :)

On 9/21/2017 at 9:50 PM, Shadey said:

Looking good, bulking up quite fast now by the look, reminds me of the big desert cactus plants you see in the cowboy films lol.

Hehhehe, desert plants, yes I see what you're saying :). They are getting closer to harvest and I'm really looking forward to it. Gotta say, I'm a pretty happy grower woman. :D

• Like 1

tic, tic , tic ..every second feels like an hour at this time of yr ..lol..great season slwly coming to an end ..congrats on such an awesome season sassy..now we exspect a weight report on all that beautiful bud..and a smoke report to follow..lol..so glad you are having such a great season ..after being ripped i no we all were cheering for you ..:clap:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, weedmen said:

tic, tic , tic ..every second feels like an hour at this time of yr ..lol..great season slwly coming to an end ..congrats on such an awesome season sassy..now we exspect a weight report on all that beautiful bud..and a smoke report to follow..lol..so glad you are having such a great season ..after being ripped i no we all were cheering for you ..:clap:

Hi weedmen :), agreed, time stands a little more still it would seem when waiting on plants to be ready to harvest. I may be able to do the weight report, strain by strain, but due to nasal polyps, I'm not too good at present time in terms of smells and aromas, actually little sense of smell ( they are going to be removed in November so that's good ). Now to keep our eyes and ears peeled for potential rippers. :)

Been busy with harvest as well as prepping another space to hang dry the plants, to date, we have two spaces, one of 15' x 25' and the second one measures about 25' x 25'.  We still have a lot of plants left to harvest, but we are not as fast or energetic as we once were so it's a we'll get there when we get there situation. :)

DSCN7274.jpg

DSCN7269.jpg

DSCN7266.jpg

• Like 1

congrats on a very fine yr ..you diserve a big harvest ..now get back to work ..lol

its hard not to get lazy when cleaning up so many plants ..i no i always tend to start leaving leafs on some of the smaller buds and just think i'll make butter or oil out of them ..and ya hate to ask for help with all the sissor work ..but if you have clients you are making meds for , you may want to recruit a few to help out ..you have a ton of work ahead of you and if its just the two of yas , it mite be a away to get it done a little faster ..love the drying rooms ..make sure you are popping some fans in there to move the air around ..

great job sass. enjoy the fruits of your labor..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, weedmen said:

congrats on a very fine yr ..you diserve a big harvest ..now get back to work ..lol

its hard not to get lazy when cleaning up so many plants ..i no i always tend to start leaving leafs on some of the smaller buds and just think i'll make butter or oil out of them ..and ya hate to ask for help with all the sissor work ..but if you have clients you are making meds for , you may want to recruit a few to help out ..you have a ton of work ahead of you and if its just the two of yas , it mite be a away to get it done a little faster ..love the drying rooms ..make sure you are popping some fans in there to move the air around ..

great job sass. enjoy the fruits of your labor..

Hi weedmen,  :)

Got fans up and running, even a dehumidifier in one of the spaces. I do have a few people who have said they'd come up to trim for me in exchange of buds, it should start by end of this week, once some branches have dried. Yes, loads of work ahead and it's not just about the buds but also the trim. :)

Wow what a great space to have for drying, congrates you beat the odds with the weather and got a great harvest. I hope it stays good for you until you get them all in the drying room.

• Upvote 1

yeah i seen the fans in the pics after i posted and tried editing it but i guess it didnt edit it ..lol..

• Upvote 1

Great Job Great year Sassy, you did an awesome job this year. I know the real hard work just started but it took a lot of work to get to this point.... Thanks for sharing your grow with us and the many lurkers... We enjoy your work through the pictures... Thanks again and great job...

• Upvote 1

The trim is what keeps me from scaling up my indoor grows as harvesting a few plants with maybe a 1lb potential can take me a few weeks with this damned arthritis in my hands.  I give away about half what I harvest to friends in need and plan to drag a few into helping as I scale up to a few more plants in the same time scale.

Had to go to the city today to take a buddy to the hospital and re-connected with the buddy that gave me a half dozen clones last Dec.  He didn't have any clones but had 6 plants in his unheated greenhouse that was 30F when we went in there and still struggling to flower.  Stuffed them all into big contractor garbage bags and stuffed those into the back of my tiny car and drug them home.  2 Critical Kush and a ChemDog with 3 decent looking bag seed sativas that are about 3 weeks into flowering but may have mites/other bugs.  Got them in the spare bedroom while I figure out what's what, de-bug and get cuttings etc.  Bought some fem AK47 seeds off him and he gave me some F1 [(Nl x Purple Indica) x BubbleGum] that may be cool but who knows eh. :)

His wife has turned up with breast cancer and is already using RSO to fight it so I'm making more to keep her in a steady supply so she never has to miss a day.  Just lucky that I have lots of older sugar trim etc to make plenty to supply her.  She's already using a half gram a day and I've promised to make sure she can scale it up as she feels the need to.  Her biopsy is to me very ambivalent and not worthy of what her doctors have recommended so far.  Lumpectomy with radiation or lose the boob without radiation.  Not my call but she is aiming for increased cannabis dosing and I'm up to help with that.

