Egzoset

Time machine

27 posts in this topic

Salutations everyone,

Today it's a special date for me as that's the day i got myself initiated to vaporism using an HerbalAire v2.1 (with ballons), 4 years ago exactly, e.g. about 3½ years after i quit smoking definitively.

In 2007 discomfort from smoke had gradually become such a major inconvenience i couldn't imagine i'd even be able to ever enjoy my favorite habit again. By chance i started reading about vapes as i tried to decide what e-Cig to offer on Christmass 2010, then i cancelled this project and bought myself a decent table model instead!

At 1st the machine appeared to work as expected, then after a long while it made me caugh to a point i found necessary to verify which of dryness or heat was involved:

rko6cz.jpg

11b5jxc.jpg

...in symbolic form:

6px7r4.jpg

FogBong!

These were cumbersome prototypical contraptions though, as a result i revisited the VaporGenie Classic pipe in hope for a portable alternative and decided to moddify it extensively to avoid combustion:

9u927a.jpg

2dlltt1.jpg

2qavak4.jpg

After roughly 6 months of frequent experiments/exposure i seemed to develop more allergy-type reactions, being unaware that winter house dryness just exacerbated my situation.

In any case (and thanks to those patient efforts!) i wish i could go back in time today and spare myself some of the frustration with this simple advice:  sometimes electric vaporizers are no good unless there's a water toy attached, while some butane pipes prove to be self-humidified at the source but their pre-heating would be better achieved using magnetic induction IMO...  In other words 4 years later the market still fails to address the most basic needs of people like me and no dedicated web site can correct it i'm afraid.  At least not yet!

:silverpot:

Maybe i should switch to extracts in replacement of dry flowers but that won't happen, meaning i've probably reached practical limits as i feel many more years would be required before real progress is made that includes Inlet Conditioning.

At best all present-day dry-air powered electric concepts looked awfully deceptive to me while an affordable butane solution such as mine reveals what's actually missing in existing products:  e.g. hot-gas (super-hot H2O vapor mixed with air, etc.) which i'd expect to inject heat somewhat more efficiently into my cannabic bowl, to carry away the noble molecules...

:peace:

UPDATE

Oh!  Many events occured since last winter, time to refresh...

Anything electric sounds trivial now, even my HA which isn't failing to the task which it's designed to perform!  But that's not what i need anyway and a recent remodeling session of my personalized VG pipe brought that old/long story to its final conclusion i hope.

A significant difference obviously exists between using only dry air in the heat-exchanger compared to a stream of air + H2O + CO2, for all practicaly purposes.  To me the simple explanation is that a mix of air and water vapor should be expected to improve heat density, so to speak.  Wether it's "electric dry" or not really means something in a situation where i can only rely on butane-based devices empowered by a stream of hot gases instead of electricity.

By the way, magnetic Induction isn't synonymous of electricity to me.  It can be generated in a mechanical dynamo with no coils, e.g. no wires at all.  Combined to the Curie effect a wireless IH element will self-regulate it's temperature at the point of contact, no additional delays involved.  Multiple alloys with different Curie points would support complementary functions: a drop-by-drop distilled water boiler/evaporator feeding the main heat-exchanger(s), etc.

No wires, no delays, just no room left for failure (read "combustion)!!

Implementation of packetized energy injection would promote ritual repeatability, near-instant pre-heating that occurs directly inside the bowl, while the last 1-shot convection-mode burst is getting ready, in the IH capsule, euh...

M'yeah.  Day-dreaming again!  :smokebowl:

Now lets recapitulate.  Ah yes, the few persons as myself experiencing difficulty in managing with the VG Classic pipe should keep their eyes open for this:

eplixh.jpg

Clean up your RADAR screen!!  :cool:

It was only 2 $, no credentials, no specifics.  The charming young person who attracted my attention on this was refering to some "screen", possibly a "filter" as i vaguely recall.  I can see it doing both, actually i reconfigured my VG sphere with it and the result was a pleasant surprize:

6gkmsg.jpg

Directly on top of the sphere's bowl screwing aperture the funnel gets larger in diameter, this is part of a cavity circled with metal walls and that's where the 6 circular objects aligned above need to be stacked, in the following order:  1 screen-wrap at 1st, with possibly eroded VG (SiC) puck inserted inside (this duo won't slip either way easily) - both are required.  Next the conical metal Unidentified Filter Object (  ;)  ), then depending on how badly eroded the front SiC puck has become have it wrapped it in a screen too, for mechanical support perhaps - with the screen inside.

