Sassyfemme

Sassy is back doing her thing - outdoor, sungrown organics 2017

48 posts in this topic

Hi all,  :D

Yes, I'm back and could not stay away, happens that I enjoyed too many positive interactions with many of you over the past couple of years, so here I am, planning and preparing next season's garden.

I have gotten hold of feminized seeds; 818 Headband, Pineapple Chunk, Vanilla Kush, Blue Cheese , Gods Blue Cheese and Afgooey, plus I am playing around with the idea of cracking some regular seeds as backups; Shiva x Big Freeze, Durban Poison, White Rhino, UBC Chemo and Herijuana.

Might also get access in early Spring to clones of Mango and also Royal Freezeland.

Ok, so it's only January 1 ( Happy New Year everyone  :D ) and I'm not going to start cracking seeds before February, just wanted to drop in and say hello and that I'm alive and kicking with bigger an hopefully better plans for the garden come summer of 2017. :)

Great to see you Sassy and a Happy New Year to you and yours too!

Nice line-up of strains you got there.  Should be an interesting grow season.  You upgrade security some?

I got signed up in BC last August for 8g/day but haven't filed to grow yet and probably won't but ya never know.  I don't trust the new dictator in the house any more than the last so not eager to get on the gov't hit list.  Small 4 plant grow nearing harvest and 6 clones from a friend starting to get healthy under some T-12s that I'll be making more clones from when they are ready.  5 - OG18 and 1 little Purple Kush that's struggling but should make it.

Good luck in the New Year!

:peace:

Great to see you Sassy and a Happy New Year to you and yours too!

Nice line-up of strains you got there.  Should be an interesting grow season.  You upgrade security some?

I got signed up in BC last August for 8g/day but haven't filed to grow yet and probably won't but ya never know.  I don't trust the new dictator in the house any more than the last so not eager to get on the gov't hit list.  Small 4 plant grow nearing harvest and 6 clones from a friend starting to get healthy under some T-12s that I'll be making more clones from when they are ready.  5 - OG18 and 1 little Purple Kush that's struggling but should make it.

Good luck in the New Year!

Hi LabRat :) and thank you. Yes, I think the new season is going to be very interesting, we put up flood lights with motion sensors this past season and had no problems but will be adding more lights just in case. Also, have more outdoor space to play with this time and thus the reason for the wide variety of strains.

We are staying away from signing up to anything tied to government until such time as things get clearer, and right now, some aspects remain nebulous in regards to growing. We are gearing up for a monster 2017 and continuing on with our terroir produce, making it as healthy and unique as possible through the use of a little something I have found good ( at least as good as other organic teas ) as a foliar feed, I am now using Chaga concentrate as a booster all through the veg and the beginning of flower cycles ( mixed with comfry and worm casting + kitchen veg scraps ).  :)

Sassy,

Good to see you back, I'm in and out of here mostly lurking when I come, I'm mostly out hahaha. Sounds like you have a good range of strains to play with. Glad you got your security issues dealt with. Here's to wishing you a great 2017 grow... :drink:

On 1/2/2017 at 6:39 PM, Grow_Wizzard said:

Sassy,

Good to see you back, I'm in and out of here mostly lurking when I come, I'm mostly out hahaha. Sounds like you have a good range of strains to play with. Glad you got your security issues dealt with. Here's to wishing you a great 2017 grow... :drink:

Hiiii G_W, :)

Yes I'm back, nothing to show for now, just lining up strains and soon to clean and disinfect all that needs to be before getting on with the new season. Glad to see you still around, even if mostly not. :) 

sassy ..so nice to see you ..i was woundering how your greenhouse was doing for you ..i sank in my seat when you got ripped..a sad day for sure ..hoping lifes treating you well ..awesome line up as always ..i am like the rest , just a lurker anymore ..health issues and well just geting to fricking old here anymore ..but still popping beans in my tent..not sure why i ever went with the tent . it still takes up a whole room ..lol..i have a 3 stage indoor going..i havent sent anything outdoors in awhile ..maybe this spring i will..

i seen an update in my email so i figured i,d stop in ,  this place has changed its format i see..alot of old folks still kicking around ..great to see growwiz still laying the ladys down [atta boy wiz]and labs just hard core for an old fella.[still using your cocanut oil recipe, started filling my own caps now ..one at a time but its only me medicating with them..] i cant smoke or even vap with the breathing troubles i have ..but i still love growing weed..i think its like more additive to me then anything ..once we get bit by the growing bug , it just becomes part of our dna..

i'll be sticking around to see the season you have ..not sure how you made out last yr ..hope you got to finish with out shit heads messing with ya's..

good luck to you ..and glad to see you old farts still have sticky sissors...

stay safe , my cc family..

