Sign in to follow this  
GBuds

Discussion

I had a dream that I was posting in a thread that was about the state of this site....nope, it wasn't one of the ones already locked. This was a new thread started by one of the Mods here. There were opinions of a few of the members here in said thread. There were also opinions of some of the Mods in that thread. It was wild. In the dream, CC Forums was set on a platform that was almost 20 years old.....weird dream. Good to log on and see our modern site is running tip-top.

I had that same dream, and the thread sounds nearly identical. I guess we shouldn't try and get this site better. It can stay the dinosaur it is. It's not like there are OTHER Cannabis related sites to go to. A haven for stoners if you will. I might have to start looking for a different haven for my stoner ass. . . .

I had a different dream. In my dream, Marc got out of jail and kicked the shit out of people bashing his wife, and threatening to post shit on her facebook page. This site could be better, and I hope it will be better, but for now, this is what we have, and nobody has any right to diss Jodie for it, so grow up.

I emailed Jodie today suggesting that she may want to respond to the 'mod strike' and recent criticisms of the owners in the forums. I was particularly concerned that the worst of the criticisms, and the most disrespectful, were from some members of the mod core as were the memberS (plural) who originally contacted me and asked me to intervene.

I understand the mods frustration. I love this place as much as any of you, as it is at the very core of some very important turning points in my life. I, like you want to see this place be the place we all know it is at its heart. I *KNOW* how thank-less and time consuming this place can be especially spam deletion.

BUT

I also recognize how impossibly busy Jodie's life is. My work in the real world of activism was only a sixtenth of the responsibilities that Jodie has to manage, and I found it overwhelming. The point is, I think that some of the mods here have stepped over the line. Our job as mods, and administrators is, in my opinion not only to delete spam and keep the forum running smooth, but to ALSO act as a support to Jodie (and by default Marc) in a time that is unimaginably difficult, and jam packed. We should be explaining this as best we can to the membership, instead of inflaming the membership.

Jodie responded to my email within 6 minutes. This is her response in its entirety:

'We have been busier than anyone can imagine and I struggle to barely keep afloat... This kills me. An update is coming - Karlis has been slow on it. But it's happening. I'll deal with the forums when I can, but trust me when I say I have a HUGE amount on my plate that they cannot even begin to comprehend - four business brands, 26 employees, a husband imprisoned far away and the exhausting time-consuming travel that entails, activism and election campaigns and media and more - again, so much more than they could possibly fathom. I do understand their frustration, but I wish they would show some respect. The disrespect is what's really the worst. That's unjustified and will not be tolerated. Thank you for giving me this update; I will check in when I'm able to get to a computer. This weighs so heavily on me and adds huge stress - I can't believe they would want to cause me even more grief. What kind of people are they? How can they not have any sympathy? frown

Oh, and you can share this with them all. I'll post as soon as I can.'

I think that maybe both the members, and the mods consider giving Jodie a bit of a break, and try to be a bit more empathetic to her situation.She is probably *the* busiest activist in Canada since Marc left and unfortunately *this* forum has had to be set aside more than once. Its about priorities - I would far prefer Jodie take the time to prepare for her interview with Sun News - than to spend it wrestling with the comparatively petty issues we deal with in this forum.

WE are a tough bunch, I think we just need to have a little more patience, and hang in there through these tough times.

SW

Quote:
I emailed Jodie today suggesting that she may want to respond to the 'mod strike' and recent criticisms of the owners in the forums. I was particularly concerned that the worst of the criticisms, and the most disrespectful, were from some members of the mod core of which you are not as you specifically told us long ago that you are too busy to participate on any basis approaching ours and divested yourself of the responsibility that we willingly took on daily. Once every few weeks does not match our sense of duty.as were the memberS (plural) who originally contacted me and asked me to intervene. This is a forum. The membership is important. But as you say "they" are disrespectful. I was a member long before I was a mod and oddly enough most of the active membership agreed with the "core".

I understand the mods frustration. One can understand the plight of a drowning man yet it has nothing to do with tossing out a lifeline. I love this place as much as any of you, as it is at the very core of some very important turning points in my life. I think we, individually and collectively have you beat in that respect.I, like you want to see this place be the place we all know it is at its heart.

Quote:
Yet you deride the ones who stayed and did most of the "doing".
I *KNOW* how thank-less and time consuming this place can be especially spam deletion.
Quote:
Fuck a thanks. We are, or rather, were volunteers who asked only for better tools to continue to be volunteers.

