Rider420

Legal weed

18 posts in this topic

So legal weed is now the thing big fuck you to the pigs and those who profited from its illegal status. 

Salutations Rider420,

...big fuck you to the pigs and those who profited from its illegal status.

Go to their web site and re-read carefully, the pigs are going to get even healthier i believe:

http://www.liberal.ca/realchange/marijuana/

We will legalize, regulate, and restrict access to marijuana.

Canada’s current system of marijuana prohibition does not work. It does not prevent young people from using marijuana and too many Canadians end up with criminal records for possessing small amounts of the drug.

Arresting and prosecuting these offenses is expensive for our criminal justice system. It traps too many Canadians in the criminal justice system for minor, non-violent offenses. At the same time, the proceeds from the illegal drug trade support organized crime and greater threats to public safety, like human trafficking and hard drugs.

To ensure that we keep marijuana out of the hands of children, and the profits out of the hands of criminals, we will legalize, regulate, and restrict access to marijuana.

We will remove marijuana consumption and incidental possession from the Criminal Code, and create new, stronger laws to punish more severely those who provide it to minors, those who operate a motor vehicle while under its influence, and those who sell it outside of the new regulatory framework.

We will create a federal/provincial/territorial task force, and with input from experts in public health, substance abuse, and law enforcement, will design a new system of strict marijuana sales and distribution, with appropriate federal and provincial excise taxes applied.

See what i mean??

Good day, have fun!!  :peace:

Yup I've read that kids will have a harder time getting weed. Your point is? You have to understand cannabis users do not need to be sold on legal weed "unless they are clueless" it's prohibitionist that you have to convince.

Edited by Rider420

I can't see making pot legal will keep it out of the hands of kids any better than what's going on now.

Look at what's happening in the legal states.  They tax it so much that it's cheaper to by it from the same street dealers you always had.  There is a big, flourishing trade in untaxed tobacco and in some places booze too for the same reason.

At the worst pot should be treated just like booze or tobacco.  We are free to brew all the beer and wine or grow all the tobacco we want without restriction but not allowed to sell it.  We can treat our friends and family to either or even swap with others that enjoy the same hobbies but no cash can change hands.  Lets do the same with pot but I doubt you will see that happen.  It will be very unlikely tho I would love to be proven wrong.

Anyone who thinks that pot will suddenly be freed for those of us that want it is delusional.  I expect to be sneakily growing my own for a lot of years to come.  Prohibitionists, police services and the legal pot suppliers will fight tooth and nail to prevent anything resembling pot freedom from happening,  Even in the legal states home growing is limited to a few plants or forbidden altogether and doubt very much we'll se any difference here.

I'm happy that Justin got in for a lot more than his attitude towards pot but the Liberal party is still the same bunch of lying pricks they always have been and Justin is just the puppet that will still dance to the same tune that is played by the same greedy corporate bastards that really run our world.

:peace:

Indoors; 4 plants = 4 pounds, or more; if you're doing trees. Larger, if you have the space.

Salutations Rider420,

Your point is?

LabRat made it for me in a most evocative manner, too bad everyone doesn't recognize the risk from leaving an opened door to more prohibitionist bullying across this country.  Which now tells me we're probably going to observe a reversal of the 1923 silent jurisdition transfer, knowing in Québec "Indan Hemp" was under provincial jurisdiction starting in 1885 with the "Loi de Pharmacie" voted while Cannada was a Dominion of Victoria's British empire.

:labrat:

So the late events didn't occur a year too soon except Prime Minister in our provincial parliament happens to be Phillipe Couillard, euh...  So, after what i heard of his #44 law project that prospect just fails to make me smile.  But that's me.  Who knows, we may get CBDs for Québec's medicinal client$$$ in exchange for ever-lasting 4-wheel "pothead" chasing and so on, etc.

In other words we now have 2 governments seeking global reduction of cannabis consumption while planning to make a dime out of it in the meantime, at least in my province i think!  It's only a matter of patience.

