Sassyfemme

Sassy is back doing her thing - outdoor, sungrown organics 2017

75 posts in this topic

now thats how you farm christmas tree size mj plants ..you break out the heavy equiptment to do the work .lol..looking great sassy...wont be long they will look like a christmas tree farm ..love checking my mail and seeing you have updates ..someday i hope to have a legal garden and a plot of trees like you are doing ..

we are just starting our outdoor season here in wny ..you all must be about a month behind us .. june i am guessing is the soonest you can plant outside ..sure cuts alot of growing season down ..but you always seem to be right on top of things ..

hope you have a great season and a bountiful harvest ..

stay safe ...

1 hour ago, weedmen said:

now thats how you farm christmas tree size mj plants ..you break out the heavy equiptment to do the work .lol..looking great sassy...wont be long they will look like a christmas tree farm ..love checking my mail and seeing you have updates ..someday i hope to have a legal garden and a plot of trees like you are doing ..

we are just starting our outdoor season here in wny ..you all must be about a month behind us .. june i am guessing is the soonest you can plant outside ..sure cuts alot of growing season down ..but you always seem to be right on top of things ..

hope you have a great season and a bountiful harvest ..

stay safe ...

Hi weedmen, :)

Yep, going to certainly be an interesting season, and I do hope the plants will get nice and big. Can only plant outdoors by first week of June t be completely safe in terms of danger from frost. Will keep everyone posted. :D

As usual everything looks happy and healthy.. keep doing what you do... You wanted to know who's on FB I am but do Minds.com more than FB. I'm Grow_Wizzard on Minds.com it's worth checking out similar to FB without the tracking and messed up rules... When those girls hit the ground they will explode... can't wait..

Had a scare the other day, the only female that I laid down was gone when I went to water it. The chickens had buried it and almost uprooted it... It's caged now so the chickens can't get at it...... still waiting for the others to sex so I can lay them down...

11 minutes ago, Grow_Wizzard said:

As usual everything looks happy and healthy.. keep doing what you do... You wanted to know who's on FB I am but do Minds.com more than FB. I'm Grow_Wizzard on Minds.com it's worth checking out similar to FB without the tracking and messed up rules... When those girls hit the ground they will explode... can't wait..

Had a scare the other day, the only female that I laid down was gone when I went to water it. The chickens had buried it and almost uprooted it... It's caged now so the chickens can't get at it...... still waiting for the others to sex so I can lay them down...

Glad you saved your plant from the chickens. I'm on a couple of forums, and Facebook, and as soon as I plant them outside, in about a week's time, I think I'm going to be quite the busy Gal as one garden measures 100' x 75' and the other, 70' x 25' ... and this is besides veggies,herbs and flowers, lol, I'm going off my rocker. :D Will go take a look on Minds.com :)

This is a plan for garden number one ( 70' x 25' ), just to give a general idea of what's going on. If we can get some nice weather, I've got holes to dig pronto and would love to put plants out in it by end of coming weekend.

2017 garden.png

Update on the gardens. In our primary garden ( last two images ), we already had landscape fabric down and decided to simply cut open the holes we needed and planted some strains that finish early, while in the second garden, we had to get holes dug out with the aid of a tractor's shovel, then fill them back in with rich composted soil before putting up fencing and finally, yesterday, we got to plant more strains. :D

Now to wait and see how this all goes.

DSCN3594 (1).jpg

DSCN3671.jpg

DSCN3622.jpg

DSCN3616.jpg

Nice, looking forward in anticipation to the end of the season to see what they look like.

great job sassy ..looks like a pro came in and did it ..oh wait , you are a pro ..keep up the great work ..as always a pleasure to see your grows ..

17 minutes ago, weedmen said:

great job sassy ..looks like a pro came in and did it ..oh wait , you are a pro ..keep up the great work ..as always a pleasure to see your grows ..

I did help dig the holes some, and certainly directed others to dig them, but at 61, I'm just not the physically strong woman I used to be and tend to get pooped out pretty fast.  I'm ok as far as gardening goes and always learning more hopefully. As soon as plants start getting over any transplanting shock and grow some, I'll post pics. :)

funny how the yrs catch up to us ..one day we are just young in every way , the next we are just young in mind..stay young in mind .. i think its all we have left ..lol

i'll be watching for your updates ..