BUT What what in the butt

I also recognize how impossibly busy Jodie's life is. We didn't say shit for YEARS...My work in the real world of activism was only a sixtenth of the responsibilities that Jodie has to manage, and I found it overwhelming. No one ever said she was not busy.The point is, I think that some of the mods The actual ones you mean. Not the derelicts, has beens and now and agains.here have stepped over the line. Less stepped and more like drawn behind our backs.Our job as mods, and administrators is, in my opinion not only to delete spam and keep the forum running smooth, We did.but to ALSO act as a support to Jodie (and by default Marc) "We" kep there forum as a viable source of ad revenue for as long as we could.in a time that is unimaginably difficult, and jam packed. We should be explaining this as best we can to the membership, instead of inflaming the membership. we are the membership, the members talk to those of us who have been here daily.

Jodie responded to my email within 6 minutes. This is her response in its entirety: She must like you. What about the members and mods attempts?

'We have been busier than anyone can imagine and I struggle to barely keep afloat... trust me we can imagine. I wasn't gifted with advanced intelligence to not use it.This kills me. An update is coming - Karlis has been slow on it. I don't have enough fingers to count how often that has been brought up.But it's happening. Give us a hard date or it amounts to the same value as the previous times its been said. A hook.I'll deal with the forums when I can, but trust me when I say I have a HUGE amount on my plate that they cannot even begin to comprehend - four business brands, 26 employees, a husband imprisoned far away and the exhausting time-consuming travel that entails, activism and election campaigns and media and more - again, so much more than they could possibly fathom.Yeah your busy, we UNDERSTAND that even though you think we cannot. I do understand their frustration, but I wish they would show some respect. How many more years? How much longer? To what extent? We have shown respect. You have not. It's a mutual situation when it comes to volunteers.The disrespect is what's really the worst. Then we have mutual ground. But your not the one helping us.That's unjustified A clear examination and true understanding would show that to not have been the caseand will not be tolerated. Whatcha gonna do? Ban the people asking for timber to plug the holes in a sinking ship?Thank you for giving me this update; I will check in when I'm able to get to a computer. [/color]This weighs so heavily on me and adds huge stress - I can't believe they would want to cause me even more grief. [color:#FF0000]Well you shouldn't cause that not what we are about. Not our objective, at all. This would have been the last you'd likely have heard of use. heck, you wouldn't have been aggrieved at all at this point. What kind of people are they? A fucking lunatic for sitting on my ass to manually ban and delete hundreds of autofuckingmated credit card spam, kitchen, clothing spam, hard drug dealers then acting with such spite, indifference, blatant disregard and callous verbal abuse of volunteer modship and membership...How can they not have any sympathy? Wow, really.frown brickwall

Oh, and you can share this with them all. I'll post as soon as I can. Sure you will. The only time you come to the forums is to feed us a morsel of hope or berate us for running DEA fodder off.'

I think that maybe both the members, and the mods consider giving Jodie a bit of a break,More porage govna? and try to be a bit more empathetic to her situation. Two way street.She is probably *the* busiest activist in Canada No one doubts it.since Marc left and unfortunately *this* forum has had to be set aside more than once. then tell us the truth as it is as we have provided to her many a time. Its about priorities - I would far prefer Jodie take the time to prepare for her interview with Sun News - than to spend it wrestling with the comparatively petty issues we deal with in this forum. Sure is petty. But thats a matter of perspective. but the terms of pettiness blur as the days stretch.

WE are a tough bunch ahem, OG, OC and I., I think we just need to have a little more patience,Another year or two till the only people posting are Hand and TimJ about republicans and democrats in the US and nothing about cannabis or anything really pertenant and hang in there through these tough times so says the person who isn't on and has "access to a computer one hal hour out of the day".

Go ahead and delete this or move this into hiding. It will show your lack of respect.

And it all came to a head when Jodie and You decided to marginalize and insult us...me. Me. Such a disappointment.

Let it be not be forgotten that the owner thinks of you as selfish uncaring fools. You are the least of her concerns. That is a perspective I encourage you to ponder.

Cannabis Culture has become something greater than this site, the former magazine, the handful of businesses in Vancouver. It is an idea greater than its creator. Greater than his steward. And that is how its should be.

The child is divested of the mother and it will grow and it will outshine the dying embers of his desiccated womb.

Behold the Age of the global wired community. Cannabis Culture is worldwide.

I tried.

