GBuds

Rick Simpson Oil

24 posts in this topic

This forum has been online for a loooonng time now. Dedicated to cannabis. I'm thinking that somewhere amongst the 40,000+ members to have signed up here, someone has to have some kind of experience with Rick Simpson Oil and fighting cancer. I'd like to hear your stories. Whether it be you personally, or other family members or friend. I'm interested in how you made the oil (quantities used, strain, etc) and how effective it was. Was it effective at stopping or curing the cancer? Or did it have other effects that made a difference. I've only just begun to delve into this topic. Phoenix Tears has a ton of good info. I also welcome any sites you may be able to direct me to on the topic that are worthy.

not sure about the cancer side, but I used some oil on a mole I had on the back of my leg. it was swelling up and itch for some reason, so I tried it. I used the oily daily for about a week and then kind of forgot about it. when I looked again, the mole was gone. I had it as long as I can remember.

Dice, it's good to hear you got rid of that third nipple....

I've got a friend using it right now, will keep you posted on the results. If you want the method used I can pm it. It is RSO, but made into a tincture using pure kentucky moonshine laugh

Send me a the details...or just post 'em here. From what I've read this seems to be a miracle medicine.

This forum has been online for a loooonng time now. Dedicated to cannabis. I'm thinking that somewhere amongst the 40,000+ members to have signed up here, someone has to have some kind of experience with Rick Simpson Oil and fighting cancer.
Well G...I'm your man, chemo and radiation had little effect to my cancer, after 2 rounds of each my lymph nodes were still growing in size and I was so sick that they would not start a third course until I was better. That pretty much was a death sentence, if I was to wait 6 months would I sill be here? I had one of the nurses turn me on to rick and his treatment. I was only in the beginning of setting up my "legal" room when I opened my closet door and low and behold there was a closet full of meds!smileI made my first batch, a total of 40 grams and began eating it like suggested on his site. Within the first month I was ingesting almost a gram a day( I had a slight advantage, I was a chronic, so it did not affect me too bad. By the time I was scheduled for a ct scan and a pet scan I had already ingested almost 100 grams of high end oil. Both ct and pet showed my nodes had reduced in size to almost normal, they then changed their opinions and said it was the chemo! I call bullshit! I have since began making my oil with 5 different strains and they all have different cannabinoids and they do different things. My chemo was in 2011, my last CT scan was just two months ago, stable...by the way I am still taking a 00 capsule of oil daily and probably will till the day I die. If you want any particulars I will be happy to go through my process step by step, but honestly ingesting and clean cannabis oils will benefit everyone...IMHO...SG

P.S. Look into Juicing also, this is another great delivery system and a good way of getting rid of all that green garbage...

Thanks SG for sharing your healing story with RSO. I hope others using will post to this thread so readers and researchers can benefit from results experienced by RSO users.

SG did you post your process previously here?

No Kenny I haven't yet. Good Idea, hopefully people could benefit a little. My process has changed a little over time but for good reasons...better quality meds. Thanks for the idea, I will have to do a pictorial along with it. Pictures say so much more...SG

It is RSO, but made into a tincture using pure kentucky moonshine laugh
Nice! I make a tincture also, actually 2 types. Your moonshine compares to my 151 proof rum I use, except better. I hear its called Green dragon if done correctly, the other is a glycerine base. One of my patients is a recovering alcoholic and this takes the place of the booze. What I have found with tinctures/elixirs is, strength can vary really bad, one degree of heat, one way or the other, an ounce more or less booze when cooking, all effect the finished products strength. Don't get me wrong...It's ALL GOOOD! I am just trying to point out if your needing this product for medicinal requirements like tumors or disease like cancer, then using the most concentrated product is still the best way to load up your cannabinoid system. Juice, tincture, elixir, dry good capsules and of course RSO capsules should all be in your arsenal when disease comes calling...SG

Great info, SirG. I really look forward to you outlining your methods for us. This is exactly the type of thing this topic needs. I am so glad to hear that it is working the way it is for you. I've worried about you and your health many times. Keep up the fight!!!

Great info, SirG. I really look forward to you outlining your methods for us.
Hey G...I will gladly explain my process if there is a chance it may help! I know there are many ways to make this product and I'm pretty sure there are better ways but this method works really well for me and I have learnt to control strength of my finished product with this method.

Rick's Oil Recipe...Modified a little..Shhh! I start with 2 one litre stainless steel sealers filled with 99 and placed in my freezer. I use sugar shake from 4 different harvests...usually, or until I have 450g built up. I also take one ounce from every harvest of smaller bud, place them aside in a paper sack to dry out. Once everything is dry I remove any stock from the buds, separating not crushing(powder makes green oil). Into the freezer it goes.