Please notice a front-puck thickness of 4 mm would be some positive asset since it's directly exposed to blue "jet" butane flames.  Evidently the retention ring also helps to hold it all in place, ideally...

My flexible extension tube now collects condensed water droplets closer to the Plastic-on-Wood junction, it must be the result from moving my bowl as shown here:

245x0k2.jpg

M'yeap!  The sphere's former top-of-bowl aperture finally acts as the bowl itself while its former auxiliary cavity collecting tar residues, etc., now ends up contained by most of the handle's metal socket - which renders reclaims more enjoyable i think.  In addition, the screen (visible at right) covers another just a few millimeters below.  That one grows sticky after a few days, swapping position allows reclaiming from an empty bowl.  It works!

Oh and, past the wood path coming next there's a last metal grid inserted at the mating point, preceeding a light cotton ball.

Today i can only wonder what i might want to do next if i could get my hands on UFO bits cut into Curie-effect alloy(s), etc.

Day dreaming once more!!!  And yet it's only a glimpse seen through my "Plan-B" window!...

Some more...

14ng4qx.jpg

Salutations,

I've been testing new configurations these last few days, time to report for duty!

M'well, this tiny thing changed my fate in a bold way:

33os129.jpg

In retrospective it appears to prove my "shield/reflector" needed to gain weight while getting cone-shaped too, essentially.  It has more thermal mass to store some diverted energy, plus a convex profile as an attempt to "unfocus" radiative heat from intense flames...  It seems that's what i was missing all along.

:leaf:

x2pfmh.jpg

I found the little device in a Montreal local headshop.  My late readjustments no longer include a tripod glass deflector as a consequence of it but my SiC pucks got so eroded after the successive experiments i can't wait to evaluate thicker ones soon!!  4 mm for the front-puck and 3 mm for my top-of-bowl one.  The illustration above says 2 but that's a bit thin IMO.

The brass screen serves a double purpose, it's a mechanical support which "recharges" with heat momentarily.  Think of it as a delayed buffer, part of the heat gets diverted in hope to improve cannabic experiences with a more linear behaviour within my "range of application", i would say...  Once the flame is removed that metal mass acts as a radiator in a 17 holes heat-exchanger.  Some convenient multi-purpose design again!

:cheeky:

The transition has been radical.  No need to reverse bowl positions anymore, i'm back to the usual except i'd like to tweak this further so i can remove a screen or two from the hot path.

:happy:

In any case pre-heating is performed quickly and efficiently using a blue "jet" flame, then switching to a "candle" type of (yellow) flame it's possible to appreciate the herb in a way that's reminding me of my smoker days, in terms of a bursting cigarette-like ritual, but without the toxic waste from combustion of course - though i could ride the cutting edge if i wanted!  It's still a pipe after all, evidently.

:cheeky:

As for taste i must confess it's important to tame down the blue flame.

Water vapor accumulation inside my flexible PVC tube extension is the most visible repercussions as i recall:  it's almost nill unless my modded pipe has served some extended session...  Meaning people worried about eventual/potential butane-related intoxication should like it, at least they may in a true "Harm Reduction" context i figure.

The  whole contraption remains relatively affordable, quite efficient once finished climbing learning curves and possibly economic in multiple ways.  Actually i think on my death bed that might happen to be the only cannabic vaporizer i can reliably trust - m'well, everyone dies, correct??

So, lets forget electric units for me in any case as these would add misery to my torments in the worst moment possible and i don't want to go trying to catch a last ellusive cannabic sample ever:  this would be just too close to my vaporist definition of hell!  By chance i finally found what can really fulfill my own needs before i get there...  No thanks to some "dedicated" web site where i'm no longer welcome (never was to be honest), some for some reason.

Money, money.  Four years wondering in vain, lucky me i could take it into my own hands and prevail.  Many thanks to VaporGenie for the work they've accomplished by the way.

My next venture?  Perhaps the NimBinVap, or a Daisy that operate on butane...  With induction pre-heating in mind, evidently.

Good day, have fun!!