Peace and Potsperity folks, mutants, humans, humanoids,peeps, peoples and my friends. So many friends. Goodbye. legitimate sincere frown

Know this. I love this site. I do not love the state of it for some time now. Yes I can leave, have left, will leave again. Lots of members do. Some don't log in for years at a time. I meant no ill will to Jodie or anybody else. Myself and others really only wanted answers and action to things that are not that far out of the realm of reality. I am well aware of how busy life can get. I also know that some lives are busier than others. I hinted at this question in a now hidden thread. If the people delegated to do the things that need to be done do not have the time to get it done in a timely fashion, is it such a crazy idea to put some people in place to help them? Why would anyone take offense to the idea of moving forward with the site? I know that some things have been said that are not nice. I'm guilty. I like to be nice. I've tried to make my point in a less than "adult" manner with the start of this thread. The staff has lied to the members. The admins are literally barely active. THE ADMINS! Believe me when I say that I have compassion for all that you have going on. There are people willing to help out with this site. Put some people in place to help.....or don't.

I know that mods can't do the upgrade. Is Karlis the only one capable of it? I mean that as a legitimate question. Don't read it as sarcastic bs.

Quote:
of which you are not as you specifically told us long ago that you are too busy to participate on any basis approaching ours and divested yourself of the responsibility that we willingly took on daily. Once every few weeks does not match our sense of duty

It has nothing to do with duty, but reality. I am raising four children, I am running a small business to feed those children, I am also caring for another set of 3 children. Additionally, I have been dealing with a renovation of the suites in my duplex, doing most of the work myself. My computer blew up a month ago, and my time here is on borrowed time. (yet when my help was needed I am here) Is it my mistake to believe that the mod core could handle the spam deletions when there was another Admin to handle the gate? (keep in mind I was unaware that this particular admin was letting EVERYONE in) Since there should have been next to no spam to deal with - my presence was not essential, not at the expense of everything else I was doing - which you will notice - NONE of which were preformed in front of computer.
Quote:
This is a forum. The membership is important. But as you say "they" are disrespectful. I was a member long before I was a mod and oddly enough most of the active membership agreed with the "core".

Your right the membership IS important, and this place IS important. What you fail to recognize is that there are ALOT of REALLY important things going on right now, and CC is down a man. What do you do when its ALL REALLY important and you only have TWO hands?

Quote:
One can understand the plight of a drowning man yet it has nothing to do with tossing out a lifeline.

I am sure that Jodie feels the same way, though I can not speak for her... She has been drowning in it since Marc has been taken away, and still has a long road ahead. You guys want an update - your lifeline... She needs some patience - her lifeline. The difference is, the other things that have been prioritized over this forum really could NOT wait, whereas, the forum though extremely out-dated could.

Quote:
I also recognize how impossibly busy Jodie's life is. We didn't say shit for YEARS...
Not true. this has been grumbling about it, by mods, for years.

Quote:
Less stepped and more like drawn behind our backs.
Really? arent some things just common sense? When you are volunteering to take care of a forum it stands to reason that they expect you to not be creating animosity between the forum members, and the owners of the forum. Encouraging people to spam Jodie, post on her facebook, and go to other forums... You needed to be told this was over the line behaviors for mods?

Quote:
"We" kep there forum as a viable source of ad revenue for as long as we could.
This is laughable. Do you really think banner ads make that much revenue? I think CC *may* break even with the costs of server space....

I sense that you feel that my *somewhat* absence from the forums for the last few months means that I somehow dont deserve your respect for the YEARS of work I had done in the forums previously or that I somehow dont have the right to act when I see issues arise... I dont think it does. Some members anyway, think that my presence was necessary to deal with the ongoing issue of the update and the mods being upset and it would appear, that the issue is close to resolution... fair or not, I guess I just get shit settled.

SW

SW

And it all came to a head when Jodie and You decided to marginalize and insult us...me. Me. Such a disappointment.

You mean the your attitude had nothing to do with it? Its ALL Jodie and I?

Quote:
Let it be not be forgotten that the owner thinks of you as selfish uncaring fools. You are the least of her concerns. That is a perspective I encourage you to ponder.
Not at all. The owner was responding to my concerns about the disrespect that the mods (Mostly OG) were showing for Jodie and Marc. Suggesting people spam her email, post on her facebook, and having a crappy attitude and enflaming the membership at this time is what is selfish and uncaring.

Keep repeating yourself so you can justify your...