The next morning I pull out the kitchen-aid mixer and commence to mixin! I put about 4 zips of mixed, dry, cold, product into the bowl and pour the first Ice cold litre into the mix, on low, I mix for 3 minutes then remove and strain as much liquid out before emptying into another container and putting aside, starting another batch. Remember every batch you will loose a little of your liquid, that's what the second litre is for. Repeat this process for the rest of the product placing all the first run material together. Once you have run everything once I throw the whole pound and a quarter back into the mixing bowl add all my liquid(top up with more if you have to)and run for an additional 3-4 min. I don't squeeze the liquid out of the second run but I do let it drain until no more comes out. Back into the sealers it goes, at this point you should have lost a little liquid in the process but no worries.

Letting it settle overnight will make filtering much easier, I use a standard coffee filter in those metal baskets you can buy for your coffee maker, filter in a filter so to speak, I pour off as much as I can trying to not disturb the crap at the bottom. I only go so far and then pour the rest into a settling container for future use. I bring out the rice cooker(brilliant!)and have a little area set up to vent off the vapours. One and a half hours is what it takes to vap off a batch and with my five different strains I generally pull out 35-45g of some really golden product. If I was to sell it, it would go for 60 bones here a gram.

Once the ISO is almost vapped off I pour it off into a small double boiler I made and slowly vaporize the rest of the iso. I can put my fingers in the water so its not really hot. Let sit and bubbles, stir occasionally will speed the process up, you are done when bubbles are a min. If you wait till you have no bubbles, you will make shatter.

Once I accumulate a few zips I take 00 capsules and a eye dropper and fill 50 to a hundred at a time...carefully that is. Warming the material will make things really easy. One 00 capsule holds about 6-7 tenths of a gram so don't start there unless you want to sleep a lot. Start small a few grains daily and move up to the capsules or even better use the capsules and only fill to a certain point.

That's basically it! I'm sure other methods work well but this method I know the outcome and it saved my life. Hope this can help someone out...If you would like any other of my recipes or info on tinctures or elixirs let me know, I have a couple of really good potent mixes for them too! Good Luck to Ya G-Man...SG

Good recipe/procedure Sir G, clear, concise and easy to reproduce.

I really need to try this...

Good outline SG, easy to follow and am sure many will benefit from your method.

Roughly 500g synthesized down to average 40g oil. This would represent about 60 doses or 2 months taken 1/day.

this concentration is an awesome therapeutic remedy. I could load it in a syringe and measure dosage to titrate for effect then move up to capsules.

Or I could use a lower dosage over a longer period of time, supplementing with other healing cannabis items.

Exactly...I used a syringe for the smaller doses but once I started eating larger quantities I went to capsules, mainly...taste. I plan on one complete year on 00 caps then I will drop to a more sensible amount...maybe the buzz will come back?happydance...SG

Here's a youtube vid showing the entire process (1-hour) for 'small batch' making of RSO using everclear I stumbled across today:

This is really great information. But how does a 68 year old socially out of touch person find the 'raw' material to even begin to help himself?

High Gberta from northern Alberta and Welcome to CC!

Depending on where you live you could get pot or even the oils from compassion clubs or dispensaries.  Not going to be cheap tho as they aren't as compassionate as they could be but that's because of prohibition which is where all the "harms" from pot originate.

I make an use a coconut oil extraction to take my meds as edibles.  As far as I'm concerned it is every bit as effective if not more so than RSO as it will contain all of the plant's medicine and not just target the THC and other oils.  I haven't tried to cure a cancer with it yet but at 62 with almost 50 years of smoking under my belt I likely will one day. :)

Extracts like shatter, wax etc are almost pure THC and lack many of the cannabinoids and terpenes that that have yet unknown medicinal properties.  Those things are more for the "stoner" crowd that likes to get as f'ed up as possible and the better it does that is what they are after.  Those of us that are serious about using it as medicine actually try to avoid getting so messed up so something that allows us to take larger doses without becoming legless is of much more value.

Activating or decarboxilating pot is what many do but it makes the pot get you so much higher than pot that is used to make extracts without that step.  The medicinal properties are reported to be as good or better as pot that is decarbed and if you can take larger doses and still function that seems to me to be a better thing to do.

I don't live out east so don't know what's available in your area or how urgent your needs are so maybe more info would help and some may chime in to give you info you can use.