Edited by Egzoset

UPDATE:

mmy44i.jpg

More Update

w12ohf.jpg

There was little doubt in my mind about finding a suitable method for cutting VaporGenie's Classic SiC pucks in 2 parts.  This worked fine except somehow 4 mm + 2 mm + 0.3 mm doesn't exactly equal ~7.5 mm, which is close to the expected thickness of a genuine VG SiC flame "filter".  M'well, maybe it's more like 4.2 mm + 2.2 mm + 0.3 mm + 0.8 mm (from human error)...

:blush:

Oh by the way, this shall void VaporGenie's warranty i think!  So, never mind bothering the manufacturer over such radical modding.  The VG patent applies to a complete product and they won't sell replacement SiC pucks for all i know.

Yet it's OKay to cut and reconfigure if the customer will assume those changes.

2hcmfm0.jpg

Here it goes!!  :spin:

I got tired of mapple and i don't like the oak finish much so i selected black and kept blue for a "genuine" VG Classic reference.  So i can compare occasionally, as i must account for acquired skills and the learning process, etc.

The "UFO" Element was a nice finding, i wish i knew where it came from and what metal alloy has been used exactly, although this looks similar to aluminium i guess.

2wfj0c9.jpg

I removed 1 mm by filing its base off, so the "UFO" Element is now 4 mm thick instead of 5 as previously.  The lesser mass feels appropriate, it's installed at the core as follows:  4 mm thick SiC Front-Puck + 4 mm thick UFO Element + 2 mm thick SiC Puck + Brass Screen  + Air Layer + 2 mm thick SiC Top-of-Bowl Puck and assorted Stainless Steel Screen...

:pothead:

In terms of "ritual" i'd comment the organic interface and simili-musical instrument aspects add value to the hobby.  At 1st i pre-heat quickly with a blue "jet" flame, applying more succion force initially, so the red-hot spot is maximally constrained around the center UFO channel which happens to correspond to its longest path, promoting heat-exchange and short-term storage while excess heat starts pre-heating my cannabic bowl.  It's important not to overload the core, for that reason pre-heating at high succion speed only last a fraction of a second and the rest proceeds at a much slower rate, to enlarge the red-hot spot so it covers more of the shorter path channels (there are 17 of them)...

The second phase relies on a yellow "candle" flame instead, anyway it's what i intend to evaluate at the moment since i lack power with my newly acquired butane blue-flame lighters...  Ideally an IH version of pre-heating phase wouldn't require 2 types of lighters, of course.

:biggrin:

Combusion has become quite some rare event compared with the genuine VG Classic pipe which i don't believe i'll ever manage to operate correctly.  By chance my new elongated core setup could mean i won't have to cut my black spere, or the spare one i got aside...

:coffee:

So far i've been attempting to cope with tasty "pepper" like experiences, those are dense and satisfactory in ways reminescent of smoker pipes or cigarettes - without the nuisance of combustion.  My consumption profile could eventually shift towards some coffee/wine model of appreciation i would say.  Possibly depending on self-grown THC-CBD balanced dry flowers some day!...

Briefly put real nice progress has been made and hence customers like me who find it difficult to handle a genuine VG Classic should feel welcome to seek inspiration in here.  At least it works for me (actually it's the only thing that will!)...

Good day, have fun!!  :peace:

Great read. It took me a long time to find an effective vaporizers, those cheap desktop types are garbage.

Salutations MikeBlazer,

Great read.

And thank you for passing by as this happens to be a particularily good day for me!

292pmps.jpg

Finally it appears customers (me included) can hope to retain VG's genuine look while fine-tuning its sphere's core in order to implement suitable "jet" (blue-flame) compatibility.  The other good news is it only requires a 46 tpi saw blade to cut the SiC puck in equal halves ~3 mm thick each - all losses accounted for.  Once combined with a trimmed-down (4 mm thick) "UFO" Element (wrapped in a screen for support) the resulting SiC/metal structure finally feels just fine over the enhanced operability range (it works well with/without using a PVC flexible extension, with/without a yellow "candle" flame).  IMO anyone's acquired skills should fill the gaps easily if/when an appropriate lighter is available.

It took me a long time to find an effective vaporizers...

The worst part of it was to hope for something that doesn't exist: ideally i would need some hypothetical electric vaporizer built with separate/contained paths and Inlet Conditioning operating on Superheated Water Vapor...

iel943.jpg

Most unfortunately it seems Hot Dry Air is a No Go for me, so it took that much...  E.G. a 46 teeth-per-inch saw blade to cut the VG SiC puck in halves, so i can fit in some 17-holes (still) Unidentified Filter Object.

