rol1

The old posts?

7 posts in this topic

I was looking for some links from years ago. But I only have 2 posts.

High rol1

There was a major upgrade a couple years ago and everything prior to '09 was archived.  It's still there but you need to use something like google to search the forums.  You'll have to google how to do that as I've forgotten. :)

:peace:

And will the complete threads be available when linked or will replies also be searched out. This is a big change after 15 years.

The whole thread should be there but most picture are gone from older ones as the server didn't save those I don't think.  Many old pictures are missing from hosting sites as they will delete accounts that have gone for some time with no activity too.

Good hunting!

Why go through the changes if you were going to loose your history? Someone could get it back. Can you tell how many have come back to find the history deleted and not been back since?

Lots haven't been back for various reasons so active membership has dwindled to as it has in many forums like this.  Everybody is running off to social media it seems including the owners of the site, Marc and Jodie.

I certainly don't have any say in how the forums are run.  The upgrade and decision to archive older posts was all done without consultation of past mods and admins.

Lots of the older members  who have contributed  to the forums in it's hayday  that have left for over ten years plus are starting to come back and are disappointed that some or all of their posts and are are gone. Do you guys think that time was going to stand still while you were gone?  Time moves on There have been a few upgrades  over the years and every time we have lost a little of the old posts  Most of what has been lost  is  from the oldtimers  mainly  due to those posts and forums being inactive  due to members not coming on and keeping  THEIR posts and forums active. To come back after years after your last post and thinking that  they are still relevant  is a bit naive To lose all that info  is  sad  but  decisions are made much farther up the ladder and  all we can do  is deal with what  we have