weedmen

41 minutes ago, weedmen said:

sassy ..so nice to see you ..i was woundering how your greenhouse was doing for you ..i sank in my seat when you got ripped..a sad day for sure ..hoping lifes treating you well ..awesome line up as always ..i am like the rest , just a lurker anymore ..health issues and well just geting to fricking old here anymore ..but still popping beans in my tent..not sure why i ever went with the tent . it still takes up a whole room ..lol..i have a 3 stage indoor going..i havent sent anything outdoors in awhile ..maybe this spring i will..

i seen an update in my email so i figured i,d stop in ,  this place has changed its format i see..alot of old folks still kicking around ..great to see growwiz still laying the ladys down [atta boy wiz]and labs just hard core for an old fella.[still using your cocanut oil recipe, started filling my own caps now ..one at a time but its only me medicating with them..] i cant smoke or even vap with the breathing troubles i have ..but i still love growing weed..i think its like more additive to me then anything ..once we get bit by the growing bug , it just becomes part of our dna..

i'll be sticking around to see the season you have ..not sure how you made out last yr ..hope you got to finish with out shit heads messing with ya's..

good luck to you ..and glad to see you old farts still have sticky sissors...

stay safe , my cc family..

weedmen

Hi weedmen, :)

Well, last season was not the best though better than when we got ripped. This last crop ran into trouble because I missed two males growing until it was too late and all the other plants ended up full of seeds, lol. Anyhoooo, still very effective buds were had and lots of butter for edible cooking. We added a couple of pot lights equipped with motion sensors and are going to add some more this season, plus I managed to get the word out in the area, that there are traps laid about the yard to deal with would be rippers ( lol, no such traps exist ) and we didn't get any unwanted visitors this time.

Another fun thing is that a neighbour who lives close by offered us 4 different spots on her land to use to grow ( hidden from roads and with only one access route and a small bridge on private land ) and I accepted, so more to grow. :)

I'm just checking in now and then, and when I actually crack the seeds and begin the veg cycle, I'll post some pics and keep things updated. Glad to see you are still around, with G_W and Labrat ... feels right. :)

Sitting here and trying to hold back from cracking seeds, it's the first week of January and that would mean about 5 full months in veg before I'm ready to transplant them out in the garden first week of June, is that too early. I enjoy growing big plants though this coming season, I will need to keep plants shorter so as not to attract any undue attention, and I know I could do this by managing through cropping, etc,.

What say you all? :)

Lay some of the bigger plants down so they don't grow vertically tall but horizontally long. especially in the areas outside your yard. Makes it look like a bush and not a tree, most don't even notice them if they aren't in flower. That's why I've been trying to crack some older beans since October. I want to get some about 3' tall before I lay them down in April...

6 hours ago, Grow_Wizzard said:

Lay some of the bigger plants down so they don't grow vertically tall but horizontally long. especially in the areas outside your yard. Makes it look like a bush and not a tree, most don't even notice them if they aren't in flower. That's why I've been trying to crack some older beans since October. I want to get some about 3' tall before I lay them down in April...

Sounds like a great idea G_W, might give it s try even though it worries me that I'll end up breaking branches, mainly due to my own inexperience in this. Gonoing to clean out the grow room next week and then I'll begin cracking the seeds. Summer 2017, here comes Sassy. :D

Happy to announce that my 2017 season is officially started, here are the seeds that are about to crack, all are feminized with the exception of the White Rhino and the Herijuana ones. May get Mango and Freezeland clones in April to complete my crop. :)

DSCN2449.jpg

Looks good Sassy, very nice to have you back doing your thing :) How did the beans pop? Thinking by now you must have them in starter cups.

Hope you have better luck than I have, I must have soaked over 100 beans since October, just a couple days ago a couple Blueberry Kush popped. Was soaking 6 Afgoo beans and went to put them into a paper towel and one had cracked and pushing a white tail out..... Went right into dirt...

good luck this yr sassy ..we are watching with very red eyes ..:watchgrow::watchgrow:...this yr make sure your scoping those girls out well..kill off all those dirty f---ing boys ..lol..they can be like setting the cookie monster loose in the girlscout cookie factory..:xmasnom::xmasnom:

On 1/22/2017 at 4:48 PM, Shaughnny said:

Looks good Sassy, very nice to have you back doing your thing :) How did the beans pop? Thinking by now you must have them in starter cups.

Hi Shaughnny :)

Beans have popped, and are now beautiful though still small seedlings. Having some issues cracking my 818 Headband seeds this time around but am persevering. Will post pics soon. :)

On 1/22/2017 at 6:43 PM, Grow_Wizzard said:

Hope you have better luck than I have, I must have soaked over 100 beans since October, just a couple days ago a couple Blueberry Kush popped. Was soaking 6 Afgoo beans and went to put them into a paper towel and one had cracked and pushing a white tail out..... Went right into dirt...