It's been a long while since i wished to regain the genuine external look, except for my addition of a 3/64" (dia.) "PinHole" ("à la Vapman"...) that i've made sure to drill with a significant angle, so inlet fresh-air mixes with cannabic vapor even closer to the auxiliary chamber, further away from my mouthpiece or mating termination.

Cotton can be installed conveniently in a flexible extension, it's also possible to insert some paper pipe filter (after it's cut to fit in) using the genuine external VG Classic layout.  Such filtering may seem desirable though i noticed better taste/aroma appreciation as the path shortens/simplifies.

Evaluations became quite pleasant & rewarding lately; "pepper" style testing shall continue a little longer...

Actually that's almost, euh...  Addictive!...  :borg:

Good day, have fun!  :peace:

UPDATE

Well, i continue exploring this idea:

30clt9l.jpg

In addition i evaluated a scenario with nearly equal twin pucks:

awydlw.jpg

Then it seemed appropriate to use an old item, the "Tripod" support (2nd box):

ff7ipe.jpg

Which was replaced by a simple screen not long after. The brass one tops the screwing-base aperture (almost flush, slightly recessed), it holds the Top-of-Bowl SiC Puck and also closes the vaporisation bowl (when the sphere is on) as it protects its contents from overheat, ideally...  The Tripod?  Other than for its mass i'm not sure it mattered.

Combustion is no big concern anyway, i guess the "focussing" effect previously observed has been suifficiently compensated for:

muzsko.jpg

As for the "PinHole" conduit it's now drilled at a ~30° angle to elongate it and displace its internal ending closer to the auxiliary chamber, under the vaporizing bowl.

This is an hybrid sphere for an hybrid ritual.  Pre-Heating is performed using a blue "jet" flame, only for a relatively brief moment.  Then i prefer to switch to a yellow "candle" flame if possible (suitable/reliable lighters are difficult to find though!)...

My thumb blocks the PinHole during pre-heat, i release it near the end after i started vaping with the yellow flame (which feels more rewarding since the blue flame can be brutal and it lacks nuances), etc.  Somehow it enhances my ritual further, i'd even say like such organic modding could render my pipe vaguely similar to a musical instrument...

Edited by Egzoset

A bit more update...

2a0alqe.jpg

Actually today's last configuration happens to be my proglem solver!

The UFO Element now sits tightly inside the Screwing-Base Aperture and it's covered by a ~1.5 mm thick SiC Top-of-Bowl Puck wrapped in brass screen.  Inside the SiC core is ~4.3 mm thick, meaning it should be possible to cut both parts using 1 pipe only.

Notes to myself...

Toking step/Sphere #1

~4.5 mm Front-Puck in main Sphere cavity
~4 mm (trimmed at the base and also in circumference) UFO Element
1.5~2 mm SiC Top-of-Bowl Puck wrapped in brass screen

Toking step/Sphere #2

~3.2 mm Front-Puck in main Sphere cavity
~4 mm (trimmed at the base and also in circumference) UFO Element
~2 mm SiC Top-of-Bowl Puck wrapped in brass screen

Toking step/Sphere #3

Genuine VG Classic (~7.5 mm) Front-Puck in main Sphere cavity
4 mm (trimmed at the base and also in circumference) UFO Element

Proceeding by sequence, as the vegetal load gets depleted, has improved results with inclusion of the "pepper" effect and even the "punch in the face" experience, i would say...  It's a very potent/appreciative tool and flirting with near-combustion now even seems possible.  At least there's nothing left after 5 ~ 6 tokes and the roast will be even if i care to stirr my bowl between inhalations/sphere changes...

Essentially speaking this case is solved and quite ready to provide more hints about an eventual "Plan-A".  Insertion of temperature/pressure sensors would allow implementation of bio-deedback and ultimately offer some guidance as to what Curie point(s) is(are) required in a "Plan-A" Butane-less Induction Heat scenario.

Etc.

Salutations,

First things 1st, be warned it would be better have a reliable friend present while duplicating this configuration:

m8phsj.jpg

Additionally, here's some nice finding of mine which explains the benefits of super-heated steam, possibly also when applied to a vaporist application:

Why_2.jpg
Why Superheated Steam?