Maybe start your own thread in a forum like Medical Marijuana and Pharmaceuticals would get more focus on your questions.

Good luck!

:peace:

On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎18 at 5:47 PM, LabRat said:

I make an use a coconut oil extraction to take my meds as edibles.

Would love to hear your method.   Have been making a topical canna ointment using coconut oil for a few months and results are amazing.

High Miranda

There was a link in my signature to a thread I started about how I did my cocobudder but signatures seem to have disappeared when the recent update to the forums was done.

You can find it here. Lab's Cocobudder method.

:) Thanks LabRat ...will try this week.  

Smoking/vaping doesn't seem to alleviate the pain as well as it used to so hoping this bridges the gap.

i make ands use rso alot ..its one of the only ways i can even use cannabis any more .i had / have prostate cancer ..been using the rso for about three yrs now ..my cancer cells have stopped growing and have declined in numbers ..i still have some cells and have to get biopsy's every yr ..my doctors were are kind of ammazed at the progress i had made ..they said i was a candidate for other treatments.. my wife's an oncology nurse and some of the storys she told me of people treated with chemo and radiation scred the crap out of me ..i was having biopsys every 6 months and it starts to play on your mind having to go threw that ..i couldnt even imagin going threw those treatments ..it is working for me ..i dont run the super high levels of rso or levels of the meds in my system that is said to be needed to cure cancer ..the idea of consuming that high level is very hard to do without being bed ridden for long periods of time ..altho i have always been a big user of mj most of my life..the idea of having to consume 60 grams of potent oil a day is not cheap and causes most to exsperance anxiety and they stop the treatments ..when i first started using the rso for treatment ..i was growing as much as i could but it never seemed to be enough..

i think it depends on the cancer you are trying to treat this way , as to how much or how to use it ..for me its working ..not gone yet and its not very fast but its working none the less..

Where did you get the idea you need 60g/day WeedMen?

The RSO videos I've watched with Rick Simpson say to ingest 60 grams over a 2 month period or more if you can tolerate it.  I think with 60 grams you're going to miss a few doses cause it would put you in a coma for a week.  Would me.

I'm trying to figure out if using cannabis that hasn't been activated works as well so you could take much larger doses without getting knocked out.  Some stuff I've found says it does and others say it doesn't so it's hard to figure out what's true.

I'm pretty sure tho that the extracts I make with coconut oil are every bit as good as RSO so I'm using it that way.  Sometimes I just eat buds and those get me pretty high but not like they would if I smoked them.

you are right lab. i did say that wrong ..its a gradule intake up to 60 grams over a period of time ..but it is hard to consume that much over a 90 day period and it is very potent and can cause anxiety in most users over that period of time ..the way most are using it to get there is way to hard on the person..i no they say anyway to consum it to that level is better then not shooting for that end amount ..and consum it bey eating or how ever just to get those amounts in to your system ..and again thats over a 90 day period to get there ..i use it twice a day and have for almost 3 yrs now ..it causes good days and bad days ...

.altho they say you need those high levels i beleive once you turn the corner and see the cancer being slowed or stop the cells from growing or spreading . a daily intake can level off ..this is what i have done ..it may not cure me right away but it seems to be slowly killing the cancer cells ..and it working for me this way ..and it doesnt seem to be as harsh on my daily life as it was when i first started using it . 

rso is not the same as cbd oil and shouldnt be thought of that way either ..cbd oil should contain no thc ..rso is the whole plant ..not just the buds and leafs ..its the roots and all ..it has its own taste ..earthy almost like chewing on a leaf  or eating lawn grass..the whole idea is to get the amount consumed way up there over the 90 day period ..i use the whole plant when making it ..i use grain alcohol to make it ..your best bet is to make your own ..and not depend on others unless you know them personely and trust they are making it the right way ..i also use more then one strain when making it ..as like with my butter i use three strains ..

i no i have read to get those levels up there by consuming mj anyway you can but i think its the whole plant is what it takes .i use coconut oil but i use it in capsols ..the rso , i use it in a grain size dose ..once in the morning and once before bed at night ..i find my self skiping morning doses when i have alot to do ..its just to hard to get going with my other health issues and having that intence of a head going first thing in the morning .nothing harder then waking up and wanting to go back to bed ..

the only way to be sure you are following  that exact recipe is to go to the source..dosage is kind of on you ..but it will give you what you need in this link..in my opinion it has gone from something that was first to help people and now maybe more of a business money making idea..but it does seem to be working, i am living proof  ..so far..

http://phoenixtears.ca/