Edwin

Smart Meter Information Reveals Cannabis Gardens

btw - we finished House Arrest and Curfew and are halfway through our community service hours.

6 more months of unfreedom (the judge saw his shadow - and so did we).

Crowd funding announcement soon!

And its summertime.

Another case of the sunshine listers all with their greedy little hands in the pot:

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/10/08/grow-op-sting-lengthy-court-case-ends-with-whopping-10-fine#disqus_thread

I bet smart meter data played a role in this raid.

Good luck with your case Edwin I hope Paul Lewin will help you to proceed with the appeal if the necessary funds are not raised.

Fantastic news! Without reading up on the entire process it appears that three judges will be making a decision with this appeal. Let's hope they can see the bigger picture here. Smart meter surveillance violates section 8 of the Charter.

Yes it will be 3 judges reviewing the decision of our trial judge. We expect a hearing date somewhere between April and June. They will not be reviewing the criminal portion related to cannabis production but will be reviewing the Section 8 violation solely. We brought a lot of evidence forward and we think the judge erred in his interpretation of the evidence that is based on decisions already made by the Supreme Court of Canada in favour of privacy. 

The Appeal Court will also have to decide whether or not Hydro is a government entitiy and subject to the various privacy legislation and the Charter.

This will be a precedent setting case to be sure.

Salutations Edwin,

The Appeal Court will also have to decide whether or not Hydro is a government entity...

Simply being curious, is that related to this:

Section #32 - Application of Charter

« The purpose of this section is to make it clear that the Charter only applies to governments, and not to private individuals, businesses or other organizations. »

Good day, have fun!!  :peace:

Trying to update the site as much as I am able. Our lawyer is prepping a statement and we will be at 420 Toronto.

www.righttoprivacy.ca

I'm curious about the status of this case. What is going on? I checked your site a while back and saw a great video of Lewin talking about this at 420. Now when I try to visit your site my computer blocks it and I get a trojan virus warning. Perhaps some "stakeholders" don't want you spreading the word about this?

Something is up with the site - I think I have it solved. The latest is that we will present our Smart Meter Right to Privacy Charter Challenge at the Court of Appeal for Ontario, November 7, 2016. 10th Court.

That's great news. Think of all the implications of this case considering we have Bill BLIAR looking after the "legalization" process. We should expect zero tolerance for recreational / medical growers and we should expect our smart meters to be watching. Remember Bill the narc, Bill the liar was the first police chief in Canada to oversee warrantless smart meter surveillance investigations. Think Bill cares about your rights? Not one bit. The police, firefighters, utilities etc will be pushing for warrantless sharing of the data. You've got some power lobbyists to fight and it will be a tough one. You've got Lewin on your side and that's a big bonus. Hopefully you will have a decent and honest panel of judges that recognize the invasive abuse of rights at play here. Btw - it's funny that Lewin says the privacy commissioner doesn't care in his video. It's so true it made me chuckle. Also very interesting that he has contacted the utilities and asked them if they continue to spy without a warrant and share the data. If what the utilities are saying is true - that they are not at the moment but waiting for the outcome of your case, then that is a serious win for all of us. Keep lighting a fire under their asses. We are all routing for you!!

Salutations BTDT,

...we should expect our smart meters to be watching.

It's recorded data so i suppose analysis doesn't have to occur simultaneously:  it's valid as long as the indoor cultivator hasn't moved to a different address...  There's no telling what future politicians may decide to do with it.

Good day, have fun!!  :peace:

So I was searching the appeals court website to see if there has been a decision on this case and I see nothing. Hopefully they are just taking their time carefully coming to the correct conclusions we would all like to see. BTW - I found an old smart meter case from 2009 on their website that proves Toronto Hydro is looking at your electricity consumption every 15 minutes:

[6]          On April 21, 2009, Detective Constable David Wallace received an email from Debbie Kupcho, an employee of Toronto Hydro Electric System, alerting him to a possible marijuana grow operation at 39 Patricia Ave. 

[7]          Kupcho provided DC Wallace with hydro readings for the property and two nearby properties, 37 Patricia Ave. and 40 Patricia Ave.  She also provided him with a Smart Meter graph, which showed the hourly consumption of power at 39 Patricia Ave.  The Smart Meter takes amperage readings every 15 minutes.  This information is then transformed into a graph that shows a building load over many days.   

Here's the link to case if you would like to see it:

http://www.ontariocourts.ca/decisions/2013/2013ONCA0285.htm

You are not billed in amps so I guess they think it's ok to take a reading every 15 min rather than every hour and not tell you this. Amps are easily converted to watts so what's the difference really? I knew the smart meter was capable of 15 min readings but this is the only evidence I have ever found that a Canadian utility is actually doing this. Be safe out there people and use this knowledge to your advantage.

Still no smart meters in Alberta tho the gas company replaced my gas meter with one that has some sort of device on it so they just fly over the area once a month to pick up the usage readings.  No wires to it at all so I have no idea how that works.  Fine with me as the gas meter is close to where my grow room exhaust exits under my shop and I already had the guy double-check for leaks once because of the smell. :)  Now they don't have to come on the property at all.

In ten years everything we own that is electronic will be spying on us.  I don't own a smart phone, smart TV or smart anything except my dog and he's none to bright.

:peace:

I've been very busy and didn't even notice the appeal in this case was won more than a month ago. 