Except my bowl is only 125 mg and the toke gets performed in a matter of seconds.  Anyway, IMO this may be how the modded VG pipe now appears to reach a range similar to what's described by dabbers...

So, you've been warned!...

UPDATE:

Here's an alternate "Training" sphere configuration:

30dcg1y.jpg

Salutations,

More progress using any butane lighter i could get my hand on locally, including a kitchen torch, combined to the new "training" configuration, once transfered to my old mapple sphere now providing some shorter flame-catching funnel...

111l00w.jpg

se3k8p.jpg

Last night after cutting/plugging/drilling another sphere for Water Toy experimentations:

2eoe9n9.jpg

33uqzx0.jpg

I should have tried that before but i wanted the sphere done right first.

M'well, how to put it?...  It seems i'm quite ready for Christmass!  :biggrin:

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

Salutations,

It's been a while since i wanted to show the core without its wooden shell plus somewhat more acurate measurements, so here it comes:

post-113665-0-44463600-1448125342.jpg

( Alt. Image Source: http://oi63.tinypic.com/js0l7l.jpg )

The main cavity bloc is ~20 mm long while its screw-base section ranges slightly above 5 mm deep.  My assumption was that a thicker SiC Front Puck might work better with even stronger "jet" flames but that seemed to hurt compatibility on the low-power side so i feel additional exploration tests should gravitate somewhere around using a 5 ~ 6 mm thick SiC Front Puck  +  1.5 ~ 2.5 mm thick 17-Holes (~1.3 mm dia. each) Metal Disc  +  2 ~ 3 mm thick SiC Top-of-Bowl Puck wrapped in brass screen (0.4 mm thick), eventually.

So, considering i like easy-to-remember figures i guess it may very well become 5½ + 1½ + 2½, for example.  Too bad for me a single SiC puck shall cost 90 $ CAD a piece, because those don't sell separately to be exact...

Edited by Egzoset

ADDENDUM

Decidedly, the "punch-in-the-face" (presumably dab-like) effect previously experienced feels like something i'd rather prefer to avoid on a permanent basis, hence i've been trying to find some middle range lately...

post-113665-0-35564600-1448251950.jpg

( Alt. Img Source: http://oi63.tinypic.com/16by8tj.jpg )

My layout now under test describes as follows, starting with its flame side on the left:  one SiC ~5.75 mm thick Front Puck (~13.66 mm dia.), one Metal 1.5 mm thick 17-Holes Disc (~12.6 mm dia.), one SiC ~2.33 mm thick Top-of-Bowl Puck (~11.7 mm dia.);  one brass screen (not shown), once wrapped it measures ~12.45 mm dia. (externally) while its mesh is ~0.36 mm thick.

Too much Front Puck SiC thickness requires more flame strength than would be felt suitable on occasions, while too much metal mass as a central core was felt to actually promote "punch-in-the-face" incidents, possibly because more heat got stored into it i figure...  That metal item has to be optimized between a need to prevent fast cooking of my bowl (not to mention eventual combustion inside!) versus a recent desire to explore brief though dense "pulse" mode and even flirt with near-combustion temperatures covering the whole range of goodies.

So far i expect selection of a less powerful butane lighter should limit overly-dense dab-like occurences, i think...

DIAPORAMA!

A VG Classic unmodified "monobloc":

2l8j6uq.jpg

Ideal diameter of removed wood portion is ~ 23 mm, this was 22:

jff284.jpg

Making a flexible tube with cheese cloth inside (to apply some bending tension, prior to heat-cycling):

2e194rs.jpg

Drill bit #55 in PinHole, sign of PVC aging:

2hmn1xl.jpg

My "Front Puck - Metal Disc - Top-of-Bowl Puck" notation:

sbn4fp.jpg

Trying to accomodate those seaking an easy-to-replicate solution:

qraqtz.jpg

2nd UFO Element added to the path:

2h4g41i.jpg

An easier-to-replicate PVC Tubing Extension, combined to a fully-customized Sphere:

1z6ry2c.png

Short (cut) monobloc scenario meant for "Micro-Bursting" shown below:

2wpqxlf.jpg

The next step:

2hf48s9.jpg

Having found a sweet-spot layout which proved to feel compatible with all scenarios, just a couple days ago, i can finally post numbers to serve as the starting point in my yet-to-come "Plan-A" contributions...

