Guevara86

Can you roll a Cannagar?

Now the trick for a true as in the most cigar like canna cigar would be finding out how and where to actually ferment the fan leaves. Also cubans. Need to hire a cuban.

• Upvote 2

This does look like something fun to do. I got skewers and twine...and the cannabis :)

But, I don't have a cuban.

I remember the Sienfeld episode, Ohio! LOL

Edited by Ganjajuana
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, EiffelSmoker said:

I'll get to try this very soon!

Do you have some growing?

• Upvote 1

@Shadey I'm still preparing my hydro system, the clay pebbles are being treated actually! 

Once I've harvested I'll try this technique. Seems long and tricky, but i'm sure the result totally worth it! 

How bout you?

Yeh, It certainly looks fun to try, I have a tented organic soil grow running at the moment, in the grow file forum. What are you treating the clay pebbles with?

Unfortunately I badly stored my clay pebbles from a grow to another, so when I wanted to put them back on the table, I noticed some "white-weird cotton" on some pebbles, so I decided to desinfect everything, with 2 corks of bleach dilued in my 100L tank (I work in Ebb&Flood), I never did that before so I hoped I didn't over concentrate it (I don't think so but we never know ^^)! 

I also saw some root rests in the middle of the pebble, so I count on the bleach to at least get rid of anything toxic for my future plants! 

Once this will be over, soon I suppose, I'll just put some water in my tank with a regulated pH of 5.5, in order to launch watering cycles that will put all the pebbles at the same pH in order to begin with the best parameters! I want an "all green grow" :)

I don't have a lot of practical experience growing, so I stick with my mineral Advanced Nutrients products (in order to finish the bottles ^^), then I'll be very interested by growing only organic, I just heard its harder to use than the mineral ones. What brand are you growing organically with? Or maybe you do your own nutrients yourself?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EiffelSmoker said:

What brand are you growing organically with? Or maybe you do your own nutrients yourself?

I use a JAW,S (Just Add Water)  soil from a company called Sohum Living Soil which is designed for growing Cannabis. It contains all you need for an organic grow, but I add home made teas made from things like worm castings, fertilizers, kelp meal, emulsified alfalfa sprouts and sprouted corn, Molasses that feed the micro bacteria in the soil. I do a lot of foliage feeding when in veg I find its a fast way to get the nutrients into the plants when the humidity is high but not when they are in flower as I try to keep the humidity lower then. They probably dont need any extra, it just makes it more interesting to tinker with the soil formula adding teas. They should be ready for harvest mid December so long as nothing goes wrong lol.

Make sure those pebbles are rinsed well, that bleach could cause a lot of problems, hydrogen peroxide may have been a better choice but not 100% sure on that. I know a lot of people add it to their DWC water to kill off bacteria that causes slime.

Hellow,

15 hours ago, Shadey said:

Make sure those pebbles are rinsed well, that bleach could cause a lot of problems, hydrogen peroxide may have been a better choice but not 100% sure on that. I know a lot of people add it to their DWC water to kill off bacteria that causes slime.

I talked with growers yeasterday night, they told me about that as well, but I wanted to act fast to avoid fungus spreading and only had bleach... I'll get a closer look at all that this weekend, but hydrogen peroxide isn't easy to find when you need more than 50 ml of a product (at least in Spain where I live), and is a bit expansive, but I don't want no miss so I'll consider it seriously and check the quantity I may need to treat 25-26 gal of pebbles! 

Thanks @Shadey;)

Regarding how your prepare your organic, I wanted to follow a similar way of doing it, I'm finding interesting things regarding how to work using symbiosis of natural elements, because this is also how I see growing organically! 

3 hours ago, EiffelSmoker said:

I'll get a closer look at all that at  the weekend the, but I don't want no miss so I'll consider it seriously and check the quantity I may need to treat 25-26 gal of pebbles! 

it doesnt need much, I can get a 1 liter solution of %5 hydrogen peroxide from the pharmacy here for 3$. I use it for killing fungus gnat larvae. I mix it down with RO (reverse osmosis) water. One thing I have learned is dont panic when I see a problem, as I tend to do things that make it worse by reacting without thinking about it properly, just causes me more problems later on.

3 hours ago, EiffelSmoker said:

Regarding how your prepare your organic, I wanted to follow a similar way of doing it, I'm finding interesting things regarding how to work using symbiosis of natural elements, because this is also how I see growing organically! 

Yes I agree, you feed the soil and the micro hoard feed the plant what it wants when it wants it, if you can grow alfalfa, clover and others in the pots with your weed they put the nutrients back into the soil as well, throw in some worms to break it down and digest the plant materials, just dont let the soil dry out fully, which is not what weed likes supposedly, as most people will flood and drain but it seems to work well. Its a slightly slower process but once you get clones and vege while you are flowering it can speed things up considerably.

• Like 1

@Shadey Well I know now whom to see when I'll be ready to begin this organic advanture!!

I'll tell you when I'll get the peroxyde, but even a low concentration such as 5% would be enough then? That's good because I thought it needed a good concentration and I didn't anything too much corrosive, but that's good

• Like 1

actually its 3% peroxide not 5%.  I Mix one part 3% hydrogen peroxide with four parts water to kill fungus gnat larvae. you would need to speak to a DWC grower to see what the dilution rate is recommended. You may find it in the hydro or organics forums here for that. 

5 hours ago, EiffelSmoker said:

Well I know now whom to see when I'll be ready to begin this organic advanture!!

There are lots of good organic growers on youtube

also brown guy is good

Kind of getting off topic here lol.

@Shadey definetely off topic since a week now XD 

From cannagar to organic grow and pebbles treatment, just a step forward! haha

But thank you for the videos and the tips, I'll go check that, I was lazy this weekend and spent my time out of my home ^^ 

• Like 1