Anyway i don't understand what's all the enthousiasm for when his father's son shows so little respect/concern for real statically-proven victims, etc.  Each time since 2014 his puritan jokes during the TLMEP interviews sounded less than friendly to me, in any case!

:goldpot:

Edited by Egzoset

Indoors; 4 plants = 4 pounds, or more; if you're doing trees. Larger, if you have the space.

Shouldn't be any limits.  Maybe some rules about odor control or some such stuff.  Indoor veg and herb growers don't have any rules and neither should pot growers.  It's just another herb. 

Most people would just buy commercial pot like they do with booze and smokes after the first rush of new growers find out it's not so easy to grow a good product.  Much like home brewers.

4 plants is nowhere's enough for me to play around developing my own strains.  I expect to have 40 - 50 plants going soon with most of them being grown small for selecting and breeding purposes.  Gotta make me some autos for the spring. :)

Sorry, i wasn't clear; not a suggested limit. It's what i can pull out of a properly tuned RDWC run. 4 plants kept me under the mandatory minimum cap if Justice Manson ruled against MMAR. I'll stay out of the whole limits discussion; other than to say id love to see the person who could smoke/vape 50 gm/day of my best, and that's way under some MMAR daily caps. I imagine similar discussions will emerge over what constitutes a reasonable, 'mature flowering plant' limits.

One thing is sure, the majority of the electorate wouldn't know a marijuana plant if it bit them on the ass (i had suburban neighbours, blissfully unaware of what those fragrant 12' high outdoor plants were). As such, they're likely to lean towards acceptance of smaller, rather than larger limits. 

Edited by airedog

Salutations,

My problem with those discussions, generally speaking, is that to me it sounds like a sex predator were asking for legal permission to satisfy his own personal "needs" at the expense of his victim up to a certain point.  I mean, from a prohibitionist stand-point i guess it's like the Canadian citizens are expected to have a word in deciding what orifices to exclude, after blessing a sex offender for his heroïc work, in the name of cannabis-threatened children i suppose!  Whatever...

:lala:

How come?  Simply because i'm opposed to state-endorsed bigot anti-cannabic bullying and/or similar being coded into our "justice" laws.  All in the name of children while real people suffer, waiting for an act of compassion which i can't but have sympathy for myself, though these persons actually serve the governement's agenda, clearly trying to establish a contrasted separation between the good "Marie-Jouana" consumers (with a "medical" ID paper) compared to those we can mock, in some very subtle almost imperceptible way, yet on national TV and in front of an audience ranging beyond 1 million individuals during high-rating broadcasting hours.  It works, it's been done before more than once as i recall.

So...

No limits for me at least until ALL groups involved have got their word too, in some inclusive senatorial commission to complement the 2002 work of senator Pierre Claude Nolin (he died of cancer in April); IMHO decades after the 1st nation-wide unilateral/federal ban of Indian Hemp that wouldn't be too soon, after all!...

M'well, day-dreaming again.  Instead i fear MiniPET will invite so-called "experts" like those who caused Narconon to make the news in Trois-Rivières not so long ago, etc.  Y'a know, that sort of addictive abu$e.

li-narconon.jpg

CBC News: Scientologist-run rehab centre ordered closed in Quebec (2012-Apr-17)

Que sera sera!

Edited by Egzoset

Yup legal cannabis will be hard to grow and get then illegal cannabis of course buddy. Makes perfect sense good luck selling that but that is not what you sell for profit is it? Too bad so many people here are going to lose some income when weed is legalized but it is what it is.

Salutations Rider420,

Yup legal cannabis will be hard to grow and get then illegal cannabis of course buddy.