Merry Christmass!  :reindeer:

Good day, have fun!! 

Salutations Cloud9City,

Pretty sick rig! 

M'well, i sense that was meant as a nice gesture, thank you.

Unfortunately this is only "Plan-B" and there can be paradoxal results possibly resulting from having human errors integrated to the control loop.  Although my recent preliminary "Micro-Bursting" experiments have felt rejuvenating there's so much variance without "Plan-A" it has caused me to slow down trying to avoid "dab" like events where i need to sit, securely...  That's both excellent, in terms of application range, but worrying as my goal for "Plan-A" is full social acceptability, so i need to have "packetized" heat injection and that means Induction Heat + Curie alloys and that seems so remote in time i wish others will be willing to take over, sincerely.

The Syqe plans to offer precise dosage, i say maybe IH technology applied to the prototype model will do that too - but without electronics near my face (!), not to mention a power battery under heavy stress...  Now, if i'm correct, replicable doses should lead to a much healthier consumption profile; while my assumption is that this may help avoid abuse causing problematic episodes, etc.  Because, go figure...  It might even suffice to eliminate "addiction" scenarios which i like to associate with bigot prohibitionist interference:  after all, too many persons as myself got no other option but to smoke cigarette "joints" for decades while those are similar to balloons and their "locomotive" effect today, etc., etc.  E. G. Prohibition is NOT synonymous of progress, quite on the contrary!...

:whistle:

Also, since my allergy signs resurfaced last week, briefly after i attempted to rework the Calumet setup which provides lesser eye-contact over a torch flame, euh...  It could mean i'll want to try a full-custom VaporGenie's Aluminum Pipe considering this is no ferro-magnetic metal.  But then there's the cannabic bowl i'd need to keep in a stand-by state near 135 °C or so, with a core storing 1 heat "bubble" above 200 °C temporarily, between a pair of semi-permeable SiC discs where each cell holds an air pocket:  when air moves the eneregy charge enters the bowl almost instantly.  Then, ideally, once thermalized the noble goodies would exit and escape the sort of baking from slow traditional electric-dry contraptions.  The amount of stored energy being limited by Curie-alloy mass combined to its thermostatic temperature at saturation (i figure), this should imply only a finite quantity of energy can be absorbed by our precious trichomes as they vaporize.  Then the hybrid core becomes depleted and then it shall cool the remaining cannabic load real quick - hopefully BEFORE combustion can even start taking place...

In clear terms it means i've reached a point when it's time to pass the relay or find Curie alloys to be shaped into IH-compatible replacement parts.  Not an easy challenge for me who's about ready to stand down, in a country of bigot politicians i can't trust anymore...

:silverpot:

So, it turns out i'm currently preparing a "Plan-A" (Lava) post at slow pace which will be intended, if the system will support it, for direct viewing on a tablet in .PNG format (for quick/convenient finger browsing).  That way my "Plan-B" fits on a pair of files, as for "Plan-A" there's a single 1 and that's all.  When it's ready my hope is that this will survive net glitches long enough to reach the next man up the ladder, too bad if we never talk.  All i want is to spread those ideas, perhaps you can help share it around when it's done, before next mid-February.

In any case, thanks for the surprize.  It's been quiet in here and when it was not there were times when i wished it were...  That's life i guess!

To conclude, i'll say i was pleased if you are; after all "Plan-B" does meet my needs at the moment - and beyond...

Edited by Egzoset

Salutations,

There's been additional refinements performed since the fall last year, some echo of it was posted in the French-Canadian section and also a few other boards as well actually, though it sort of dispersed it at random here and there as i no longer lurk around much anymore, so i started gathering pictures on this freely accessible resource instead:

Google+ - Collections - Canadien Français - Vapo
[ https://plus.google.com/collection/AsJSIB ]

My ability to post decent pictures on this system has plumetted to nothingness anyway:

You can upload up to 2.99KB of files (Max. single file size: 2.99KB)

Euh... No point insisting any further i guess!   :computerpunch:    :smashcomputer: 

Observed phenomenons i tagged as the "pepper" and dab-like "punch-in-the-face" effects have been dealt with, it turns out my Hybrid Core was simply holding too much "Heat Charge" and hence the solution was to explore configurations with less massive elements.  Not to mention i rejected the kitchen-size torch in the end...

