Guest MedPotMarc420

Windows IE 11 browser not fully compatible with IPB

Guest MedPotMarc420

Hi my Friends! biggrin.png

I have found out today that the Windows IE 11 internet browser isn't fully compatible with the IPB 3.4.6 CK text editor when trying to copy from other sources and pasting on the board as a post, but ALL previous Internet Explorer browser versions used to work just fine.

This is an issue with Windows, and it has nothing to do with Invision Power Board.

There is a way around this bug, but it's more time consuming.

When using your IE 11 browser, copy as usual what you want to post here, then, before pasting it as a post on this board, click on the 'toggle editing mode' button and paste your text.

The 'toggle editing mode button' is the first square shaped button at the left of the posting options (besides the pink and white eraser button).

Then, once your text is pasted, you will have to revert to the original 'CK text editor' by clicking on the 'toggle editing mode' again to add copied pictures (if permitted by website), change the text size for the title, text colour, etc.

But to avoid all this unnecessary time consuming trouble, I strongly suggest to download the latest version of the Mozilla Firefox 26.0 browser, as it has NO bugs, and I love it too! biggrin.png

Other internet browser versions like Google Chrome, Ubuntu and Opera shouldn't have the same issues as the IE 11 internet browser.

With the CK text editor, separating text lines and paragraphs is mostly efficient if done manually by clicking on the 'toggle editing mode' button as well - and then reverting to the normal CK text editor by clicking once more on the 'toggle editing mode' button.

IPB (Invision Power Board) will have a new text editor with their future 4.0 board version, and it's only until then that the above issue will be solved.

Windows will probably come out with a patch to solve it's IE 11 browser issue with the CK text editor in the near future - hopefully. :)

Peace,

Marc

Edited by medpot

Guest MedPotMarc420

P.S. Thanks to notsofasteddie for making me aware about this issue by PM earlier today. :)

Marc

Guest MedPotMarc420

Good news! :D

I found a bug fix for the board's CK text editor used with the Windows IE 11 internet browser.

I just solved the same issue on an other IPB 3.4.6 board, and it works just fine now.

If Karlis or SeaWeed want to fix this issue, here's the link on how to do it;

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/395212-any-plans-to-make-editor-in-ipbiard-34-series-ie11-compatible/#entry2446135

Marc

Edited by medpot

I have had the same problem with FireFox in TOR.

Ctrl-C to copy and Ctrl-V to paste works when the usual won't too.

I banished EI from my computer long ago and I recommend that others do the same.

The new TOR 3.5 is quite a nice upgrade and comes with FireFox 24.2.0.

:peace:

Lab, you have to click almost directly over the cursor when you right click to get the paste option. Not sure why, but this doesn't work at all in shoutbox.

Edited by GBuds

Lab's right: drop IE and run as fast as you can to any other browser out there.  Personally I've been an Opera user for ever, and it works fine here.