Now that plants are in the ground, fencing is up, we have started placing rain water reservoirs, 4 of them will hopefully be sufficient. It's mostly for the month of July since most times, it rains at least once a week up this way. :)

DSCN3692 (1).jpg

Once again, Sassy gets it done... Looking mighty awesome there.... Those girls are already looking good, once the transplant shock goes away and they adjust to their new digs they will take off like a weed..... Oh yea, it is a weed.... hahahaha... Great Job... I can relate to not being able to work like we did at 40 or 50... I'm 61 also, I feel it too get winded easy... Use to be able to work days straight.... Now if I work days I can't stand straight...hahaha.....  but love being in the garden helping things grow... Great job again and will be watching for the updated pics... Keep doin what ya do....

I can't even get any plants outside here so that all looks amazing to me Sassy!

61 ain't so bad.  Wait 'til you hit 62 like me and it all goes down the crapper. :D

Since I started getting into more cocobudder my joint pain is greatly reduced and I'm finally starting to get out of the winter blahs a bit.  So out of shape I'd likely be found dead in any decent sized hole I dug.  Just put the dirt back and stick a plant on top. ;)

I've been reading on another forum about a good way to use fresh bud to make pot infused oils and save a lot of time during the harvest.  It can be froze until it's all done then processed at once or in a week's worth of processing like you would probably have to do.  Seems a large amount of the terpenes are lost just doing the normal drying and curing it takes to make pot ready for smoking and smoking is so last decade so why bother.  I've been using cured pot for mine thus far.

Not really supposed to post links to other forums but fug that.  This is really good info and could help a lot of people. Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

:peace:

1 hour ago, LabRat said:

I can't even get any plants outside here so that all looks amazing to me Sassy!

61 ain't so bad.  Wait 'til you hit 62 like me and it all goes down the crapper. :D

Since I started getting into more cocobudder my joint pain is greatly reduced and I'm finally starting to get out of the winter blahs a bit.  So out of shape I'd likely be found dead in any decent sized hole I dug.  Just put the dirt back and stick a plant on top. ;)

I've been reading on another forum about a good way to use fresh bud to make pot infused oils and save a lot of time during the harvest.  It can be froze until it's all done then processed at once or in a week's worth of processing like you would probably have to do.  Seems a large amount of the terpenes are lost just doing the normal drying and curing it takes to make pot ready for smoking and smoking is so last decade so why bother.  I've been using cured pot for mine thus far.

Not really supposed to post links to other forums but fug that.  This is really good info and could help a lot of people. Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

:peace:

Hi, :)

Worst part of this working outdoors in a garden, are the bugs, notably the horseflies, my arms, neck and face served as perfect targets even though I had on a hat with a full face net, gloves and bug spray, lol. Am going to dry lots of it and have a 15' x 25' cold room connected to a garage, just need to set it up to be functional, thinking of having lines running along walls to hang branches from and then more lines going sideways across the room. Will be placing a couple of fans and a dehumidifier in there.

Will keep the link you shared, thank you, I will check it out. :) 

Some pics of the second garden are taken yesterday, been so much rain and cooler temps, the plants need more sun and warmth. They are looking good though not as big as I would like to see them be at this point, hope that changes. I didn't tag each and every strain in that garden, but the list goes on from there with; G-13 x Cheese, God Candy x Bubba x Grape Kush, White Russian, Pineapple Chunk and Lemon Kush. Now pleeeease grow big, pretty please. :)

DSCN3978.jpg

818 Headband

818 Headband.jpg

Ace of Spades

Ace of Spades.jpg

Afgooey

Afgooey.jpg

AK 47

AK 47.jpg

Asad ( landrace indica strain from the Kashmir region of Pakistan )

Asad.jpg

Deep Purple ( JOTI )

Deep Purple.jpg

Deep Purple ( JOTI ) x AK 47

Deep Purple x AK 47.jpg

Gods Blue Cheese ( JOTI )

Gods Blue Cheese.jpg

Kosher Kush

Kosher Kush.jpg

Kryptonite x Durban Poison

Kryptonite x Durban Poison.jpg

Moby Dick x Grape Kush

Moby Dick x Grape Kush.jpg

UBC Chemo

UBC Chemo.jpg

Very nice variety Sassyfemme. You must be OCD as I am. I felt very comfortable looking at all the strains in alphabetical order. :rotflmao:

I want to say yes, but no, not OCD though I do like some order in some things, also, when placing images and giving them titles, they are automatically placed in order by the computer. :)

They are looking happy and sassy... keep doing what you do... peace...

