Sign in to follow this  
GBuds

Discussion

Oh yes, words on a page. So burdensome. Why don't you lock this thread or else I'll do this forever.

I'm not a martyr. I'm just not satisfied to shut up to appease people.

Yeah things happen at the rate they happen. Like the membership and the more numerous potential membership being disinterested in this ancient software long before somebody cares to tell someone else to.

Perhaps I am missing something in this argument, but to me it seems the most important point is being ignored: how to increase the numbers of 'active' members. Sure, some of us are miffed about various problems and issues, myself included. Rather than argue and point fingers, perhaps we should be worrying about the decline in use of this site.

After lack of daily-use membership, I believe the mod issue needs to be addressed, but not the issue of personal conflicts. Now, I am not on here every minute of every day, so my POV is biased, but..I can't remember the last time I saw a mod or admin here besides OC, Oh, and OG. It is unreasonable to expect three or four people to keep a huge forum like CC running cleanly and smoothly. Other sites have a separate mod for each forum - yet here it seems there is a move to stifle the addition of new moderators to help out. There are at least three people I can think of who would make great mods....four perhaps. If the powers that be cannot see this, then imo we DO have a real problem...

So, inside fighting and personal issues aside, imo this place needs more active mods and members. After all, isn't that was a forum is supposed to be about ? Not too long ago this site had a reputation of being hard on noobs...not something that helps attract new blood. That seems to have subsided, but now we are facing a much more serious problem -apathy: and it needs to be addressed.

CC was my first choice as a 'home base' on the net when it comes to cannabis. The forums had such a high number of new posts every day, there was always something new to read and respond to. For a year or so that has steadily declined, to the point where many of the core group have moved - temporarily or not, to another site. We need to retain these people, and do whatever we can to encourage they spend time here instead of somewhere else, and get back to where there are too many new posts to read at one visit smile

Just my 2 cents worth. Thanks for taking the time to read my rant.

You are right doobie.

Finding new mods is the next step, and one that is being worked on as we speak. If the membership have any recommendation, we would love to hear them, keeping in mind that not every person recommended will necessarily become a mod. (in other words, dont get pissed at me if the person you picked didnt get modded - we vote on these things and the owners have the final say)

So let the recommendations begin:

I'd sure recommend Doobie_my_Brother_from_another_mother for a mod position!

peace

I recommend tenotage or possibility aozo

Aozo, i heard he just got his degree from clown college.

The more clowns the better the circus!

I agree Doobie Brother and Dice seem to be on here a lot, GBuds is on a lot also.. I offered my services when I was temporarily made a mod to fix the links on my outdoor thread. That offer still is open.

I've been in and out of here for the last few years and I agree the attendance in the site has dropped significantly. Especially late in the evening when I usually have time to get on here.

I agree there are issues and don't see any use in rehashing all of the issues already addressed. Many valid issues were expressed.

You can't solve the problems with the same level of thought that created them. Time to focus on solutions and not on the problems... Solutions get more people on the forums. Get the forums back to the premier cannabis site on the internet. Get more people active in the areas of their choice.

This use to be the main source of cannabis information, new studies, news, etc. Now I get information from other sites and don't even see it mentioned in here...

Yes more streamlined forum with a more user friendly upgrades will help but it isn't the cure all for this site.

And while I was a mod, I killed my share of never ending spammers...

That's my $.02 worth...

Gbuds. He has so much knowledge. Prolly one of the best minds as far as growing that you guys have had here in quite some time. I think it would be a shame if he wasn't one of the new mods. Especially in the grow area.

For what it's worth I pm'd my choices to Sea, as I don't want to offend anyone or piss anyone off.

Well, I for am happy to see this thread take a positive turn. I hope to see things turn around here. I think we've had some good recommendations for future mods so far. I'm with everybody else in supporting DB for mod. GWizz....hands down. I think he'd make a great mod. I always thought LabRat would be a good choice. After all that has gone down, I'd really like to see Ohigho and OrganicGardener invited back to modding. Who could forget McLovin? Isn't that a guy a mod already? I think there may be some members lurking or absent simply because of the state of things here. If things turned around and more of the regulars were here more often I am sure one or two of them would fit in too. Just some suggestions. Not everyone wants to mod and not enuff room to make everyone a mod.

• Upvote 1

Yeah i choose mac muffin too, that yellow belly needs some appreciation. He's also one of the only people here i know who can keep his cool in any situation..

Doobs, also i would have to say you.

I can mod the stoner sexuality forum if you guys ever need a hand too, its about the only thing i guaranteed check daily.. hahahaha jokes, we all know id ban the first guy to post ugly boobs.

• Upvote 1

It would be nice to get another female mod to step forward..?

Does McLovin accept the nomination?

My apologies for the delay in putting these names forward. I had to make a fly trip to Alberta (only 20 hour drive) to check on my elderly mother who fell and broke her shoulder and a few ribs.