Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      21 Oct
    Dove

just had a bowl of black tuna. After a long strech of using a vape, the feeling of resiny lips is a deja vu.

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Photo

White Widow - is it the best?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Trava

Trava

Stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

I've been growing this strain for years now and it never let me down. Usually I get it from the Dinafem, they're the best IMO, but this time I got it from some shop called Amsterdam Seeds, and it still didn't let me down. This strain is so dependable and honest!
What do you guys think?

#2 Doobie Brother

Doobie Brother

Ganja God

• Super Moderator
  • 7,106 posts
  • LocationThe G.W.N.

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

Labeling a strain as 'the best' is similar to asking which car is the best, what flavour of ice cream, that sort of thing. In my opinion this sort of is much too subjective to do anything other than say which YOU prefer.

I agree that WW is one of the better strains out there, based on how well it grows, harvest, and buzz. For me, it's not on my top ten list due to it's (at least in my experience) poor medical qualities.

Not sure about WW being an honest strain, but dependable - yes sir!

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan

#3 blueberrychronic

blueberrychronic

Garden stoner

• Members
  • 1,471 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

I agree with Doobie White widow is really good but I've had better.
I find that the white window that I have here does not clone
Good as other varieties I have. The potency is okay but I find that the mango I grow is even more potent that it.

#4 bhang1

bhang1

Stranger

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

there is no doubt that the white widow strain is the strongest weed in the world but about your question if it is the best, the answer is: it depends on one's preference. for those who are looking for a strain with great medicinal values, it might not be..

#5 Sir.Ganga

Sir.Ganga

GOOYGURU

• Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:32 AM

Not enough yield for me.SG

#6 Mgee

Mgee

Stoner

• Members
  • 695 posts
  • LocationMichigan, US.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

there is no doubt that the white widow strain is the strongest weed in the world

Weeeeellllll........ there might be a tad bit of doubt. blah

Damn near every seedbank out there has a version of Widow. Dinafem and Seedsman I can both speak for, but the others, quite literally 40 other seed companies out there that have a widow version, I'm not sure of. BC Bud Depot, Nirvana, Brother's Grimm, Delta9, Pyramid, White Label, G13 Labs, Barney's, Dutch Passion, Flying Dutchman, and numerous others. Half of which claim they have the orignal, blah blah blah.

It's a good strain, but which is the best? Oh man...
- When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will then be peace -

#7 Buddha

Buddha

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationIf "Harper" has his way...JAIL

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

[quote name="Mgee"][quote=bhang1] I'm not sure of. BC Bud Depot, Nirvana, Brother's Grimm, Delta9, Pyramid, White Label, G13 Labs, Barney's, Dutch Passion, Flying Dutchman, and numerous others. Half of which claim they have the orignal, blah blah blah.

It's a good strain, but which is the best? Oh man... [/quote]

I didn't know Brothers Grimm were back at it, where can I find them...Web site link...Please!

As for the question at hand...I am embarrassed to say I really don't know if I have ever smoked any White Widow or for that matter, White anything. But if you ask me, I would have to say the most potent weed I have ever smoked would be the original "Green Crack", stuff was amazing, kicked your ass, but didn't last more than an hour or so(Baby farmers don't have it anymore, it never failed me). Next would be "Buba Kush", for potency and the nicest after taste of "Bubble-Gummy-Hashyness" ever...Mmmmm Mmm Mm. But...best rounded, over all weed, was the old biker bud "BC hash Plant" from 5-6 years back, it was potent, nice hashy taste, you never got immune to it and the effects lasted forever off one joint, it was hours before you needed to hit again. Never understood why they stopped cloning that one...I would still grow it today if I could.

So, I'll have to agree with the others on this thread. Very difficult to name one strain as the best...I think I like them all, at lease I can say, I never had a strain I hated...lol.

Peace...Buddha
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"-Albert Einstein

#8 Mgee

Mgee

Stoner

• Members
  • 695 posts
  • LocationMichigan, US.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

This is a distributor, so I'm not sure of it's legitimacy, but BG seeds found here

I'm not sure if they're still at it or not, but I just recall they had a WW cut from back in the day, ONE of the originals, for sure.
- When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will then be peace -

#9 Doobie Brother

Doobie Brother

Ganja God

• Super Moderator
  • 7,106 posts
  • LocationThe G.W.N.

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:56 AM

there is no doubt that the white widow strain is the strongest weed in the world but about your question if it is the best, the answer is: it depends on one's preference. for those who are looking for a strain with great medicinal values, it might not be..

Ok, wait a sec here... I DID NOT confuse medical with recreational marijuana, which it seems you are implying by your last sentence above.

There are many strains with more THC than WW: Here's an article written this past summer, listing the
top 20 strongest strains on the planet: HIGH TIMES

Don't think Widow made this list. Now, I'm the first one to say that everyone reacts a little differently to a given strain, so quantitative lists are subject to, well, subjective 'personal preferences'. If you asked one hundred chronics to list their top ten strains, you'll get one hundred different answers. However, it's all we have to go by smile

Advice: Never use absolutes! No....wait.... blush

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan

#10 vostok

vostok

Stranger

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

if you like it ...grow you own seeds, but I prefer the Black Widow ....less controversial 

#11 blueberrychronic

blueberrychronic

Garden stoner

• Members
  • 1,471 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:58 PM

Spider mites loved it , poor stock strength . I discontinued growing it

#12 Johnny5

Johnny5

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,807 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten State

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:12 AM

If you are going to go with a widow go with the black widow from mr nice. Since he was one of the breeeders involved back in the day that made the original..thats who i would go with. Still might have to go though a couple packs to find the one you want.

Life...what would it be like without some good ganja...

#13 George_W_Heyduke

George_W_Heyduke

Curmudgeon

• Members
  • 5,364 posts
  • Locationon a pillow of winds

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

if you like it ...grow you own seeds, but I prefer the Black Widow ....less controversial

Black Widow IS White Widow McDerpstein.

White Widow from any other source than Shantibaba is derivative genetics.

And. Bullshit. I'd take dozens of different cuts before any 3rd gen knockoff.