Not just "hard to grow", unless you're in big business that's about to be made impossible by the new law's pre-requisites and i think MiniPET will probably invest a whole bunch of our public money on "front-line" policing that operates nation-wide in cooperation with provinces.  All with 1 noble goal:  eliminate "illegal" indoor gardens so we can finally be certified on late TV news that cannabis no longer represents any risk of harm to children and that such success justifies yet another quarter billion anually, whatever, etc.  After all i'm simply trying to extrapolate here, after reading Mulcair would do that much or so...  Let us know your version of it!

Still.  No, you won't grow cannabis unless you're part of the monopoly game.  Forget the other option as far as i'm concerned!...

:whistle:

Now, considering the power grids are going to be put under closer scrutiny because little additional resources would be required to implement a multi-purpose probing system which even detects "leaks", e.g. including electricity thieves, etc.  It seems tempting to think that's one motive in favour of logging meters indeed:  the company wants to bill everyone and they'll certainly pretend doing so with acute precision.  The absence of a log doesn't mean no data can be extracted at all and then boom!  There's revenue to generate out of meter logs helping police to bust "criminals"...

:violin:

Sorry, in a Cannada where Trudea has succeeded to save all of our chidren from the "dangers" of "pot" there can be no "illegal" cannabis left around by definition and then, considering this governement has a majority of seats in parliament with conservatives as a 1st opposition (!!!), i find somewhat premature to expect a statu quo on anti-cannabic prohibition looking back at Trudeau's past support for mandatory prison sentences, etc.

Hence, No.  Legal cannabis will be sold, not grown as far as the average citizen would be concerned - unless MiniPET has had a mystical revelation while in Europe.

Do you believe in miracles anyone?...  :silverpot:

Makes perfect sense good luck selling that but that is not what you sell for profit is it?

Hummm...  What you sell for profit, euh...  Maybe that wasn't addressed to me after all.  Everything i contributed with in cyberspace was for free with no strings attached.  M'well, i do appreciate respect once in a while but even that would seem like fantasy day-dreaming these days.  Our cannabic communities have become as driven by bigotry than the anti-cannabic prohibitionists themselves, a result of anonymous cyberspace dynamics i presume:  controversy sells and the hate of love / love of hate works wonders in that department...

But this is hardly beneficial on the long run IMO.

Too bad so many people here are going to lose some income when weed is legalized but it is what it is.

Money will change hands and it will multiply; some of mine will engulfe their monopoly jackpot i guess, in the name of children while police continues to commit deadly abuses of force over "Marie-Wouana" in the Commonwealth.

"So legal weed is now the thing big fuck you to the pigs and those who profited from its illegal status." 

Many of us spent our profits on making cannabis legal. 

"So legal weed is now the thing big fuck you to the pigs and those who profited from its illegal status." 

Many of us spent our profits on making cannabis legal. 

And Kudos to all the people who did give back. The fuck you is for the people who used pesticides and grew only for profit. The fuck you is for the dealers who sold to kids, the fuck you is for the grow rip off artists who stole from honest farmers. The fuck you is to the pigs that charged people for doing nothing more then smoking a joint.

Edited by Rider420

Salutations Rider420,

Not just "hard to grow", unless you're in big business that's about to be made impossible by the new law's pre-requisites and i think MiniPET will probably invest a whole bunch of our public money on "front-line" policing that operates nation-wide in cooperation with provinces.  All with 1 noble goal:  eliminate "illegal" indoor gardens so we can finally be certified on late TV news that cannabis no longer represents any risk of harm to children and that such success justifies yet another quarter billion anually, whatever, etc.  After all i'm simply trying to extrapolate here, after reading Mulcair would do that much or so...  Let us know your version of it!

Still.  No, you won't grow cannabis unless you're part of the monopoly game.  Forget the other option as far as i'm concerned!...

Now, considering the power grids are going to be put under closer scrutiny because little additional resources would be required to implement a multi-purpose probing system which even detects "leaks", e.g. including electricity thieves, etc.  It seems tempting to think that's one motive in favour of logging meters indeed:  the company wants to bill everyone and they'll certainly pretend doing so with acute precision.  The absence of a log doesn't mean no data can be extracted at all and then boom!  There's revenue to generate out of meter logs helping police to bust "criminals"...