Eventually 2 Hybrid Core configurations (respectively specific to the "Classic" look Aluminium and the Bronze Sherlock models) have emerged after i realized the Spheres no longer felt reciprocally compatible once adjusted for a given aerial layout which now appears to differ between the two.

My all-time winner is the Aluminium unit in retrospective: 

While VG's Bronze Sherlock gets the 2nd place:

As for "ritual" this has evolved significantly, to a point it has very little in common with the manufacturer's own directives:

Essentially the sequence consists in Injection of a "Heat Charge" (Pre-Heat), once fire has been removed Release (Heat) of the noble molecules can start using Stored Energy, then it must be Transported (Inhalation) away from the Bowl or it will bake.  Then finally the path needs to be emptied in order to keep it clean (Purge).

Both metal pipes were really enjoyable although my preference was to prioritize eye-contact eventually.

Last but not least i now have managed to evaluate some numbers for preliminary "Plan-A" discussions:  e.g. 180 +/- 10 Joules out of a 25 Watts source should support IH injection times below the 10 seconds mark when a Bowl in a full symetrical LavaWand capsule is empty (provided raising the 17-Holes Metal Disc temperature to 250 degrees Celisius would be sufficient - which still calls for experimentation, naturally)...

My hope is that others will be motivated enough to explore the matter on their own, so i can still be contacted privately via e-Mail @ Egzoset -arobas- Yahoo -dot- Com, no strings attached, but please take note i don't acknowledge "invitations" and sush similar requests on Google+, FaceBook, etc.  M'well, at least not without a proper introduction these days...

Good day, have fun!!   :peace:

Quick update,

2a7c5xl.jpg

Notice cannabic path similarities/differences.  The Bronze Sherlock setup has stacked MouthPieces, its top DuckLips unit is typically removed after 3 ~ 4 tokes instead of switching Speres as in my previous experiments.  The alternative scenario has been made as basic/simple to implement as i could imagine, but this requires some more wood-crafting work - which is still less of a challenge than having to give PVC plastic large some permanent adapted forms using micro-waved hot boiling/steaming water followed by sudden cooling, etc.

Good day, have fun!!   :peace:

Salutations,

Finally there's a finalized solution:

Please consider the present dedicated threads SOLVED!  :canadian:

Have nice a 4-20 celebration!  :hippie:

Good day, have fun!!  :peace:

Salutations NostalgicGirl,

On 2016-07-21 at 11:20 AM, Egzoset said:

My hope is that others will be motivated enough to explore the matter on their own...  ...no strings attached...

On 2017-04-21 at 8:12 AM, nostalgicGirl said:

...love to see the finalized stuff 

Me too, while i still remain confident that my "Lava" fantasy concept is worth a (real) life of its own!

M'well, just in case you might need to stand corrected - because i'm not all too sure if your comment means what it appears to suggest...  Are you saying that you appreciate what you already saw or is that about having an impression about this dedicated thread promissing more than mere thoughts + observations, that in fact i simply intended for the sharing with other "thinkers" and experimentors, to eventually fuel more exploration hopefully (?), etc...  (My appologies for those multiple "you", "you", "you" of mine!...)

:wink:

In any case neither of us will ever see more of "that stuff" simply because it's "finalized" as it is, and i even announced it just above, previously.  But thanks, it gave me hope that i'm not alone perceiving beauty in multi-function implemented in basic means, etc.

Although there's plenty of real challenge left for the adventurous it doesn't imply i intend to continue, on the contrary:  as far as i'm concerned the present project has reached it's conclusion - and quite frankly this is way beyond what was called for initially, when related controversy 1st emerged on FC that quickly resulted in some rotten ever-lasting forum conflict(s) appearing to share the Evoke time-frame (...), by some coïncidence i'm sorry to recall every once and then:

15dp4yr.jpg ... efnkzr.jpg

A "courtesy" rememberance of Loto Labs, euh...

:fish:

So lets clear any residual confusion:  that's NOT a same game!  My findings got published the best i could, consistently trying to invite replication and then external evaluation, then more discussion(s), etc., etc...  Too bad those efforts were met with faint echo if not pure indifference/rejection, etc.

Lucky me, somehow the bright side is that i'm the only guy on earth having genuinely pleasant time with this customized/exclusive pipe/ritual, so far:  uncontested master in a kingdom of 1!...