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2017/08/15/police-need-search-warrant-to-get-hydro-records-in-grow-op-cases-appeal-court-rules.html

I'm absolutely thrilled for Edwin, Paul Lewin and everyone else whose life was negatively affected by this violation of rights. Too bad the other charges had to stick but the case is won nonetheless. I hope the crown has no plans to appeal. This is a huge victory for all Canadians who have the surveillance device called a smart meter installed on their homes. Having my smart meter data recklessly and illegally shared with police by Toronto Hydro caused a really dark period in my life, one which I am still paying for. I hope the info I provided to Lewin helped this case be won. If it wasn't for my father who helped me through this things could have turned out a lot differently. I really wanted him to see that I was right and this case would be won. He was old and didn't really understand the data and how it was used. Too bad he passed away in June. Now we don't have to worry when we grow "4" plants legally next year LOL! Just remember to exercise caution out there fellow growers. The device is still on your house. It hasn't been removed.

• Like 1

Finally some courts are fighting back against the constant erosion of our personal privacy rights.

Our local Co-op wanted my SIN to become a member and after a fairly heated discussion with the manager I opted out of becoming a member.  My wife caved in and got a card so we do get a small dividend cheque every year now.

May not seem like much but my dad told me about the hue and cry that came up when the SIN was first begun.  Like the tattoos Hitler put on the Jews they said.  Only for the purposes of keeping track of how much each worker puts into the social insurance program and not for general ID the gov't of the day promised.  Yeah.  Right.

All the world gov'ts are aiming for a cashless society.  Convenient for the consumer, save tax-payer money by not having to print cash, cleaner and easier for everyone to keep track of everything.

A perfect world. lol

Each generation lets more of these intrusions . . . intrude.  A couple more generations and no one will think twice about having your newborn baby implanted with a chip to make it very convenient for the New World Organization gov't to track your every step from cradle to grave.  It's already in all smart phones and any other "smart" devices along with cars that GPS your ass everywhere and can't be turned off.

One good thing about being an old fart is I've lived the life of freedom before the digital age and understand what we have lost and continue losing with every new advance in technology that lures the suckers in like a good side-show barker.

Facebook, twitter etc are making billions off peoples gullibility and ignorance about how much info they give away every time they click on ACCEPT.

Pity the fools.

:peace:

• Like 1

[ https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1117114/cannabis-marijuana-hydro-quebec-electricite-vol-compteurs-intelligents ]

SRC:  Hydro-Québec veut s'attaquer à la contrebande de cannabis (2016-Aug-13)

Le gouvernement du Québec consacrera 10 millions de dollars par année pour lutter contre la contrebande de cannabis, à l'image de ce qui se fait pour le tabac ou l'alcool.

En 2017, un projet pilote d'analyse des données tirées des compteurs intelligents dans la région des Laurentides a permis de repérer 101 sites de vols d'électricité, dont 37 étaient des serres de production de cannabis.  L'opération menée conjointement avec la Sûreté du Québec a conduit à l'arrestation de 47 personnes et à la saisie de 11 000 plants et 115 kg de drogue en vrac.

Par l'analyse de groupe, on est capables de savoir qu'il y a quelque chose qui ne va pas dans la cellule.  Pour nous, ça va être à l'origine de la démarche pour faire des inspections...

Québec's governement has a 10 M$/yr budget to fight cannabis smuggling, similarily to tobacco and alcohol.

Analysis of data from the Laurentides region revealed 37 cannabis greenhouses from 101 cases of stolen electricity.

The SQ police arrested 47 individuals and ceased 11000 plants + 115 kg of bulk "drug".

Group analysis makes it possible to detect leaks in a "cell" (e.g. even if it's not directly recorded), which shall be the initiating point for future inspections.

image.png.85155e25ee3b104f892063bfdbb21aab.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Euh...

5 hours ago, Kalavayr said:

But if you are a drug addict, you don't even care I suppose.

1st of all it's most inappropriate to perform such juxtaposition with junkies, as from this film which was supposed to "inform", many decades ago:

2052135137_ChristianeF.-WirKindervomBahnhofZoo(1981)640x640.PNG.14a5911043cd11a9d0bc4420e3faaab1.PNG

https:// s14.postimg.cc/cx3vo3s01/Christiane_F._-_Wir_Kinder_vom_Bahnhof_Zoo_1981_640x640.png ]

http:// oi65.tinypic.com/fwnc42.jpg ]

So little has changed.

💤

Anyway, should you "happen" to have followed Egzoset around forums recently it would be safe to assume my thoughts about economies based on "Fix-my-Kid" and "Kids-for-Cash" possibly à la Narconon Trois-Rivières (e.g. the one from 6 ~ 7 years ago in Québec) are no big secret, really:  e.g. true "a$$asins of youth" today still find convenient to blame cannabis users for permanent prejudice resulting from severe trauma which can be  induced by mis-guided 3rd-party (stranger) intervention($) early in life, all too often...  At most, (self-)serving little other purposes than to impose/propagate a sickening socio-toxic ideology while making a dime on it.

The fact is that it was a non-issue until politicians thought of instrumentalizing fear of the unknown between 2 wars (...), gradually taking over our public institutions in a sustained effort to VILIFY cannabis beyond belief, much as if it were a religion.  As a matter of fact bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionist propaganda distributed via mass media seems to be raging & strong right as we type, posing alcohol as a "legal" socially-acceptable lifestyle when compared to "dope"!...

So, it appears to me this government came to contemplate terryfiying kids with the prospect of destroying their family, should their parent(s) get a 14-yr prison sentence over cannabis in the house, for example.  Etc., etc...  Which ain't about "healthy ways" at all judging from my own so-called "addict" perspective - if that's how you like to put it!

We can talk again when Trudeau has released his grip on CBD, to allow fighting THC-centrism.  Then there will be the matter of consumption tool + ritual...

Just don't hold your breath!

Good day, have fun!!  🍸🍷🍻

• Like 2