Wow, that is a lot of seeds to pop. :) My Afgooey's have popped and seem to be doing ok, hoping for the best. Looking forward to seeing your plants as they progress. :)

On 1/23/2017 at 11:19 AM, weedmen said:

good luck this yr sassy ..we are watching with very red eyes ..:watchgrow::watchgrow:...this yr make sure your scoping those girls out well..kill off all those dirty f---ing boys ..lol..they can be like setting the cookie monster loose in the girlscout cookie factory..:xmasnom::xmasnom:

Hi weedmen :)

Absolutely, especially as I now will have other outdoor sites close by and well away from prying eyes. I will work to keep the plants in our garden short and bushy. Most strains we have are from feminized beans ( only the Herijuana and the White Rhino are regular seeds and so I will keep both eyes peeled and as soon as a male shows itself, it's gone. :)

Ok, that last batch of seeds died, over watered I think. Sooooo, just put 10 different strains into jiffy plugs and this time there's a change in the line-up; no more 818 Headbands but instead I have decided to try and crack some special seeds I received from a friend yesterday. Got an Hash plant ( sativa dominant strain ) that i said to get very very sticky, also in the new line-up, UBC Chemo, White Rhino, Gods Blue Cheese, Vanilla Kush, Deep Purple by JOTI, Afgooey, Shiva x Big Freeze, G13 x Cheese, Durban Poison x Cheese. Crossing fingers they pop and that I get some females from the one's who are regular seeds. Should have a pic in a few days if all goes as planned. :)

Edited by Sassyfemme
mispell

Not sure if I'll ever attempt posting new images here, apparently my quota is already maxed out or something, and if this sin't going to be a simple attach image and upload without always having to resize and or post image elsewhere and then post the link to it, well I'm done as far as posting new pics. Also, I looked and looked around to see how I could maybe delete older images to make room for new ones and could not find a way. :(

I'll see if there is some way I can change the upload limit for pics Sassy but I don't think there is.  That's always been a PITA here as they don't have much room for uploading directly to the site and to get more pics in you need to resize them to smaller file sizes as the limit goes by megabytes and not the number of pics.

There has been nothing done with the site since this crappy upgrade was done.  Signatures got lost and none of the graphics or formatting have been completed and those I can't fix.  The webmaster has to beg for budget money to do anything in the forums and Marc and Jodie don't seem to care about the forums at all.  I've thought about seeing if they will let me become the webmaster but it's a lot of work and my skills need serious upgrading.  Not like I'd get paid any more than I do for being Admin which is zero. :)

1 hour ago, LabRat said:

I'll see if there is some way I can change the upload limit for pics Sassy but I don't think there is.  That's always been a PITA here as they don't have much room for uploading directly to the site and to get more pics in you need to resize them to smaller file sizes as the limit goes by megabytes and not the number of pics.

There has been nothing done with the site since this crappy upgrade was done.  Signatures got lost and none of the graphics or formatting have been completed and those I can't fix.  The webmaster has to beg for budget money to do anything in the forums and Marc and Jodie don't seem to care about the forums at all.  I've thought about seeing if they will let me become the webmaster but it's a lot of work and my skills need serious upgrading.  Not like I'd get paid any more than I do for being Admin which is zero. :)

Hi LabRat :), I understand and thank you for responding, just find this frustrating. 

You and me both.

On 2/15/2017 at 11:16 AM, Sassyfemme said:

Not sure if I'll ever attempt posting new images here, apparently my quota is already maxed out or something, and if this sin't going to be a simple attach image and upload without always having to resize and or post image elsewhere and then post the link to it, well I'm done as far as posting new pics. Also, I looked and looked around to see how I could maybe delete older images to make room for new ones and could not find a way. :(

Sassy, why is having a hosting site for your pictures a problem? I don't see a difference with posting pics on here. I kind of like it because if the pictures ever get messed up you already have them in order to replace them. I've had to repost a bunch of old pics in the 2010 outdoor thread, it came in real handy then. There are many free sites to host images.

9 hours ago, Grow_Wizzard said:

Sassy, why is having a hosting site for your pictures a problem? I don't see a difference with posting pics on here. I kind of like it because if the pictures ever get messed up you already have them in order to replace them. I've had to repost a bunch of old pics in the 2010 outdoor thread, it came in real handy then. There are many free sites to host images.

Hi G_W, :)

It's a problem simply because I don't find it practical and more importantly for me, it imposes an additional action and so discourages from wanting to post here. On other sites that I have journals on or post images, I don't encounter this issue and so am glad to keep updating them. I enjoy your fine suggestions in terms of growing as I do those of other members here, I just don't like the set up for images. I really prefer loading directly to where I want to post. I understand your logic about having a host site for images and it's probably a good way to maintain control over them, I guess I'm just not into it. :)

Will continue posting how things are going, minus images I guess. Happy gardening and again, thank you for all of your help and support, it is appreciated. :) 

These are the new batch of seedlings I have going and so glad to see them all coming along so well. Got; Afgooey, AK47, Blue God, Kryptonite x Cheese, Gods Blue Cheese, Azad ( a sativa dom landrace Hash Plant from the Kashmir region ), G13 x Cheese, UBC Chemo, and Deep Purple by JOTI. Big thank you LabRat for the assist. :D

DSCN2495.jpg

DSCN2497.jpg