:violin:

Sorry, in a Cannada where Trudea has succeeded to save all of our chidren from the "dangers" of "pot" there can be no "illegal" cannabis left around by definition and then, considering this governement has a majority of seats in parliament with conservatives as a 1st opposition (!!!), i find somewhat premature to expect a statu quo on anti-cannabic prohibition looking back at Trudeau's past support for mandatory prison sentences, etc.

Hence, No.  Legal cannabis will be sold, not grown as far as the average citizen would be concerned - unless MiniPET has had a mystical revelation while in Europe.

Do you believe in miracles anyone?...  :silverpot:

Hummm...  What you sell for profit, euh...  Maybe that wasn't addressed to me after all.  Everything i contributed with in cyberspace was for free with no strings attached.  M'well, i do appreciate respect once in a while but even that would seem like fantasy day-dreaming these days.  Our cannabic communities have become as driven by bigotry than the anti-cannabic prohibitionists themselves, a result of anonymous cyberspace dynamics i presume:  controversy sells and the hate of love / love of hate works wonders in that department...

But this is hardly beneficial on the long run IMO.

Money will change hands and it will multiply; some of mine will engulfe their monopoly jackpot i guess, in the name of children while police continues to commit deadly abuses of force over "Marie-Wouana" in the Commonwealth.

Dude i thought this is the counter-counter spin forum not the conspiracy forum. Wink wink nudge nudge. 

Salutations Rider420,

...conspiracy...

Oh please don't refrain from volunteering any relevant information. So far nothing has changed except there are more angry people after the elections day, or at least some of us have enough reasons to feel anxious... M'well, if one happens to be in favour of cured, "bio" grade, dry-flower CBD-rich cannabis costing less than 2 $/g, etc., etc.  I'm probably in, but tell me first what i get for providing my civic name and address, etc., etc.  With a fingerprint and an eye scan perhaps!!

Hummm...  Any idea what real paranoïa could be like actually?

Anyway the prospect of Big Prohibition may not be over yet just because Harper has walked away. So far i see nothing to dismiss the idea that MiniPET's "legalization" is in fact another coin-expression for plain old prohibition.

IN THE NAME OF CHILDREN!

Legalization based on a fundamental division between good and evil, worthy vs sinful, medical vs recreational (etc., alleluya!!!) spells prohibition to me. Sorry but that's no weird thought considering Michel, Justin's brother, was scheduled to appear in court over some cannabis-related charge, before he died in the mountains...  And of course lets not forget to mention his mother who got into some trouble of her own and then wrote another book where it would be mentioned in a paragraph, etc., whatever.  I didn't read the book.

Now, the father was not simply into politics:  he was running the whole country as Prime Minister, euh...  aHummm!  Which reminds me we got the army in our streets thanks to that gentle fellow...

And i should expect his father's son to manage with cannabis in an objective manner??

:cheeky:  :spin:  :canadian:  :moon:  :rotflmao:

MouHa!  Ha!  Maybe THAT is what i should laugh at out loud!...  At best MiniPET may be a man of honour who will eventually garantee *ALL* Canadians can finally feel safe relatively to cannabis in this country.

Yet is this going to divert today's public prohibitioni$t budget$ toward more socially-productive tasks?  Ya no, something trivial such as fact-supported education, for example?...

Etc.

M'well, at least you tried.

Good day, have fun!!   :peace:

It's no conspiracy Rider.  It's our reality.

It's no conspiracy Rider.  It's our reality.

Good luck guys better watch out or "they" will get ya. ROLMFOA FYI so legalizing alcohol was just a trick too eh. Gotta love it.;

Edited by Rider420

Euh...

M'well.

After a 3rd ignored opportunity to contribute constructively instead of targetting eventual participants to an equally eventual discussion...

[ IGNORE ]

Sometimes life's so simple, e.g. que sera sera!