:tongue:

A bit too lonesome for my personal taste i shall confess.

On 2017-04-21 at 8:12 AM, nostalgicGirl said:

This is great...

It was fun and beneficial, now it's functional.  I regret the manufacturer won't look at it if they can help it.

Sorry, no ready-made mercantile product of any sort to rent nor sell ("Plan-B" would violate VG's patent), but i can provide the phone number (in private) of that local Montreal specialized commerce where i found my "UFO" items, if necessary (i think i must have a Prohibition business card carefully stored for that specific occasion, picking up dust)...

But yes, i agree there's something obviously nice & clever when it comes to "Bi-Energy" concepts, evidently:  this is a fresh-new "niche" still free for the taking and yet i openly published my very first Induction Heat comment(s) in 2010 (...), surrounded by angry gurus and whatnot (in retrospective).

One of the most desirable aspects of IH mode is the possibility to take the power source away from a consumer's face/nose, to provide improved confidence over security, for example.  Another is that Inlet Self-Moisturization (using distilled water) is no big deal (contrary to doing that in dry-baking ovenizers!) and it shall take care of purists by removing carbonic gas and "comet dust" from our cannabic path!  Etc.  ...

Last but not least, using IH technology combined to the Curie effect there's just no need for complex/delayed control loops anymore, hence bringing down cost significantly while competing big players, not to mention that the Micro-Bursting consumption method combined to "Packetized" power injection (and associated ritual) turns their hardware solutions into excess weight scenarios (lots more trouble than what's really called for).

Briefly put, yes there's some greatness in these multi-purpose juxtapositions indeed (e.g. "more with less" design), etc.  Hence i'd be most pleased to be allowed to continue to think/hope we both saw a same beautiful thing.

:D

And thanks for passing by anyway!  :bye1:

Oups!  Almost forgot, lets include the following image for additional clarity:

e5oih5.jpg

This is simplified "Plan-B" (and/or half a "LavaCapsule" - using NO electric contacts, for starters!)...

On 15/02/2015 at 7:55 PM, Egzoset said:

Salutations everyone,

Today it's a special date for me as that's the day i got myself initiated to vaporism using an HerbalAire v2.1 (with ballons), 4 years ago exactly, e.g. about 3½ years after i quit smoking definitively.

In 2007 discomfort from smoke had gradually become such a major inconvenience i couldn't imagine i'd even be able to ever enjoy my favorite habit again. By chance i started reading about vapes as i tried to decide what e-Cig to offer on Christmass 2010, then i cancelled this project and bought myself a decent table model instead!

At 1st the machine appeared to work as expected, then after a long while it made me caugh to a point i found necessary to verify which of dryness or heat was involved:

rko6cz.jpg

11b5jxc.jpg

...in symbolic form:

6px7r4.jpg

FogBong!

These were cumbersome prototypical contraptions though, as a result i revisited the VaporGenie Classic pipe in hope for a portable alternative and decided to moddify it extensively to avoid combustion:

9u927a.jpg

2dlltt1.jpg

2qavak4.jpg

After roughly 6 months of frequent experiments/exposure i seemed to develop more allergy-type reactions, being unaware that winter house dryness just exacerbated my situation.

In any case (and thanks to those patient efforts!) i wish i could go back in time today and spare myself some of the frustration with this simple advice:  sometimes electric vaporizers are no good unless there's a water toy attached, while some butane pipes prove to be self-humidified at the source but their pre-heating would be better achieved using magnetic induction IMO...  In other words 4 years later the market still fails to address the most basic needs of people like me and no dedicated web site can correct it i'm afraid.  I will always prefer to buy bongs at lemon-smoke.com but now it wasn't so much an option. At least not yet! Maybe i should switch to extracts in replacement of dry flowers but that won't happen, meaning i've probably reached practical limits as i feel many more years would be required before real progress is made that includes Inlet Conditioning. At best all present-day dry-air powered electric concepts looked awfully deceptive to me while an affordable butane solution such as mine reveals what's actually missing in existing products:  e.g. hot-gas (super-hot H2O vapor mixed with air, etc.) which i'd expect to inject heat somewhat more efficiently into my cannabic bowl, to carry away the noble molecules...

I know exactly what you mean, the act of smoking feels dirty to me now after vaping so long. I'm really glad you posted the vapes that connect to bongs, I had forgotten that was an option! Really need to try that