1. Censorship

2. Insulting the membership

3. Insulting the modship

4. Disregarding the concerns of long time members and mods

5. Abuse of admin tools to de-mod and ban mods

6. Abusing admin tools to "acquire evidence" of a non existent conspiracy. Yes, she is looking through your PMs people.

7. Harassing me personally on Facebook after being specifically told not to contact me.

8. Internet stalking myself and others offsite.

She is at this very moment, as I write this, sitting in a chat room offsite watching likely in hopes of generating evidence of a conspiracy so she may to turn it over to the "who gives a fuck" internet police.

1. and? this isnt a public space. we delete spam. we move nonsense.(Edit: In my fast response, I used this word but didnt intend it as thoughtless as it sounds. Its not nonsense, none of it is. It is often very important, but not appropriate to be public on the forum)

2. Your view. If the membership feels I have insulted them, why havent they said so.

3. Your view again. I didnt MAKE reality, I am just bound to it.

4. Again your view. You are taking it personality. I didnt MAKE THIS SITUATION at ALL - But you blame me for it.

5. Not abuse of tools when used appropriately. Ban mods who are being damaging to this forum... well you are logical.

6. How can I read peoples IM's unless the show me. evidence is not just gathered, it is also given.

7. Harassing you? Please. I asked to discuss the issue, you couldnt see past your own anger if you like I will post them in their entirety, who do you think is being reasonable... and who is ranting ?

8. Seriously? if I was stalking you do you think I would use one of my KNOWN names. LOL. I was checking out the site, how was I to know you were in chat. You just arent as interesting to me, as you think you are to me.

SW

How about we just end this and move on? What's done is done. Let's move forward. (I've been listening to a lot of mayor rob ford apologies lately). Every one of us, owners, admin, mods, users, have the ability in some way to make this place better or worse. Lets make it better.

Exactly.

If I were stalking you - wouldnt I use a name you didnt know. I was checking out the site (isnt that allowed?), if I was stalking you wouldnt I lie? Your anger blinds you. stop posting to me if you dont want a response. Go get centered Oh. you are off balance.

How about we just end this and move on? What's done is done. Let's move forward. (I've been listening to a lot of mayor rob ford apologies lately). Every one of us, owners, admin, mods, users, have the ability in some way to make this place better or worse. Lets make it better.

Agreed.

You entered the chat box 3 times and said nothing for 45 minutes. A person can certainly 'follow and observe' others not incognito. Its fucking creepy. No one is following you around the internet sending messages and sitting silently in chat rooms while you observe your fixations. Participate in a sane manner or leave us be.

*good grief*

I signed in once. Computer went to sleep while I was dealing with real life responsibilities. Woke up computer looked at the chat, signed out.

Who is being paranoid now.

Seems that you havent responded to anything I said. just accuse ppl of crap. Its a waste of time, energy, and effort.

Respond? Got it.

Quote:
1. and? this isnt a public space. we delete spam. we move nonsense.(Edit: In my fast response, I used this word but didnt intend it as thoughtless as it sounds. Its not nonsense, none of it is. It is often very important, but not appropriate to be public on the forum) Censoring widely held comments on a FORUM is crap. COGNITIVE DISSONANCE.

2. Your view. If the membership feels I have insulted them, why havent they said so. Because you banned them and others have said they will not return here due to your actions. Ergo you won't hear about it...here.

3. Your view again. I didnt MAKE reality, I am just bound to it. You used your admin tools, while not having the intellectual authority of an admin and by doing so abused them to, as you say, "MAKE reality" in its current context.

4. Again your view. You are taking it personality. I didnt MAKE THIS SITUATION at ALL - But you blame me for it. I blame you for you censoring and then banning and de-moding people certainly.

5. Not abuse of tools when used appropriately. Ban mods who are being damaging to this forum... well you are logical. As I said until your actions everyone who was on the other forum WAS active here. Nothing other than being pissed violated the BOARDS RULES

6. How can I read peoples IM's unless the show me. evidence is not just gathered, it is also given. I dunno, I am not a MOD with ADMIN TOOLS. YOU said you "acquired messages" in your creepy investigation.

7. Harassing you? Please. I asked to discuss the issue, you couldnt see past your own anger if you like I will post them in their entirety, who do you think is being reasonable... and who is ranting ? You sent repeated messages to my FB account and continued to send messages repeatedly to my FB account after being told specifically not to contact me further. I then blocked you and you only responded to this thread afterward.