I'm being tested for possible prostate problems that has been ongoing for about 10 years now but confident that if it is a cancer it's one of the slow ones that I'll likely die from something else before it will harm me too much.  If push came to shove I can easily call on family resources to buy a few pounds of whatever strains I think would work best to make whatever oils/etc I need to treat it as I see fit.  No one is ever going to carve out the parts of me that I consider to be the essence of me being the man I am regardless of how petty some may think of that attitude.  I would do the same thing if I were diagnosed with lung cancer or any other serious ailment that threatened my life unless it was a proven cure with near zero risk.  I have faith in cannabis to do better than almost any Big Pharma cure.  Not to say that I wouldn't use a plethora of other natural medicines to supplement cannabis.

The difference between God and doctors?  God doesn't think he's a doctor. ;)

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, LabRat said:

The trim is what keeps me from scaling up my indoor grows as harvesting a few plants with maybe a 1lb potential can take me a few weeks with this damned arthritis in my hands.  I give away about half what I harvest to friends in need and plan to drag a few into helping as I scale up to a few more plants in the same time scale.

Had to go to the city today to take a buddy to the hospital and re-connected with the buddy that gave me a half dozen clones last Dec.  He didn't have any clones but had 6 plants in his unheated greenhouse that was 30F when we went in there and still struggling to flower.  Stuffed them all into big contractor garbage bags and stuffed those into the back of my tiny car and drug them home.  2 Critical Kush and a ChemDog with 3 decent looking bag seed sativas that are about 3 weeks into flowering but may have mites/other bugs.  Got them in the spare bedroom while I figure out what's what, de-bug and get cuttings etc.  Bought some fem AK47 seeds off him and he gave me some F1 [(Nl x Purple Indica) x BubbleGum] that may be cool but who knows eh. :)

His wife has turned up with breast cancer and is already using RSO to fight it so I'm making more to keep her in a steady supply so she never has to miss a day.  Just lucky that I have lots of older sugar trim etc to make plenty to supply her.  She's already using a half gram a day and I've promised to make sure she can scale it up as she feels the need to.  Her biopsy is to me very ambivalent and not worthy of what her doctors have recommended so far.  Lumpectomy with radiation or lose the boob without radiation.  Not my call but she is aiming for increased cannabis dosing and I'm up to help with that.

I'm being tested for possible prostate problems that has been ongoing for about 10 years now but confident that if it is a cancer it's one of the slow ones that I'll likely die from something else before it will harm me too much.  If push came to shove I can easily call on family resources to buy a few pounds of whatever strains I think would work best to make whatever oils/etc I need to treat it as I see fit.  No one is ever going to carve out the parts of me that I consider to be the essence of me being the man I am regardless of how petty some may think of that attitude.  I would do the same thing if I were diagnosed with lung cancer or any other serious ailment that threatened my life unless it was a proven cure with near zero risk.  I have faith in cannabis to do better than almost any Big Pharma cure.  Not to say that I wouldn't use a plethora of other natural medicines to supplement cannabis.

The difference between God and doctors?  God doesn't think he's a doctor. ;)

It can certainly be a daunting job, trimming is totally time consuming and gets me in the trimming hand, after a little while, I need to stop which is why we have a few friends coming up starting this coming weekend to help in exchange for some bud. Sorry to hear about your wife and your medical issues, and I hope that RSO helps both of you. Also, nice bunch of plants, get them healthy and you'll soon enough have a more than decent grow. I am pulling down two AK47's today. well them and about 16 other plants, lol.

I keep my trim to make butter, oil and even hash, but will give to people in need all the time. To date, we have done trimming 2 Lowryders  ( 8 ounces )and 1 Bubba Kush x White Russian ( 5 ounces ) , they were relatively small, but we have at least 5-6 pounds of Asad ( hash plant ) and maybe 3 pounds of Afgooey. All the rest is going to be a rush but we'll get through it. 

I'm ok with medical treatments and even surgery, if it is going to help and improve my quality of life, and cannabis certainly helps and I would never hesitate in making cannabis part of my health upkeep. I have helped a friend who had stage three breast cancer and she did need surgery as well as gone through chemo and radiation, she used cannabis before and after and is now up and about, getting back into life's groove. Sometimes, we need to do what needs be done but I respect your personal wish ... god is not something I have any kind of belief in and I think it is healthy to always question your doctor since it is your body but ultimately, sometimes, we need a good mechanic to change our batteries, change our oil, filters and so on ( hehheh, me using automotive terms, hilarious ), so I prefer using all tools that will be helpful. :)

Can't wait for you to post pics of those plants you got.  :)

• Upvote 1