Some of the plants in the primary garden area. 

Afgooey.jpg

Asad.jpg

Asad #2.jpg

Asad #3.jpg

Deep Purple ( JOTI ).jpg

G-13 x Cheese.jpg

G-13 x Cheese #2.jpg

Gods Blue Cheese ( JOTI ).jpg

Lowrider.jpg

Pineapple Chunk.jpg

Some happy and sassy looking plants you have going there... love the variety.... Keep doing what you do and you will knock it out of the park.... Peace...

Before I share the other images I took yesterday at the second garden site, I wanted to show one of the Asad hash plants ( landrace from the Asad municipality in Kashmir on the Pakistani side ). These plants have very big leaves and from what I'm told, get extremely sticky going towards harvest, but what I was amazed to see, was that some of the leaves have up to 12 fingers. Now, I'm fairly certain this likely has a lot to do with the strain itself ( very vigorous ) but I was thinking that the soil in the garden was part of a sheep pasture and it must be enriched by all that sheep poop as well, not to mention the composted soil I added for each plant hole. Grass snakes and toads abound in the garden, so I'm thinking this is a good thing as well. :)

Asad.jpg

12 leaf Asad.jpg

Loving how this garden is developing, and tomorrow, I'm getting a water pump to pull water from a nearby river so will be helping set that up, plus a 1000 litre reservoir to hold said water for watering needs. Another thing I'm getting tomorrow is a tiller, to help get rid of unwanted weeds between rows of plants and then all that will need be done, is maybe to cover with straw. :)

818 Headband.jpg

Ace of Spades.jpg

Afgooey.jpg

AK 47.jpg

Deep Purple.jpg

Deep Purple x AK 47.jpg

Kosher Kush.jpg

Moby Dick x Grape Kush.jpg

UBC Chemo.jpg

White Russian.jpg

DSCN4452.jpg

DSCN4418.jpg

DSCN4419.jpg

DSCN4422.jpg

DSCN4423.jpg

that is a beuatiful site ..i love you garden ..set up perfect.. plenty of space for everyone ..cant wait to see that landrace [asad] when shes finished..looks like you are having a great season ..good luck to you ..still alot of growing season to go ..we have had alot of rain here this yr ..you guys having a wet summer..i no you said you are setting up a water catch for them ..it takes alot of water to keep this many girls hydrated..lol;..

my favorite pics are the ones of the whole field ..really shows the work you have put into your garden ..blood sweat and tears..and a lot of sleepless nights as you near harvest time ..

awesome job ...kick ass and take no prisoners ..

13 minutes ago, weedmen said:

that is a beuatiful site ..i love you garden ..set up perfect.. plenty of space for everyone ..cant wait to see that landrace [asad] when shes finished..looks like you are having a great season ..good luck to you ..still alot of growing season to go ..we have had alot of rain here this yr ..you guys having a wet summer..i no you said you are setting up a water catch for them ..it takes alot of water to keep this many girls hydrated..lol;..

my favorite pics are the ones of the whole field ..really shows the work you have put into your garden ..blood sweat and tears..and a lot of sleepless nights as you near harvest time ..

awesome job ...kick ass and take no prisoners ..

Thank you, it's still a work in progress but getting better all the time. That Asad is a real oil maker, just need to try it out at harvest time to see about strength as it's never been tested as far as I know. We were having a shitty time up until last week, lots of rain and cool temps didn't help but still, I had started them indoors with much TLC and more importantly, plenty of yummy organic nutes. Getting a water pump installed tomorrow, it will be submerged in a small river located less than two hundred feet from the garden, and will be perfect for pulling water to the reservoirs so that I can better water the plants ( yes, they are hungry for water all the time :) ) .

Looking good Sassy, In the early 80's I had a plant that had 14 fingers on a leaf and was bigger than a dinner plate, wasn't an indica, it was a cross long normal sized fingers about an inch wide and about 14 - 16 inches long at the long. I put one in with some pictures and found it about 4 years ago.. Don't know what I did with it from there tho..... Everything is looking real good and the water will help a lot. We are back over 105, 109 yesterday and today was close to that. I think mine are just starting to transition into flower so the 7th inning stretch should start soon.... yours look close too, could see some short inner nodal lengths going on... As they realize they are loosing light they will stretch and grow... Keep doing what you do...Peace...