8. Seriously? if I was stalking you do you think I would use one of my KNOWN names. LOL. I was checking out the site, how was I to know you were in chat. You just arent as interesting to me, as you think you are to me. It is entirely logical to assume that a malicious individual who has been shown to be by their repeated actions who de-moded and banned several accounts for simply joining another forum and who then creates an account on that forum, incognito or not, and whom then enters a chat on said forum, saying nothing though admittedly reads the chat yet claiming to somehow not be observing peoples comments(wtf? cognitive dissonance) can entirely be, justifiably and reasonably so as to be further pursuing continued malice and suspect behavior in the form of "internet stalking."

I'm with dice_jay on this... we can bicker and point fingers, or do what we can...

..speaking of which, does Karlis need anything to complete this? I have various bits of hardware lying around... I can assist software-wise in most areas... maybe just send him a six-pack of something as a kick-start? I know what it's like when these long-term projects stall and more important things start taking over one's time. Anything I can do to help, just ask, and if I can, I will.

Quote:
Exactly.
If I were stalking you - wouldnt I use a name you didnt know. I was checking out the site (isnt that allowed?), if I was stalking you wouldnt I lie? Your anger blinds you. stop posting to me if you dont want a response. Go get centered Oh. you are off balance. Go ban yourself for doing what you punished others for.

I was more than happy to not have this issue until I was harassed on facebook and I and others were'observed' on another forum. I will respond to it as maliciousness as long as that behavior is continued.

Ok whatever you say strawman arguments are abundant. I dont have time for lies, or garbage.

I banned one individual. (two accounts)

I de-modded two.

Both mods were hostile to the admin, and the owners of the site. Instead of approaching your complaints with respect, you enflamed the membership, instead of supporting the site. One mod advocated people to spam Jodies email, threatened to post negative messages on her facebook, and was WHILE ACTING AS A MOD inviting people to a different forum.

Simple as that. I acted in the best interest of CC, and its owners, which is what I promised Jodie I would do when I took on this gig. You are unwilling to recognize the factors at play here, and like a child you are stomping your feet because you cant have what you want - when you want it. Sometimes in life, you just have to wait... and if you cant handle that. take a break, but dont create drama and take so bloody personally! It isnt a personal slight. I am CERTAIN the forum is not the ONLY thing that got back-burnerd when Marc was taken (remember when CC was an actual magazine?). But hey. How dare SHE not RESPOND to the MODS!?!? Get real.

You are blaming Jodie, Me and whoever else for not being able to perform to your standards while ignoring REALITY. Not very mature, and really unexpected from someone who I generally respect and feel is fairly balanced.

NO ONE WAS FORCING YOU TO MOD. IF it was getting too much, why didnt you take a break? There ARE other mods, and others willing to do so.

At this point, I have said all I need to say on all of this. It is time to move forward. You were given the option to talk it out, you responded with cusses and nonesense (yes I mean it as that)

I welcome anything positive you care to contribute to this thread or forum. I Otherwise, please, just keep your thoughts and delusions about me to yourself - or your other forum.

Thanks

sw

I'm with dice_jay on this... we can bicker and point fingers, or do what we can...

..speaking of which, does Karlis need anything to complete this? I have various bits of hardware lying around... I can assist software-wise in most areas... maybe just send him a six-pack of something as a kick-start? I know what it's like when these long-term projects stall and more important things start taking over one's time. Anything I can do to help, just ask, and if I can, I will.

Thanks Spectral - I appreciate that. I am not sure if Karlis needs anything or not. From my understanding the last pieces of the upgrade have been finished up this last week, so we should expect the upgrade in the fairly near future.

From my understanding Karlis will update us on dates and what to expect soon.

SW

Ban me. I was hostile. Thats bannable. I talked shit. Ban me. I am hostile to a mod who styles herself an admin because she has the tools. Ban me. I wrote the mod strike signature message. Ban me. I supported OGs comments. Ban me. I joined another forum. Ban me. C'mon, finish me off. You have every justification.

Ban me because I put the long term existence of this forum, which is far more useful and important than either of your feelings, over your and Jodies inaction and support of inaction. Ban me. I never do anything I am not certain of.

If you cared about the long term existence of this forum you wouldnt make having a forum so much hassle for the over-burdened owner. just sayin.

There ARE other ways to get what you want, without churning everyone up and attacking people who are on your side.

Most of us want the same thing for the forum.

We all wouldnt have put as much time and effort in if we didnt.

quit acting like you are some sort of martyr, you are not. Things happen at the rate they happen....