Sarahpoe1976

Smoking around babies

4 posts in this topic

Anyone who smokes anything around a baby is up for an ass-whupin in my estimation. :(

:peace:

I'm not even going to ask how this might have happened... if it did, I assume you asking this means you already know now to avoid it.

Effects?  Probably pretty much like with adults.  Depending on how many months old we're talking about here, lethargy, respiratory problems, etc.  Old enough to have a distinct personality (after they start smiling), you could notice some "goofy" behaviour.  Unless you're blowing smoke into the baby's face though, they probably aren't getting high from it, but the particulates (tar) that circulate around in second-hand smoke aren't vitamins.

If they have actually been getting high from it somehow, well, how do you feel when suddenly stopping?  Irritable, probably loss of appetite for a while?  Then 3-7 days later you're as normal as you ever were.  Probably similar with babies.

I just worry a bit more with babies than with adults because besides the obvious reasons, an endogenous cannabinoid called anandamide is involved in learning how to eat and sleep regularly, and in mother-child bonding, via breast milk.  Even if bottle-feeding there is some present (cows use it too for much the same reasons), plus the baby's body makes its own for other reasons, and messing with its action in the baby's brain in any non-medical way can't be good.

Edited by spectralmagic

Irresponsible  ass your choice to smoke pot, Nobody has the right to force smoke on anybody. What a sad state of affairs you dont deserve to have children :mad:  :mad:  :mad: total looser